Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your expectations for the season?

Default What is your expectations for the season?

Doesn't have to be a record prediction, which is always difficult, but even more so these last few years with so many unknowns, but what are you expecting to see this season?

Who do you think will be the Broncos QB, and is he currently on the roster?

Do you think the Broncos have a shot at making the playoffs?

Any other thoughts on the roster or your expectations for the season.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

For me, and not much surprise here, it comes down to the QB. Can Lock, or maybe Bridgewater, be a consistent force under center. The offense is really stocked with talent, and should have a solid O-line. Even with just good, forget great, QB play, with the talent at wide receiver and TE, and decent talent at RB, this should be a good offense.

On defense, it's often injury dependent, but on paper, the defense should be at least solid, and has the potential to be good to great.

The big problem is that the Broncos have looked good on paper many times in recent years, but haven't been good as a team in a while.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

A wild card berth is my best guess. Either Lock does his thing or Teddy B game manages it for you before it goes to crap. Read that last sentence to mean he could either be the starter immediately or eventually.

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

I expect to make the wild card.
    I expect to see a top 3 defense.
    I expect everyone will have forgotten about lindsey
    I expect sutton to make the pro bowl (but he wont. it will be next year because thats how it always works)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

10-6. Wild card.

Drew wins out in his second year under Shurmur, does enough to hold off Teddy.

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    10-6. Wild card.

Isn't there an extra game?

12. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    10-6. Wild card.

10-7 or 11-6 Davii

10-6 is Not an option homie
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Beat me to it
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

16. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That's going to be hard to remember.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If healthy i would say anywhere from 10-7 to 11-6. But this all still hinges on Lock's progress and personally i want him to take the position by the balls and leave Bridgewater as a distant memory. Frankly im tired of searching for "the" guy and want Drew to succeed. But if not its going to be another bumpy year where both QB's will get chances to ignite the team in some way. But the most important thing for this year is not to have all our guys dropping like flies like last year.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

My expectations:

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I just want to see what this team can actually do when it’s healthy. Last year’s squad had a ton of promise and looked amazing on paper and then the injuries started, one after the other. I just want to see the majority of the team and especially our starters play together this season. There’s a reason KC and TB were in the Super Bowl last year and it’s not just because of Mahomes and Brady. They were two of the least injured teams in the league. When all your starters from TC play the majority of the season, you typically have a good season.

For perspective, every single starter on the ‘14-‘15 Broncos generational defense played in the playoffs and Super Bowl. If we can have that kind of luck this year, this team can be very competitive. Last year’s team was a shell of the paper roster.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I haven't felt this uncertain in a few years. I'm going to wait for dogfish to post his expectations, we've both just about nailed it since 2016.

Here's my expectations anyway..

Defensive proj roster:
    Shelby Harris
    Mike Purcell
    Dre Jones
    Brad Chubb
    AJ
    Josey
    Von
    Surtain
    Kareem
    Simmons
    Fuller
    Darby as nickel

Outside of Jewell, who could be exploited in coverage, and Dre Jones, whose play I can't comment upon, this lineup of starters is incredible. I didn't realize how good it was. It's actually starting to look like passing on the ILB (Bush?) was a hindsight mistake (still a quality draft move at the time), since Lock and Fant aren't much of anything yet. Could you imagine that??

Offensively:

Lock/Teddy
    Sutton
    Jeudy
    Fant
    Williams, Javonte
    Massie
    Glasgow
    Cush
    Risner
    Bolles
    Hamler/Patrick/Beck/Gordon/Albert O

man that line is sketch af. Add that to the QB roulette, and all those unreal playmakers might get pouty real quick after too many sacks, hurried passes, pressures, stacked boxes, etc.

Even though there is little optimism about Lock, it feels like the only possible way forward is that he makes the jump. With Teddy I see more of the same Keenum/Flacco/Siemian woes, and the continued disenfranchisement of the defense. This is why I have very low expectations for the season--if coaching staff really wants a 50/50 snap QB competition because the issue is undecided, and it's not just the normal coach-speak to light a fire under a competitor's ass, then that means they are out on Lock.

As elite a defense as it is, the QB is going to need to make some plays throughout the season.

If Lock starts, shows improved footwork and the knack for coverages and progressions and soft spots, I put us at 12-5. If Lock starts, doesn't show that he's made the jump, or Shurmur keeps asking him to do things that he sucks at, or Teddy starts, I've got us closer to 5-11, 6-10.

But I will eat some mf crow all day if that's wrong!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Not sure about the QB battle but I think Drew may pull away in the preseason games but I have no idea. I just believe Drew has a higher ceiling but Bridgewater would be fine.

I think the Broncos establish an identity of a smash-mouth run offense with a suffocating defense early on and hopefully get off to a fast start in September because they will need that as teams adjust to them. I do think if we can establish that identity early and not abandon the run game we can starting stringing together wins, and eventually end up with a 10-7 record or thereabouts. A wild card weekend playoff game would be HUGE for this team.

Ideally the roster is enough to get us over the hump with solid (not great) QB play and that leads to confidence and that leads to a winning season that ends on a positive. Plus get to the playoffs and you could ruin someones day, who knows?

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

First, we have to remain relatively healthy. If that happens...

Drew Lock must progress. If we start Teddy we are not going to the promised land.

The roster looks loaded. We could win 10 games or maybe even 11. The playoffs are not out of the question.

If Lock doesn't take the job by the horns it really won't matter how many games we win.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

30. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information