Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    That seems like an awful lot to give up for a guy who might only play a couple seasons. Would you guys do that deal?
    Nope.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That is a lot to give up but I'd probably do it. QBs are playing longer and longer these days (and Rodgers has less wear and tear than the typical 37 year old since he didn't play for the first 3 years). I'd want to get assurances from him he'd sign a long term deal before pulling the trigger on that, but I'd probably do it.

That seems like an awful lot to give up for a guy who might only play a couple seasons. Would you guys do that deal?
    No, packers know nobody is going to give that up either and Rodgers just told his close friends he’s now 75% wanting to stay in Green Bay. Like I said Rodgers played a game to get what he wants. He used the broncos with fake interest to get what he wants in Green Bay. Just sucks lock had to go through yet another bashing over a guy who never wanted to leave his current situation. Just wanted the security and guaranteed money where he’s already playing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I'd push back on the players and potentially the second.

But if premier players translates to "competent, above average starter," and not "your three best players," then sure. The NFL has hit peak QB relevancy: it now no longer matters how good your roster is if you don't have a great QB.

TB vs. KC had two.

KC vs San Fran showed us the team with the QB wins.

Philly vs. NE showed us that at the very least, if you don't have a great QB, you'll need him to play like one. In other words, don't have hope your scrub QB gets hot, just get the real QB.

NE vs ATL - again, two great QB's, one of which was the MVP.

Denver vs Carolina - this is your outlier.

New England vs Seattle - Seattle was a great defensive team...and still lost to the team with the (at that time) greater QB. But Seattle also had a guy who is destined to go to Canton.

Somewhere in there was the NE vs LA SB. NE's defense destroyed the system that LA ran. Even then, you have a SB where you had an all-time great QB with gas left in the tank vs a guy who was a Pro Bowler.

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don’t care about the draft picks, or trading the talent already on the team ... but doing both would be too detrimental to the impact of trading for Rodgers in the first place. Rodgers mentioned the Broncos because of their roster, I’d try to stick to just draft picks.

Btw I believe that source mentioned trading Chubb with no Edge coming back in return so I am dubious about the opinion right off the bat ... the Packers are set at Edge. Feels like pure speculation. I speculate that the deal could be made for a 12-pack and a large pizza, it’s all theoretical, of course, but I believe my math is sound.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 05-19-2021 at 10:33 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

For a guy that will probably only play like 2 more years, pass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    pass.
    Denver hasn't had anyone who can do that since 2014.

11. The Following 6 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Denver hasn't had anyone who can do that since 2014.
    This wasn't meant to be smack. Sorry if it came across that way. I just think that Denver would have the best overall team in the league with Rodgers. I also think that Rodgers' would be less checked out with a franchise that wasn't obstructionist.

And he'll play a lot more than 2 years
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Dude that’s essentially 6 first round picks for Rodgers. Why on earth would we delete what’s intriguing about the roster to Rodgers on top of giving away premiums picks to replace the lost players? Good grief they are insane

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

F that, we have leverage. Offer them 2 first rd picks, Patrick and Teddy B. When They realize they are staring at Jordan Love as their QB, they may finally cave.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Dude that’s essentially 6 first round picks for Rodgers. Why on earth would we delete what’s intriguing about the roster to Rodgers on top of giving away premiums picks to replace the lost players? Good grief they are insane
    Because Denver has already made the picks that makes the position desirable for Rodgers. Would I make that specific trade? Seems a little excessive, but it also seems like a starting point, not an ending point, in negotiations.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Because Denver has already made the picks that makes the position desirable for Rodgers. Would I make that specific trade? Seems a little excessive, but it also seems like a starting point, not an ending point, in negotiations.
    Get real dude. 3 first round picks plus Chubb, Sutton/Jeudy and Justin Simmons is literally the hat they just said on nfl network. You are out of your mind and beyond thirsty to even consider that a starting point. It’s not a start at all. Paton just got here he hasn’t been the one losing for 5 years in a row he’s not about to blow up all this accumulated talent and assets for a couple years of fun. Never going to happen! I don’t know why you people are still entertaining the thought of Rodgers coming to Denver. He’s not being traded anywhere and you guys steady wanting to dump our own players

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Those kind of trade offers are insane, I really don't think it would cost a smart GM that much since GB has little leverage against another team. A dumb GM yeah sure. But if we balked at the Stafford trade because they wanted more then our original offer, I doubt we even entertain some of these crazy starting points. Initial Denver rumors before draft were that 3 1st rd picks and a player or 2 1st rd picks and a CB like Surtain and WR like Patrick could seal the deal. That's assumption no doubt but nothing in the last weeks has improved GB's leverage to ask for more then that.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

No chance. He'll be 38 in December. Four top picks and three premium players is out of the question. I could see a #1 in 2022, 2023 and a #2 in 2022, either Sutton or Juedy and maybe a defender like Dremont Jones. That's about as far as I'd go.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information