Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Keep in mind GB did Favre dirty so i wouldnt expect GB to do right by Rodgers. Especially if they have been flying out to talk to him, etc. If they feel like he is just being an ******* they have no reason to be nice of where they trade him.
    Favre kept retiring and strung them along.

If Rodgers says 'If you don't trade me where I want I'll retire," he takes their leverage from them. If he has the guts to make it painful, all leverage is his. It would come down to if he wants to be that guy and take a hit to his legacy.

Green Bay should do right by him given that their garbage ****s.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Favre kept retiring and strung them along.

If Rodgers says 'If you don't trade me where I want I'll retire," he takes their leverage from them. If he has the guts to make it painful, all leverage is his. It would come down to if he wants to be that guy and take a hit to his legacy.

Green Bay should do right by him given that their garbage ****s.
    Meh, not knowing if you are going to retire or not is not really stringing people along. Elway did something similar 2 years before he finally retired. It doesnt matter if GB has done nothing to help Rodgers they really have no obligation to trade him where he wants. I really dont think GB as an organization really cares about how they are viewed at this point. The thing is they WANT Rodgers there, its not like they dislike the guy yet Aaron is kind of going out of his way to trash the organization in his bid to get out of there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Meh, not knowing if you are going to retire or not is not really stringing people along. Elway did something similar 2 years before he finally retired. It doesnt matter if GB has done nothing to help Rodgers they really have no obligation to trade him where he wants. I really dont think GB as an organization really cares about how they are viewed at this point. The thing is they WANT Rodgers there, its not like they dislike the guy yet Aaron is kind of going out of his way to trash the organization in his bid to get out of there.
    Devil's advocate...what as he actually publicly said to trash the organization?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Devil's advocate...what as he actually publicly said to trash the organization?
    I dunno, just going by what has been reported.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...n-group-texts/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

He told them he retired. Then he unretired. That was after years of speculation on his own part and playing into the media because Favre was always a media whore. Elway didn't revoke his retirement and did it the right way.

I think GB should care greatly how they're viewed. They can get away with being a lackluster organization when they have a transcendent talent at QB. But that franchise isn't going to carry itself. With no Rodgers and a guy like Love, what is their future? Maybe they find another guy at QB. Maybe.

As to wanting him there: I don't think refusing to ever do right by him and get him weapons, reportedly not wanting to give him a new deal, and not even giving him notice that they're spending a first round pick on his replacement demonstrates that. He had to fight tooth and nail for them to get rid of an incompetent head coach. I hope Green Bay is irrelevant for the next thirty years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

GB survived the Farve disaster just fine. If Rodgers comes to Denver, they'll get through it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    GB survived the Farve disaster just fine. If Rodgers comes to Denver, they'll get through it.
    They had Rodgers to fall back on. A hyper talented guy who should never have fallen out of the top three.

Right now they have Jordan Love to replace him. A super raw inconsistent prospect -in the era of those-who should have been a second rounder.

That franchise shall burn for their insolence.

(I hope).

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    That would be fine, too. At that point, he’d be free and clear to sign with whomever he wanted, right?
    i'm almost positive it doesn't work that way-- pretty sure if a guy unretires, the team that held his rights still holds them. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Think about this. The Packers have had HOF QB play for 30 straight years. That’s almost unheard of. They got 15 years of Favre and another 15 years of Rodgers. They are completely spoiled on what it means to need a QB and if and when Rodgers goes they will struggle (Love ain’t Rodgers). In the time they’ve had these guys they’ve done very little to support them and put talent around them. Favre and Rodgers have made a lot of GB teams winners and competitive but they weren’t Championship teams. They’ve pretty much completely blown their opportunities by playing conservative with their roster and never being active in FA enough to build that Championship roster. The 2 times in their history they made splashes in FA and invested in their team they won Superbowls (1 with Favre, 1 with Rodgers). I hope they end up like the irrelevant Packers of the 70’s and 80’s once this is over with. They squandered 2 of the greatest QBs ever to play. The only team that was worse was the Dolphins wasting Marino.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I dunno, just going by what has been reported.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...n-group-texts/
    Hardly public on his end though

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i'm almost positive it doesn't work that way-- pretty sure if a guy unretires, the team that held his rights still holds them. . .
    Yea, its why Barry Sanders couldnt come back. He initially wanted to go elsewhere but when Detroit didnt trade him he retired but they warned that if he unretired they would still hold the rights to his contract and where he played.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Yea, its why Barry Sanders couldnt come back. He initially wanted to go elsewhere but when Detroit didnt trade him he retired but they warned that if he unretired they would still hold the rights to his contract and where he played.
    Same reason I said Watson had no leverage. His contract would never allow him to do anything to get himself out of town. It was always up to the intestinal fortitude of the Texans. Even retiring couldn't help him. Conventional wisdom says they would have caved, but they held all the cards

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

New York had to release Favre from his contract in order for him to get to Minny.

15. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

This isn’t true, players always win! Especially when your a star! Oh wait Barry sanders was both and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    This isn’t true, players always win! Especially when your a star! Oh wait Barry sanders was both and lost.
    Jalen Ramsey
    Randy Moss
    brett Favre
    Aqib Talib
    Emmanual Sanders
    Dwatson
    Rodgers
    Odb
    So many more.....

I think unless you are the lions, the player always wins.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information