Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 882

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

  1. #706
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton
    Posts
    49,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I love you and 99% of your takes - but critiquing a draft grade to support an otherwise sound argument is asinine given the crap shoot that is the draft and how many sure fire things flame out
    That's not what I did though. I didn't say him not being a first rounder means I'm right that he sucks. I just refuted the point that "many people had him with a first round grade". Obviously no NFL team had him graded as that since he in fact didn't go in the first round. That's no commentary on his play or potential, just on how people had him graded at the time.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  3. #707
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Adopted Bronco:
    Rodney Dangerfield
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I love you and 99% of your takes - but critiquing a draft grade to support an otherwise sound argument is asinine given the crap shoot that is the draft and how many sure fire things flame out
    I disagree with this. Because draft grades are at least the start of a conversation on ability. It's relevant. I don't think it's hyper relevant. Wave, also has the right to issue a rebuttal to a point being made. Which it was.

    As such, I kindly ask that you stop picking on my brother. Or I will be forced to proffer justice upon thee. With vengeance!
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Message board canon: the King makes the decisions.

  4. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:


  5. #708
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Bend, Oregon
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That's not what I did though. I didn't say him not being a first rounder means I'm right that he sucks. I just refuted the point that "many people had him with a first round grade". Obviously no NFL team had him graded as that since he in fact didn't go in the first round. That's no commentary on his play or potential, just on how people had him graded at the time.
    Idiotic conclusion.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion


  6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:


  7. #709
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton
    Posts
    49,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Idiotic conclusion.
    Any team that needed a QB at least. Denver was QB desperate and even we were willing to see if he fell to round 2. If there is a QB teams have a first round grade on, someone will go up to the end of the first and get him to have that 5th year option. The fact that not one team did it makes me think he probably wasn't thought of as a first rounder by most of the NFL.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  8. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  9. #710
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton
    Posts
    49,535

    Default

    Shit even Green Bay who didn't need a QB traded up into the first to get Love. That 5th year is just so valuable for a QB that's why you see so many teams reach in the first to pick one, and you often see teams trade to the back of round 1 to grab a guy, Lamar and Love being recent examples. If a QB manages to slide out of the first round, it's a pretty good bet that he generally wasn't thought of as a first round talent by the NFL.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  11. #711
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steady Teddy
    Posts
    38,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If a QB manages to slide out of the first round, it's a pretty good bet that he generally wasn't thought of as a first round talent by the NFL.
    Pump this hard hitting analysis into my veins!!!

  12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:


  13. #712
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Teddy
    Posts
    31,369

    Default


  14. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:


  15. #713
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Adopted Bronco:
    Rodney Dangerfield
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Pump this hard hitting analysis into my veins!!!
    Don't go Uma Thurman on us.
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Message board canon: the King makes the decisions.

  16. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:


  17. #714
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    38,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Don't go Uma Thurman on us.
    Mia Wallace: "Ohhh, this doesn't sound like the usual mindless, boring, getting-to-know you chit-chat. This sounds like you actually have something to say."
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  18. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  19. #715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Shit even Green Bay who didn't need a QB traded up into the first to get Love. That 5th year is just so valuable for a QB that's why you see so many teams reach in the first to pick one, and you often see teams trade to the back of round 1 to grab a guy, Lamar and Love being recent examples. If a QB manages to slide out of the first round, it's a pretty good bet that he generally wasn't thought of as a first round talent by the NFL.
    The same love who looks like trash in camp? Some teams do this some teams do that, There’s also a thing teams call playing the board and focusing on which teams are ahead of them that will threaten a guy falling to them which is what happened with Drew, there was absolutely teams that gave lock a first round grade, he didn’t go in the first doesn’t mean anything. Guys have been looked over and guys have been taken way ahead of where they supposedly shouldn’t have.

    It’s just the draft. You really need to watch George Paton and the broncos inside exclusive look into the draft and draft process and you’ll learn it isn’t as simple as well this guy had this round grade and didn’t go in that round so he must not have really had that grade by anybody….. do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

    The broncos gave javonte a first round grade and labeled him the best back in the draft but oh well he didn’t go in the first so nobody must have had a first round grade on him….

    Lots of guys with a first round grade by teams slip for numerous reasons.

  20. #716
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Idiotic conclusion.
    Yep lol

    Teams can have more then 32 players on their draft board with a first round grade lol
    They don't make real men anymore

    Bass Pro. Where the magic happens

  21. The Following User High Fived Fangios Meatballs For This Post:


  22. #717
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Fields
    Posts
    502

    Default

    I think the point he is making, is that nobody was willing to come back in at the end of the 1st to take him, and also to get that 5th year. Teams were content letting him slip to day 2. As such, it's not much of a stretch to say he wasn't really a 1st round graded prospect, even if someone had them on their board that high. Love/Jamal being recent examples of teams that made a move to get a guy late that nobody was willing to do for Lock. Fans probably have this stuck in their head as so many thought we were taking Lock in the 1st and instead passed for Fant.

  23. #718
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    97,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangios Meatballs View Post
    Yep lol

    Teams can have more then 32 players on their draft board with a first round grade lol
    I doubt there’s many teams that grade more than 32 guys as first round picks each year.

    I mean, I’ll concede Denver may have possibly lucked into grabbing a guy 10 picks into the second round that they had a first round grade on, but the problem is they didn’t trade at 32 to get him, they traded at 42, which strongly suggests they believed he was a second round grade.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  24. #719
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    97,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    The same love who looks like trash in camp? Some teams do this some teams do that, There’s also a thing teams call playing the board and focusing on which teams are ahead of them that will threaten a guy falling to them which is what happened with Drew, there was absolutely teams that gave lock a first round grade, he didn’t go in the first doesn’t mean anything. Guys have been looked over and guys have been taken way ahead of where they supposedly shouldn’t have.

    It’s just the draft. You really need to watch George Paton and the broncos inside exclusive look into the draft and draft process and you’ll learn it isn’t as simple as well this guy had this round grade and didn’t go in that round so he must not have really had that grade by anybody….. do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

    The broncos gave javonte a first round grade and labeled him the best back in the draft but oh well he didn’t go in the first so nobody must have had a first round grade on him….

    Lots of guys with a first round grade by teams slip for numerous reasons.
    Moving to 35 suggests Denver did have a first round grade on Williams. Moving to 42 doesn’t really have that same feel, frankly. Ultimately, does it matter, not really. The Broncos tried all off-season to replace Lock. They’ve given him a chance to earn the job, but their offseason actions and their comments during the first week of camp indicate it’s an uphill battle for this kid.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  25. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  26. #720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Moving to 35 suggests Denver did have a first round grade on Williams. Moving to 42 doesn’t really have that same feel, frankly. Ultimately, does it matter, not really. The Broncos tried all off-season to replace Lock. They’ve given him a chance to earn the job, but their offseason actions and their comments during the first week of camp indicate it’s an uphill battle for this kid.
    Whatever you say sport!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group