Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Done deal....

Quarterback Blake Bortles is in Green Bay to sign with the Packers, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Wednesday.

They just needed a veteran body for OTA's and mini camps since it's unlikely Rodgers will show up. I wouldn't read too much into this.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I get that. Just putting together all the factors I see as a positive influence, and it might help if he has preferences...if GB cares at all. The more ducks you line up the better.
    As an organization...when your QB trashes senior leadership...requests the GM be fired...and publicly doubts the competency of the head coach...why should the organization "care" where they ship him off to if they end up trading him?

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I'm glad I'm not a total homer. Not that it's a bad thing. But it is.

Lock is undeserving of any contract extension. If he was going in to his fourth year right now and had three years of the kind of performance we've seen so far, his fifth year option (if he had one) would not be exercised. He's undeserving. Now, if he is the starter this season and leads the team to the playoffs while having a solid statistical year, then fine, but that's not the case right now.
    Not sure why you think I’m some irrational homer but oh well, and I’m literally saying unless we have something else we would have to give Lock an extension even if it’s just a year or two because we’d have nothing if we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    As an organization...when your QB trashes senior leadership...requests the GM be fired...and publicly doubts the competency of the head coach...why should the organization "care" where they ship him off to if they end up trading him?
    And if he comes to Denver and wants Paton Fangio shurmer fired after one year then what? I honestly feel like Rodgers should shut the hell up because he should have wanted out year’s ago but he didn’t say shit until he put up a MVP season knowing damn well it would make it hard for Green Bay to ship him out after that kind of season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Not sure why you think I’m some irrational homer but oh well.
    Lol

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Not sure why you think I’m some irrational homer but oh well, and I’m literally saying unless we have something else we would have to give Lock an extension even if it’s just a year or two because we’d have nothing if we don’t.
    You ARE an irrational homer. It's not a bad thing. Every team has them. You're emotionally attached to every Broncos player, and that's fine, but it clouds your ability to look at things with any objectivity. It's not a bad thing for you as a fan because you love your team and team's players. It's great, but precludes you from having actual football conversations with people without emotion or bias.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Maybe Drew Lock doesnt want an extension. Im sure he is hearing all the gossip and rumors about Denver being interested in Rodgers so maybe in his mind he doesnt want to extend and maybe go elsewhere. Even if he plays a full year this year and does well he may want to jump ship regardless.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

And if he comes to Denver and wants Paton Fangio shurmer fired after one year then what? I honestly feel like Rodgers should shut the hell up because he should have wanted out year’s ago but he didn’t say shit until he put up a MVP season knowing damn well it would make it hard for Green Bay to ship him out after that kind of season.
    What the hell does this have to do with the point of my comment? Context is your friend...use it

Adopted Bronco:

Why would he sign that if he could go anywhere and have a chance to earn a starting job?

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I am a homer through and through, but there is still a logical side to me that went, crap when I read this. If the right people talk to Aaron and makes him feel like he is the only one they ever wanted then they will keep him. There may be cooler heads that come up with the right formula to make him happy again.

Alfred Williams
    @BigAlRadio
    ·
    8h
    I’ve got good intel that the
    @packers
    are trying to negotiating a monster contract for
    @AaronRodgers12
    . My sources say that Jordan Love is not ready to play. That’s not good news for the
    @Broncos
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    If Lock is smart he’d spend the next 2-3 years soaking in the greatness of Rodgers, as long as it takes, just stick with it ... then step in to compete as the heir apparent. He’d be 26-27 when Rodgers hangs it up after 3-peating and he’d be fully developed and in total command of the system.

Depends on how he looks in what little reps he’d get, sure, it’s all theoretical but I believe my math is sound.

I mean, it’s not as romantic as toiling in QB purgatory for 5+ years after Rodgers retires but it beats the Garbage Minshew type fairytales.
    Exactly this is best case scenario for Drew and Denver

14. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Why would he sign that if he could go anywhere and have a chance to earn a starting job?
    Because he’d be guaranteed the starting job when Rodgers leaves and surrounded by a team he’s highly familiar with full of talent and ready to win rings. Locks not an idiot and he realizes that the broncos are only inquired about guys but clearly didn’t go all in on them. Lock also understand that Rodgers is a hall of famer and he could benefit from learning from that man for a couple years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

After Rodgers retires the team likely resets.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    After Rodgers retires the team likely resets.
    That’s highly unlikely, no way in hell does elite GM leading an great organization presses (reset) after we’ve missed he playoffs the last 6 year’s just because Rodgers came here for two year’s. What kind of sense would that make? The broncos must get competitive and be contenders from here on out. Elway knows this and that’s why he went and got a great GM to run this team not to have potential success for two years and then slump another 6. Not going to happen on patons watch. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    You ARE an irrational homer. It's not a bad thing. Every team has them. You're emotionally attached to every Broncos player, and that's fine, but it clouds your ability to look at things with any objectivity. It's not a bad thing for you as a fan because you love your team and team's players. It's great, but precludes you from having actual football conversations with people without emotion or bias.
    I hear you but I don’t agree. I’ve never considered myself a irrational homer.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information