Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    DJ had ONE GM tell him that he would stand pat and call Rodgers bluff and force him to retire...and so he's running with that theory. I guess it's an option to prove a point, but if every scenario ends with Rodgers not playing for your team...and one of them gets you a haul of draft picks and players...how to you justify not exploring the trade aspect.
    Even Mike Brown caved to Carson Palmer. And he's Mike Brown. The most stubborn and hateful man who has ever owned a NFL team. It would be malpractice to not trade him as opposed to getting nothing from retirement.

Do you think the dynamic of GB not having a true owner makes it easier for their GM/front office to tell A-Rod to retire/buzz off? That's the only wrinkle in it that could lead to him retiring a Packer. But I'm spitballing.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Even Mike Brown caved to Carson Palmer. And he's Mike Brown. The most stubborn and hateful man who has ever owned a NFL team. It would be malpractice to not trade him as opposed to getting nothing from retirement.

Do you think the dynamic of GB not having a true owner makes it easier for their GM/front office to tell A-Rod to retire/buzz off? That's the only wrinkle in it that could lead to him retiring a Packer. But I'm spitballing.
    For perspective...the owner of that team is also the people you have to satisfy with the on field product.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

DJ had ONE GM tell him that he would stand pat and call Rodgers bluff and force him to retire...and so he's running with that theory. I guess it's an option to prove a point, but if every scenario ends with Rodgers not playing for your team...and one of them gets you a haul of draft picks and players...how to you justify not exploring the trade aspect.
    I tend to agree with this, but I guess the counterargument is they don't want to set the precedent that the next disgruntled Packers player can bully his way out of town so easily, which is a fair stance.

But yeah, if you have a 37 year old QB with one foot in the door of Hollywood already and you can get a haul of first round picks for him (and you already have a QB you liked enough to pick in the first round ready to step in) it seems like a no brainer in that regard just to cash in on Rodgers and move on. But I do get the argument of not wanting to set the precedent for future players to force their way out. Especially in Green Bay which probably isn't the most desirable location for a multimillionaire 20 something to live in the first place.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers have the same agent, BTW. But it did take to Oct for Palmer to get out.

I understand not wanting to set a precedent, but then again how many players and can actually call the bluff and retire. The only other one I can think of was Jake that walked away and he didn't have all the resources that Rodgers has.
    Getting Stoked

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers have the same agent, BTW. But it did take to Oct for Palmer to get out.

I understand not wanting to set a precedent, but then again how many players and can actually call the bluff and retire. The only other one I can think of was Jake that walked away and he didn't have all the resources that Rodgers has.
    Palmer/his agent literally called Mike Brown's phone and gave him the business. Rodgers was a little more diplomatic. But ESPN did the heavylifting for that. Your point about the wait for Palmer is an excellent one. Palmer didn't get out precisely when he wanted. Then again, Rodgers has even more IDGAF than Palmer. And Palmer told ESPN something along the lines of "I got 40 million in the bank. I don't have to ever play again."

The Packers are getting dismantled right now in the media. Rodgers told them to get bent. It is what it is. They can get compensated or further emasculated.

8. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I tend to agree with this, but I guess the counterargument is they don't want to set the precedent that the next disgruntled Packers player can bully his way out of town so easily, which is a fair stance.

But yeah, if you have a 37 year old QB with one foot in the door of Hollywood already and you can get a haul of first round picks for him (and you already have a QB you liked enough to pick in the first round ready to step in) it seems like a no brainer in that regard just to cash in on Rodgers and move on. But I do get the argument of not wanting to set the precedent for future players to force their way out. Especially in Green Bay which probably isn't the most desirable location for a multimillionaire 20 something to live in the first place.
    Players typically win...one way or another. LeVeon Bell moved on...Randy Moss moved on...the list goes on. No, none of them have the resume Rodgers does, but I think that resume gives him more power as well.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Players typically win...one way or another. LeVeon Bell moved on...Randy Moss moved on...the list goes on. No, none of them have the resume Rodgers does, but I think that resume gives him more power as well.
    No doubt. And I suspect Rodgers will eventually win too. I can just see how Green Bay is in a more unique position of probably being one of if not the least desirable NFL city for a player to live in and they won't want to set a precedent of players being able to force their way out of there. They've always had a great QB for the last 30 years, so it's been easy for them to sign and keep guys. If they lose that, they could be in for some dark days for a long time.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No doubt. And I suspect Rodgers will eventually win too. I can just see how Green Bay is in a more unique position of probably being one of if not the least desirable NFL city for a player to live in and they won't want to set a precedent of players being able to force their way out of there. They've always had a great QB for the last 30 years, so it's been easy for them to sign and keep guys. If they lose that, they could be in for some dark days for a long time.
    I cannot see him backing down. Not after his previous comments were made.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Bell didn't exactly win either. After all, he wound up with the Jets.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It is kind of crazy that a place like Green Bay, with a pop of 104,777, gets a football team.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    It is kind of crazy that a place like Green Bay, with a pop of 104,777, gets a football team.
    In the early days of the NFL, when it was a much smaller and largely upper midwest operation, Green Bay's team was owned by a meat packing plant (thus, "The Packers"). At one point when the owner put the team up for sale, a large group of fans bought in together and owned shares. It's a publicly-owned company. The only way they'll ever move is if over 50% of the shareholders decide to move it out of the Green Bay area. Fat chance that ever happens. There would be bloodlettings. Fans in Baltimore, Cleveland, St. Louis, Oakland and Houston know the feeling of watching their teams uprooted and moved by some owner. They probably envy Packer fans with their knowledge that their favorite team is never going to leave.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    In the early days of the NFL, when it was a much smaller and largely upper midwest operation, Green Bay's team was owned by a meat packing plant (thus, "The Packers"). At one point when the owner put the team up for sale, a large group of fans bought in together and owned shares. It's a publicly-owned company. The only way they'll ever move is if over 50% of the shareholders decide to move it out of the Green Bay area. Fat chance that ever happens. There would be bloodlettings. Fans in Baltimore, Cleveland, St. Louis, Oakland and Houston know the feeling of watching their teams uprooted and moved by some owner. They probably envy Packer fans with their knowledge that their favorite team is never going to leave.
    Good lessen for for these young guns Hoof!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

They deserve it when the dude that has kept your franchise in the upper echelon since Favre left gets treated the way he has. This would be like Elway drafting Lock If manning was still here and playing at a MVP level and not telling him. Dude would have a right be be pissed its manning and Rodgers not matt Schaub or Flacco being done a bit dirty lol. Then when your 2nd best WR in camp gets cut your gonna feel a certain way about it.....I don't think Rodgers plays another snap for GB, this has been rumbling since early 2020 and Rodgers styled on the GM who he is calling Jerry Krause in leaked group chats by Rodgers. This thing is a wrap. Rodgers is done with that place.

Only question is when does it happen, who does he go to, and how much will it cost. If GB waits till October there leverage is f'ed and the cost is probably 2 1st rounders. They should be smart trade now and hope for a solid haul back. The GM is a idiot there to FWIW.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    They deserve it when the dude that has kept your franchise in the upper echelon since Favre left gets treated the way he has. This would be like Elway drafting Lock If manning was still here and playing at a MVP level and not telling him. Dude would have a right be be pissed its manning and Rodgers not matt Schaub or Flacco being done a bit dirty lol. Then when your 2nd best WR in camp gets cut your gonna feel a certain way about it.....I don't think Rodgers plays another snap for GB, this has been rumbling since early 2020 and Rodgers styled on the GM who he is calling Jerry Krause in leaked group chats by Rodgers. This thing is a wrap. Rodgers is done with that place.

Only question is when does it happen, who does he go to, and how much will it cost. If GB waits till October there leverage is f'ed and the cost is probably 2 1st rounders. They should be smart trade now and hope for a solid haul back. The GM is a idiot there to FWIW.....
    I think that's the big question. Broncos fans see the writing on the wall and assume that when he gets traded...it will be to Denver. But they forget that Rodgers doesn't have a NTC and Green Bay can trade him to whoever gives them the best offer. So, the best way to stick it to Rodgers isn't to call his bluff and make him retire...it's trade him to some place he'll hate and get back a haul.

Imagine this...GB trades him to Houston for trade picks and a devalued Deshaun Watson. If the Watson situation doesn't pan out...you still get draft capital. But if it does...you get another 15 years of elite QB play. Meanwhile, Davis Mills learns from Rodgers for a year or two and both teams (potentially) win...and Rodgers loses.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post

I think that's the big question. Broncos fans see the writing on the wall and assume that when he gets traded...it will be to Denver. But they forget that Rodgers doesn't have a NTC and Green Bay can trade him to whoever gives them the best offer. So, the best way to stick it to Rodgers isn't to call his bluff and make him retire...it's trade him to some place he'll hate and get back a haul.

Imagine this...GB trades him to Houston for trade picks and a devalued Deshaun Watson. If the Watson situation doesn't pan out...you still get draft capital. But if it does...you get another 15 years of elite QB play. Meanwhile, Davis Mills learns from Rodgers for a year or two and both teams (potentially) win...and Rodgers loses.
    His wife to be is a Boulder CO resident. Do not think she doesn't play any part in where he goes.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information