Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Green Bay did this to themselves. No one should feel sympathy for them. Their fans are fools: most of them are upset with A-Rod. Puhlease.
    I don’t feel sorry for them, they bungled this completely. As for the fans, fans are stupid.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Three future #1’s, Meinerz and Jamal Johnson.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/GB

Their interior line is horrendous.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don’t feel sorry for them, they bungled this completely. As for the fans, fans are stupid.
    Green Bay thinks that because the roster is overall solid that they did right by him. Their roster is okay. It's propped up by him. It seems that GB wants A-Rod to give them credit for his work. Drafting a WR in the second round is the weakest mea culpa ever.

This is literally Carson Palmer telling Mike Brown to suck it, except in Wisconsin.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Green Bay thinks that because the roster is overall solid that they did right by him. Their roster is okay. It's propped up by him. It seems that GB wants A-Rod to give them credit for his work. Drafting a WR in the second round is the weakest mea culpa ever.

This is literally Carson Palmer telling Mike Brown to suck it, except in Wisconsin.
    They didn’t draft a 1st round WR once in his tenure there, then he watched TB12 go to that stacked WR core in TB. They have Devonte Adams and that’s it, their TE’s are void at this point.

Their OL is iffy at best right now, the Buff injured late last season and Bobby Turner is adequate. They have one sure thing; Elgton Jenkins.

Denver is a far better situation than GB, who is a sub 8-8 team without him.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

They didn’t draft a 1st round WR once in his tenure there, then he watched TB12 go to that stacked WR core in TB. They have Devonte Adams and that’s it, their TE’s are void at this point.

Their OL is iffy at best right now, the Buff injured late last season and Bobby Turner is adequate. They have one sure thing; Elgton Jenkins.

Denver is a far better situation than GB, who is a sub 8-8 team without him.
    "We have rewarded your ability to carry us by allowing you to carry us. You are welcome."

Rodgers also looked at the weapons Brees, Big Ben, etc. had. I hate the mentality of Green Bay. Just happy to be relevant and win a flawed division. Revolting. Other elite QB's get high powered lasers and they handed him a shotgun.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

"We have rewarded your ability to carry us by allowing you to carry us. You are welcome."

Rodgers also looked at the weapons Brees, Big Ben, etc. had. I hate the mentality of Green Bay. Just happy to be relevant and win a flawed division. Revolting. Other elite QB's get high powered lasers and they handed him a shotgun.

WE HAVE SHARKS WITH FREAKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS!

We are the spot!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

God I wish he was a Steeler.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

God I wish he was a Steeler.
    Stealers are in a world of hurt right now, their QB situation could be worse than Broncos.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Stealers are in a world of hurt right now, their QB situation could be worse than Broncos.
    Given that Ben might not retire after this year, absolutely. We're ******. Stuck contending for an ancillary wildcard spot. It is what it is.

The watch has ended before it ever begun. I’m sure Rodgers would love to be here on a team as talented as ours, however he’s under contract with the packers and they have said they are NOT trading him. There unrealistic asking price they flung out there proves it. No way in hell anybody is trading 3 first round picks for a 37 year old quarterback. He’s damn good but get real.... that’s 3 shots at a guy who would be key players potentially for your organization for the 10-15 years. Paton I don’t believe would ever do that being he’s a build through the draft guy. Just doesn’t strike me as a guy whose going to have no 1st round pick 3 years in a row. I would trade a second and a 3rd or a 1st and a 4th for Rodgers. But since none of this is going to happen I’m closing the book. Got excited for no reason at all.
    Last edited by Jeudy10Hamler1; 05-02-2021 at 05:18 AM.

13. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    The watch has ended before it ever begun. I’m sure Rodgers would love to be here on a team as talented as ours, however he’s under contract with the packers and they have said they are NOT trading him. There unrealistic asking price they flung out there proves it. No way in hell anybody is trading 3 first round picks for a 37 year old quarterback. He’s damn good but get real.... that’s 3 shots at a guy who would be key players potentially for your organization for the 10-15 years. Paton I don’t believe would ever do that being he’s a build through the draft guy. Just doesn’t strike me as a guy whose going to have no 1st round pick 3 years in a row. I would trade a second and a 3rd or a 1st and a 4th for Rodgers. But since none of this is going to happen I’m closing the book. Got excited for no reason at all.
    Paton couldn't afford to do this in the first place. He should have drafted Fields.

Now, I know that Mike Evans of 104.3 The Fan in Denver didn't want a QB. And, I agree with his argument. There were a lot of QB's drafted in the past (A. Smith, JaBustus, The Three Stooges of 2011, E.J. Manuel, etc...) that were taken too high that teams put too much stake in. However. I think that Fields is better than those guys. You have a 15-year prospect staring you in the face, and you are going to pay that much for a 37-year old QB? I don't think Paton is going to be here for long unless he miraculously gets Rodgers or Watson in the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    Paton couldn't afford to do this in the first place. He should have drafted Fields.

Now, I know that Mike Evans of 104.3 The Fan in Denver didn't want a QB. And, I agree with his argument. There were a lot of QB's drafted in the past (A. Smith, JaBustus, The Three Stooges of 2011, E.J. Manuel, etc...) that were taken too high that teams put too much stake in. However. I think that Fields is better than those guys. You have a 15-year prospect staring you in the face, and you are going to pay that much for a 37-year old QB? I don't think Paton is going to be here for long unless he miraculously gets Rodgers or Watson in the next year.

I’m perfectly fine passing on Fields. Lance was the one to have outside of Lawrence and the BYU kid. Paton did the right thing. Fields wasn’t going to change anything for the broncos for atleast 3 year’s. If your willing to give fields 3 year’s then you must give Drew the same. Especially since Drew has actual talent this isn’t some 7th round dreamer....

Also your out of your mind if you honestly believe Paton ( won’t be here long) Paton is definitely going to be here for a long long time. The way he handles business from free agency to the draft is a breath of fresh air here. You just salty he passed on the 5th best QB for the number one defender in the draft.
    Last edited by Jeudy10Hamler1; 05-03-2021 at 06:18 PM.

16. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

There is a difference between, Rodgers, Watson and Manning.

Manning was old, but he didn't cost Denver any draft choices.

Watson would cost major draft choices but he's only 25 and could still be around 10 years later.

Rodgers is old (38 in December), and would cost huge draft capital.

I wouldn't have trouble trading for him but I can't accept losing three #1s for a guy already looking for retirement transition jobs. He could Andrew Luck his way out of town before the draft picks are all paid.

If it comes down to Broncos or Raiders, I'd say the Raiders ought to do it because the team needs to establish themselves in Vegas and that includes somebody to put on the marquee. Businesswise, three #1s for Rodgers can make more sense for them than for us. Plus, he gets coached by Gruden, an offensive guy, instead of Fangio, a defensive guy. Plus there's a poetic symmetry in closing your career in extreme heat after spending so much of it in extreme cold.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

18. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    I’m perfectly fine passing on Fields. Lance was the one to have outside of Lawrence and the BYU kid. Paton did the right thing. Fields wasn’t going to change anything for the broncos for atleast 3 year’s. If your willing to give fields 3 year’s then you must give Drew the same. Especially since Drew has actual talent this isn’t some 7th round dreamer....

Also your out of your mind if you honestly believe Paton ( won’t be here long) Paton is definitely going to be here for a long long time. The way he handles business from free agency to the draft is a breath of fresh air here. You LT just salty he passed on the 5th best QB for the number one defender in the draft.
    1 - That is an incredible presumption Fields can't change anything. He's far more polished out of college than Lock was. He also has an element to his game that translates well into the NFL, especially as a rookie: high end mobility. That trait probably does mean he changes at least something for the offense because he makes it more dynamic.

2- Just because one prospect gets three years doesn't mean the other one has to. That's some weird form of metaphysical fairness in a business that is patently unfair. If anything, you'd think Fields would get the three years over Lock given that he would have cost a first round.

3- If you're calling Fields a seventh rounder dreamer and implying he lacks talent, which is how that statement reads...then hell yeah man get your rocks off.

4 - A lot of people had Fields as the second or third best prospect going in the draft. But, if he was the fifth best prospect, in this class where would Lock fall? Is he closer to Fields, who had two bad games his entire career, or Ehlinger, Davis, Mond, etc.? Before you answer, remember Lock's struggles in college.

5 - Surtain wasn't widely considered to be the best defender in the draft. He was worthy of a top ten pick, but Horn went ahead of him and was arguably better, Parsons was definitely better, etc.

I don't know you very well, but it sounds like you are really in love with Lock as a player and might be biased a it. But I don't know.

1 - That is an incredible presumption Fields can't change anything. He's far more polished out of college than Lock was. He also has an element to his game that translates well into the NFL, especially as a rookie: high end mobility. That trait probably does mean he changes at least something for the offense because he makes it more dynamic.

2- Just because one prospect gets three years doesn't mean the other one has to. That's some weird form of metaphysical fairness in a business that is patently unfair. If anything, you'd think Fields would get the three years over Lock given that he would have cost a first round.

3- If you're calling Fields a seventh rounder dreamer and implying he lacks talent, which is how that statement reads...then hell yeah man get your rocks off.

4 - A lot of people had Fields as the second or third best prospect going in the draft. But, if he was the fifth best prospect, in this class where would Lock fall? Is he closer to Fields, who had two bad games his entire career, or Ehlinger, Davis, Mond, etc.? Before you answer, remember Lock's struggles in college.

5 - Surtain wasn't widely considered to be the best defender in the draft. He was worthy of a top ten pick, but Horn went ahead of him and was arguably better, Parsons was definitely better, etc.

I don't know you very well, but it sounds like you are really in love with Lock as a player and might be biased a it. But I don't know.
    First of all I never said fields was a 7th round dreamer prospect, you have to do better comprehending what was said.

2nd it doesn’t matter that Lock was a second round pick, he was drafted as a guy that needed development but possessed the natural god given ability to sling the rock, so yes he deserves the same amount of rope as Fields along with any other young talent. Drew didn’t fall flat on his face, nor did he looo like a total lost cause! His rookie year he sat due to injury and just learned the playbook before he got his shot and showed amazing potential! He then had to erase everything he learned to learn a new offense without an off season, and once again at the end of the year the last 5 games once he was comfortable he threw for 7tds and only 2ints which clearly showed improvement once he had learned the playbook! That should tell you that the kid just needed reps to get comfortable with the playbook. Drew lock showed tons of flashes of great potential and clearly Paton agrees along with the coaches that he’s worthy of having the starting job another year. You can’t just switch offenses on a guy year after year which is what Locks been dealt since college. The kid has had a different offense his entire college career and as a pro outside of this season.

Fields is NOT NFL starter guy right out of the gates and he’ll need a few years to get settled in. He deserves it like any other young guy as well. There’s absolutely no way Fields would come in and start and be effective right away! He’ll need the reps. So why even bother selecting fields when Drew is coming into year 2 in the offense; he’s admitted that he wasn’t able to focus on what defenses were doing pre snap because he had to focus on what he was doing on offense! He’s been working with Manning on pre snap reads which is what he needed to work on. Drew Lock is the real deal and his work ethic along with his elite arm talent will prevail and it’s going to be awesome

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information