Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think you guys completely missed my point. By quite a bit.

1. I never made the argument about taking a future QB who is a game changer vs a guard at all.
    2. I made the fact about what elway said and why. His words.
    3. If the Broncos wanted Lock and Risner and wanted to have to trade up to secure both and there is only 1 way to do it. That is what they did and why. That is strategy. That is knowing your opponent (in this case next team picking).

It had nothing to do with passing on a QB for a guard or anything else. It had everything to do with they want these two very specific player at these two very specific spots. Make a punnett square if you need to visualize it, but out of all the possibilities there was only 1 way to get both players.

In this case it was to take Risner to then deter the next team, to which allowing a trade up for lock. We know this is the case because that is Exactly what happened and Exactly how it happened.

Savvy?
    These guys make broad statements all the time. It’s not likely a guy like wave will ever really understand

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    These guys make broad statements all the time. It’s not likely a guy like wave will ever really understand
    Wave is a very intelligent human being and understands the game as well as any fan.

We're not doing this.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Wave is a very intelligent human being and understands the game as well as any fan.

We're not doing this.

Speaking of bad QB's, that dude is like the Paxton Lynch of this board.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Speaking of bad QB's, that dude is like the Paxton Lynch of this board.
    We drafted J-Ham number one?!?!?!?

Someone's getting fired!

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We're not doing this.
    I ain't worry about what that Lock fanboy troll got to say!

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

We're not doing this.
    If you say so.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Em, maybe. But the Cardinals didnt waste time taking another QB with the #1 pick when they just did that the year before.
    That's literally because Rosen busted bad They had no choice anyway.......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Its actually VERY uncommon for teams to draft a new QB one year after they just took one.
    It only happens when they flame out spectacularly like Rosen lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    It only happens when they flame out spectacularly like Rosen lol
    Sigh.

We have seen many, many QB's have brutal years like Rosen did. There was nothing especially 'flame out spectacularly" and if you want to argue that, keep in mind that a long time NFL starter failed there in that same season.

It wasn't even so much about Rosen was it was that Arizona went in a radically different direction; they wanted a new head coach and to play a more college style offense. So they got themselves a college coach and drafted a guy who could run that offense.

I already know what you're going to argue, so I'll just address it now: but he failed on other teams. Miami traded for him. The same franchise that drafted Tua and reportedly thought about cutting him after one season and yanked him in and out of the lineup. That franchise. Yep, that one.

The reality of the situation is that Rosen was asked to salvage a horrible franchise with an offense that never fit him. He was then traded to another franchise that likes to be 'creative' with how it handles QB's. So yeah, I would imagine that at this point the guy is shot. But it's not as if he was ever given much of a legitimate chance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

That's literally because Rosen busted bad They had no choice anyway.......
    This post reads "I didn't like this QB so I'll ignore all context."

You're not a bust after one season.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

They knew right away what they had, they did what Elway should have done after year one with Paxton ......Rosen was a petulant little child with bad practice habits and a ego that didn't match the work he wanted to put in, and very little ability to lead or be accountable for his own mistakes, understandable asa rookie to have some issues but his whole package was shit from day 1, and his NFL skillset wasn't able to bail him out. He had a NFL 1st rd skillset, so so college production, and few big moments. If your traded in year 1 because you are failing miserably your a bust for your draft pedigree

That's my context damnit lol

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Also Paxton was clearly a bust after one season, and talk even started about drew in year 1 being a bust after all the bad reports in TC and shit pre-season performances, Allen as well......the difference is Lock and Allen kept grinding, its worked for Allen and Lock for now but lock has to put results down now if he wants to stay around....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Sigh.

We have seen many, many QB's have brutal years like Rosen did. There was nothing especially 'flame out spectacularly" and if you want to argue that, keep in mind that a long time NFL starter failed there in that same season.

It wasn't even so much about Rosen was it was that Arizona went in a radically different direction; they wanted a new head coach and to play a more college style offense. So they got themselves a college coach and drafted a guy who could run that offense.

I already know what you're going to argue, so I'll just address it now: but he failed on other teams. Miami traded for him. The same franchise that drafted Tua and reportedly thought about cutting him after one season and yanked him in and out of the lineup. That franchise. Yep, that one.

The reality of the situation is that Rosen was asked to salvage a horrible franchise with an offense that never fit him. He was then traded to another franchise that likes to be 'creative' with how it handles QB's. So yeah, I would imagine that at this point the guy is shot. But it's not as if he was ever given much of a legitimate chance.

Fair, but odd Rosen gets excuses and lock doesn't get to use similar ones with offensive systems even though both have merit?

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

They knew right away what they had, they did what Elway should have done after year one with Paxton ......Rosen was a petulant little child with bad practice habits and a ego that didn't match the work he wanted to put in, and very little ability to lead or be accountable for his own mistakes, understandable asa rookie to have some issues but his whole package was shit from day 1, and his NFL skillset wasn't able to bail him out. He had a NFL 1st rd skillset, so so college production, and few big moments. If your traded in year 1 because you are failing miserably your a bust for your draft pedigree

That's my context damnit lol
    Let's unpack this. You claim that they knew instantly. That's a great claim, where's your source? That almost immediately they knew they got it wrong.

And then you showed your bias. This is how your argument actually works: "I really disliked this guy so I'll contort what happened with what I want it to be."

The Cardinals own GM came out and said that they took Murray because they believed he was generational. Not because of Rosen. This was after Rosen was traded. This is also something that the GM even said was unconventional. Do you see the difference? How that is literally not the same thing as what you described?

20. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Fair, but odd Rosen gets excuses and lock doesn't get to use similar ones with offensive systems even though both have merit?
    You're trying to compare a guy competing for a job in year three when a lot of people think he showed he's not the guy versus something that happened for the first time in NFL history.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information