Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aaron Rodgers Watch

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Not a husband, or a father, or an uncle, or a senior citizen?? Nothing?

Poor guy.

Remains to be seen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think you need to accept the fact that Lock has already been replaced, that a scrub game-manager is exactly what Shurmur and Paton want and Lock is dead man walking.

Look on the bright side; you’re better at judging QB talent than a so-called expert GM or OC.
    I can only imagine this is a troll post because I know you aren't unaware of the fact that Paton has legitimately tried to trade for every good QB that's potentially been available this offseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I can only imagine this is a troll post because I know you aren't unaware of the fact that Paton has legitimately tried to trade for every good QB that's potentially been available this offseason.
    He missed one.

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He didn’t “legitimately” try shit.

He traded for Bridgewater though.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Old teddy bridgewater about to come into Denver and and do what exactly? I like teddy but something has to go seriously wrong with Lock for bridgewater to be starting. I don’t see that happening but if teddy ends up the starter then he’s either going to do something he’d never done in 9 years which is be good to great, or be himself which is average mediocre 15tds-9ints on our way to another top ten pick where we absolutely will take a quarterback this time. Let’s not act like teddy is some safe quarter back when every time he’s started he’s thrown 10 plus ints and never more than 15tds. He’s going to transform himself in year 10 to a guy that can lead an offense to score points? Not!

Like I said something has to go terrible like lock flames out for teddy to play. Because what teddy brings to the QB room is a good guy veteran, he doesn’t bring much of anything to the actual field when it comes to winning on offense.
    You’re not listening.

Go look at the QB’s in Paton and Shurmur’s past, they don’t do prospects ... they do Case Keesum and Kirk Cousins. Bridgewater brings exactly that.

We all know Paton’s history in Minnesota (drafted Bridgewater and gave $100M guaranteed to Cousins) but look at Shurmur; coaching Keesum (scrub) gets him a HC job and then coaching Danny Dimes (prospect) gets him fired.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 05-31-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He didn’t “legitimately” try shit.

He traded for Bridgewater though.
    Trading for a good QB is hard. Teams don't just give them away. This isn't Madden. And it's still May. Our starting QB could very well not be on the roster yet. Maybe Watson gets cleared. Maybe Green Bay caves. In any case, you're being a drama queen over this. If getting a QB was easy, every team would have a good one. It's the hardest thing to get in sports.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trading for a good QB is hard. Teams don't just give them away. This isn't Madden. And it's still May. Our starting QB could very well not be on the roster yet. Maybe Watson gets cleared. Maybe Green Bay caves. In any case, you're being a drama queen over this. If getting a QB was easy, every team would have a good one. It's the hardest thing to get in sports.
    Thanks for the TED Talk.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Thanks for the TED Talk.
    Any time!

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...-would-it-take

Two 1sts, a 2nd and additional player/draft compensation to start with.

The Packers do not need Chubb, they’re going to have to figure something else out. They don’t seem to value WR’s either, plus you don’t want to trade the assets AR covets anyway.

If Paton doesn’t find a QB all those “darts” won’t matter much.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Jaded has a Fieldboner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

You’re not listening.

Go look at the QB’s in Paton and Shurmur’s past, they don’t do prospects ... they do Case Keesum and Kirk Cousins. Bridgewater brings exactly that.

We all know Paton’s history in Minnesota (drafted Bridgewater and gave $100M guaranteed to Cousins) but look at Shurmur; coaching Keesum (scrub) gets him a HC job and then coaching Danny Dimes (prospect) gets him fired.
    Paton didn’t draft bridgewater, however drafting bridgewater out of college hoping he could be a good quarterback is way different than teddy in year 10 of either injured or being poor to mediocre at his peak. Paton didn’t even want teddy if he had to pay what teddy was making before it was worked out that Carolina pays the bulk of it.

He doesn’t seem interested in spending big on teddy because he knows teddy is mediocre but a good guy who does it the right way in practice and can be a veteran presence for lock and be a guy who can come in and play if lock is hurt or flames out for literally one year.

Paton wasn’t the actual GM in Minnesota either.

Shurmer on the other hand I have no idea why he was initially brung here, I would have rathered Lock and Scangs grew together another year. Shurmer has yet to show that he can mold his system around a young quarterback or his offense flat out stinks! After all he’s only coached a top 5 offense twice in the last 13 year’s.

The Packers do not need Chubb, they’re going to have to figure something else out. They don’t seem to value WR’s either, plus you don’t want to trade the assets AR covets anyway.

Damn the struggle is real.....

I’d rather Paton keep those darts and just drafts his own QB if lock doesn’t work out, he’s pretty good at throwing the darts imo, broncos had a great draft, even Elway has been drafting great before he left. One thing for sure is the broncos have some great home growing talent, it would be great for lock to be part of it all but if he can’t do it the broncos have to go to the draft next year and start developing another guy before tossing him out after 18 game’s.

18. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If he whiffs on all the available QBs, Lock sucks, and Fields looks great in Chicago, then yes we can get mad at Payton. I'm not gonna get pre-med in June when none of this has happened yet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If he whiffs on all the available QBs, Lock sucks, and Fields looks great in Chicago, then yes we can get mad at Payton. I'm not gonna get pre-med in June when none of this has happened yet.
    ...and yet we are supposed to believe that Paton is confident in Lock, when he sought out every Other Option?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    ...and yet we are supposed to believe that Paton is confident in Lock, when he sought out every Other Option?
    One of the first things he said is the Broncos will be involved in every discussion to the extent it makes sense for the team.

He's sought out every option thus far, as he said he would, and Drew is still the #1 qb at this time.

Why?

Because Drew made more sense for the organization vs any other qb at their deal price for the team.

If he had zero confidence in Lock another #1 QB would already be here and Drew wouldn't be.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information