Poll: What position broncos picking in the first round

Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1404

Thread: 2021 Broncos Draft Thread: 04/29/21-05/01/21

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I can't believe Kylin Hill fell to the 7th round. What a steal for the Packers. Wish we'd have gotten him.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

This looks like the most complete (unofficial) list of our UDFA's

• Air Force Guard, Nolan Laufenberg (Source)
    • Colorado State Fullback, Adam Prentice (Source)
    • Illinois State Offensive Tackle, Drew Himmelman (Source)
    • Temple Wide Receiver, Branden Mack (Source)
    • Iowa Tight End, Shaun Beyer (Source)
    • Stanford Linebacker, Curtis Robinson (Source)
    • North Carolina A&T Cornerback, Mac McCain III (Source)
    • Vanderbilt Edge Rusher, Andre Mintz (Source)
    • Colorado State Wide Receiver, Warren Jackson (Source)
    • Jacksonville State Tight End, Landon Rice (Source) Edit: The Broncos reportedly did not agree to terms with Landon Rice and decided to go in another direction(Source)
    • South Florida Wide Receiver, Devontae Dukes (Source)
    Last edited by Spiritguy; 05-03-2021 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added edit for Rice
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Now that I’ve had some time to sit on it, here is my analysis that no one asked for (fully knowing there are a couple people on here that get super triggered if anyone says anything negative.)

1. Surtain. Grade: B. Grade has nothing to do with the player, only the fact that Fields and Parsons were still on the board. I think he’ll see the field a lot this year, but this pick is for 2022, not 2021.

2. Williams. Grade: B. You all know I think he is overrated. He’ll still end up being our number two back and will contribute. Good pass protector and can catch.

3. Meinerz. Grade A-. Mostly because of his attitude and workout videos. D3 football competition is, well, awful. Not many D3 guys make it (when was the last one? The TE the Chiefs took in ‘07? Senior Bowl gives me hope. He’ll provide good depth, maybe start over Cush, but at least it’s depth in a place we were thin.

4. Browning. Grade A. For a fourth round pick, I like this player a lot. I don’t think he’ll ever pan out at Inside Linebacker. He struggled diagnosing plays and couldn’t process quickly enough. On the edge, he was much better. He gives us good depth on the edge.

5. Sterns. Grade: C. Athlete pick, and can’t tackle. Showed promise as a freshman and regressed. Better options at S on the board.

6. Johnson. Grade: A+. See above—this was the better option. Most had a 3rd round grade on him. For a fifth round pick, this kid could end up being special.

7th round picks I won’t grade because I just have no idea.

Overall draft grade: B-. The entire draft was for depth on a team that just isn’t very good. We didn’t upgrade any position, but we still did something important...build a football team that can sustain injuries, and be good in the next few years. That said, we had three weaknesses coming into the draft that needed to be addressed: QB, T, ILB. For some reason, we didn’t choose to address those. Pretty underwhelming draft for me. I’m not mad by any means...I see the logic. But Drew better show out this year, because next year’s QB class is really underwhelming (or we put together 3 firsts, Chubb, Patrick, and Surtain for either Rodgers or Watson...because a haul like that is going to be the cost)
    Last edited by kenoy28; 05-02-2021 at 01:39 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Now that I’ve had some time to sit on it, here is my analysis that no one asked for (fully knowing there are a couple people on here that get super triggered if anyone says anything negative.)

1. Parsons. Grade: B. Grade has nothing to do with the player, only the fact that Fields and Parsons were still on the board. I think he’ll see the field a lot this year, but this pick is for 2022, not 2021.

2. Williams. Grade: B. You all know I think he is overrated. He’ll still end up being our number two back and will contribute. Good pass protector and can catch.

3. Meinerz. Grade A-. Mostly because of his attitude and workout videos. D3 football competition is, well, awful. Not many D3 guys make it (when was the last one? The TE the Chiefs took in ‘07? Senior Bowl gives me hope. He’ll provide good depth, maybe start over Cush, but at least it’s depth in a place we were thin.

4. Browning. Grade A. For a fourth round pick, I like this player a lot. I don’t think he’ll ever pan out at Inside Linebacker. He struggled diagnosing plays and couldn’t process quickly enough. On the edge, he was much better. He gives us good depth on the edge.

5. Sterns. Grade: C. Athlete pick, and can’t tackle. Showed promise as a freshman and regressed. Better options at S on the board.

6. Johnson. Grade: A+. See above—this was the better option. Most had a 3rd round grade on him. For a fifth round pick, this kid could end up being special.

7th round picks I won’t grade because I just have no idea.

Overall draft grade: B-. The entire draft was for depth on a team that just isn’t very good. We didn’t upgrade any position, but we still did something important...build a football team that can sustain injuries, and be good in the next few years. That said, we had three weaknesses coming into the draft that needed to be addressed: QB, T, ILB. For some reason, we didn’t choose to address those. Pretty underwhelming draft for me. I’m not mad by any means...I see the logic. But Drew better show out this year, because next year’s QB class is really underwhelming (or we put together 3 firsts, Chubb, Patrick, and Surtain for either Rodgers or Watson...because a haul like that is going to be the cost)
    You mean Surtain? If they drafted Parsons and Parsons was still on the board that would be incredible.

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You mean Surtain? If they drafted Parsons and Parsons was still on the board that would be incredible.
    Sorry, yes, Surtain! Brain fart--I was thinking about how I wished it was Parsons, lol

9. The Following User High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I think Kary Vincent might be my new adopt a Bronco. This dude looks like he can ball. I hope he brings this type of intensity and play to the NFL. He might need to covert to wideout. He has better hands than Jeudy.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

LMAO!

Dude didnt even get our first pick correct. Oh shit, you just cant make this shit up.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    LMAO!

Dude didnt even get our first pick correct. Oh shit, you just cant make this shit up.
    Parsons is so dope he's like "Nah, draft me again mother ******s. Two games. Two Parsons."

15. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I think Kary Vincent might be my new adopt a Bronco. This dude looks like he can ball. I hope he brings this type of intensity and play to the NFL. He might need to covert to wideout. He has better hands than Jeudy.

He haas legitimate issues with willingness to tackle but he turns the ball over, I really like him as Slot CB.

He’s a legitimate Top 50 prospect, imo.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 05-02-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    He haas legitimate issues with willingness to tackle but he turns the ball over, I really like him as Slot CB.
    The greatest cover corner of all-time was Neon Deion. Tackling as a cornerback is overrated.

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The greatest cover corner of all-time was Neon Deion. Tackling as a cornerback is overrated.
    I don’t have a problem with his tackling but it’s a dealbreaker for Fangio.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don’t have a problem with his tackling but it’s a dealbreaker for Fangio.
    This is why Fangio has no rings.

Cornerbacks should tackle in big moments/in the playoffs. Otherwise you end up like the Vikings paying someone like Winfield a bunch of money to get son'd in coverage and smack RB's around.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post
    This looks like the most complete (unofficial) list of our UDFA's

• Air Force Guard, Nolan Laufenberg (Source)
    • Colorado State Fullback, Adam Prentice (Source)
    • Illinois State Offensive Tackle, Drew Himmelman (Source)
    • Temple Wide Receiver, Branden Mack (Source)
    • Iowa Tight End, Shaun Beyer (Source)
    • Stanford Linebacker, Curtis Robinson (Source)
    • North Carolina A&T Cornerback, Mac McCain III (Source)
    • Vanderbilt Edge Rusher, Andre Mintz (Source)
    • Colorado State Wide Receiver, Warren Jackson (Source)
    • Jacksonville State Tight End, Landon Rice (Source)
    • South Florida Wide Receiver, Devontae Dukes (Source)
    Interesting! Just saw an interview with Coach Vic and he indicated they were in the process of signing 15-18 free agents. The list above is only 11. Wonder who else they have in mind. He was also asked if he saw any of our draftees as "sleeper" types that the average fan wouldn't know about. His response was, the statement above about the 15-18 and said wait until that's done then I'll tell ya, with a big smile on his face.

Curious who he was thinking/talking about.
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

24. The Following User High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

This is why Fangio has no rings.

Cornerbacks should tackle in big moments/in the playoffs. Otherwise you end up like the Vikings paying someone like Winfield a bunch of money to get son'd in coverage and smack RB's around.
    Ummm Fangio signed off on drafting this kid so how’s it a deal breaker? And what’s the point of attacking coach when coach drafted him lol, tackling isn’t a issue for him anyway he’s a willing tackler, his only issue is going for the stick instead of solid wrap up tackles sometimes. You can clearly see sit in his highlight packages that he’ll tackle and lay the boom, but his most important skill is those ball skills and that speed of his.

Again Fangio and company drafted him!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Ummm Fangio signed off on drafting this kid so how’s it a deal breaker? And what’s the point of attacking coach when coach drafted him lol, tackling isn’t a issue for him anyway he’s a willing tackler, his only issue is going for the stick instead of solid wrap up tackles sometimes. You can clearly see sit in his highlight packages that he’ll tackle and lay the boom, but his most important skill is those ball skills and that speed of his.

Again Fangio and company drafted him!
    The point was that if Fangio wants to be a truly orthodox coach of 'all my defenders must be complete players' he's going to miss out on roster moves that would make a team better.

I wasn't saying Surtain couldn't tackle. I think if you read the conversation between Jaded and I you'll see where we were going.

27. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information