Round 1: No. 9
    Round 2: No. 40
    Round 3: No. 71
    Round 4: No. 114
    Round 5: No. 152
    Round 6: No. 191
    Round 7: No. 237
    Round 7: No. 239 (from NYG)

I hope they draft anyone other a player from Ohio State in the 1st round.
    Go Broncos!

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I see us taking Horn at 9 or trading back.

I think the first 4 picks are all QB's not named Mac Jones, Cincy takes Chase, Miami Takes Waddle, Detroit takes Pitts, Carolina takes Sewell, We take Horn or trade back a bit for a extra 2nd or 3rd so we can trade back into rd 1 or up in rd 2.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Sewell or bust baby! (If he falls to 9).

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Horn, Parsons, a stud OT or the right QB to fall. Won't be shocked if we trade up to 7 either. Detroit could use the picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Git r Done John.

Micah Parsons no matter what- Sonny Weaver Jr.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Git r Done John.

Micah Parsons no matter what- Sonny Weaver Jr.

There IS an Ohio State Linebacker that could be awesome for us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

LB, I would love to get Parsons.

I'd be happy with Horn if we went that selection. Solid, physical, loves to compete, man-on-man cover corner. You can never have enough of those guys. He'll have to clean up the jersey grabbing though. I was surprised he didn't have more PIs called on him this last season than he did.

12. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'd be happy with Fields if we could turn around and trade Lock for a 3rd...
    I'd be happy with Horn or Surtain...
    I'd be happy with Parsons...
    I'd be happy trading back a little...

Whatever we do, I'm good as long as we walk away with one (or even two of) of Parsons, Davis or Cox. Fix the biggest hole on the team (outside of QB) and get depth for the rest.

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    There IS an Ohio State Linebacker that could be awesome for us.
    Browning? Saw a recent interview with him where they asked him about where he would like to land, what kind of system, how his skillset translated, etc. and his response was somewhere that he could play off the edge and rush the passer. Sounds like his preference is in a 4-3 system.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've been saying since Paton gave his introductory press conference that I don't think he believes in Lock, and I feel like most of his actions since have supported that theory. If we draft a QB tonight I'll have been proven 100% correct on this take and will expect an apology from everyone who has doubted me. And if we don't, I'll pretend this post never happened.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I've been saying since Paton gave his introductory press conference that I don't think he believes in Lock, and I feel like most of his actions since have supported that theory. If we draft a QB tonight I'll have been proven 100% correct on this take and will expect an apology from everyone who has doubted me. And if we don't, I'll pretend this post never happened.

I don't think it's any secret that a new GM wants to start off with his own QB...especially considering the failures of the GM before him at the position. Just comes down to how much Paton believes or doesn't believe in the tape on Lock (with a bit of input from Shurmur, Shula and Fangio)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I don't think it's any secret that a new GM wants to start off with his own QB...especially considering the failures of the GM before him at the position. Just comes down to how much Paton believes or doesn't believe in the tape on Lock (with a bit of input from Shurmur, Shula and Fangio)
    Makes sense. The boss wants it his way, kind of like Shurmur with Lock and Fangio with Scangarello. Raises a question: is Paton ready--this early--to pull the trigger on a QB?

It makes me wonder...does the Covid-warped 2020 college season affect the quality of that decision? As a new GM, do his resources in terms of scouting and draftee research give him the right/enough info to make a franchise-sized decision this early in his tenure?

It makes more sense to me that he settles in and forms a crystalline picture of the personnel and staff before he commits that much to a vision (which is essentially what drafting a QB that early is--a massive shift in franchise culture). If he has a guy that they like who falls and it's a massive unexpected blessing, then sure...I get it. But does Paton even believe in Shurmur, etc.?

I don't have a point, I know, just riffing on your observation.

It's hard for me to understand walking away from Lock just yet, but I can understand how Paton/Fangio/Elway/Shurmur might be ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Makes sense. The boss wants it his way, kind of like Shurmur with Lock and Fangio with Scangarello. Raises a question: is Paton ready--this early--to pull the trigger on a QB?

It makes me wonder...does the Covid-warped 2020 college season affect the quality of that decision? As a new GM, do his resources in terms of scouting and draftee research give him the right/enough info to make a franchise-sized decision this early in his tenure?

It makes more sense to me that he settles in and forms a crystalline picture of the personnel and staff before he commits that much to a vision (which is essentially what drafting a QB that early is--a massive shift in franchise culture). If he has a guy that they like who falls and it's a massive unexpected blessing, then sure...I get it. But does Paton even believe in Shurmur, etc.?

I don't have a point, I know, just riffing on your observation.

It's hard for me to understand walking away from Lock just yet, but I can understand how Paton/Fangio/Elway/Shurmur might be ready for it.

Lot's of great questions and yeah...I think it has to be a guy they wanted that falls in order for them to pull the trigger.

21. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Lot's of great questions and yeah...I think it has to be a guy they wanted that falls in order for them to pull the trigger.
    Got me thinking--what's the history of 1st year GM QB draft picks. Ima check
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information