Poll: What position broncos picking in the first round

Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1404

Thread: 2021 Broncos Draft Thread: 04/29/21-05/01/21

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    The only problem is I might not live that long!
    Why? You’re not old by today’s standards.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I live to sass you.
    “Dear Diary, it was about then that I understood why Shazam! doesn’t like Wave”.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that's probably it. . .

BTW, i have some bad news for you about javonte williams. . .
    :plugs ears: I’m not listening to Dogathon
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    :plugs ears: I’m not listening to Dogathon
    is high school valedictorian worse than team captain, or not?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    is high school valedictorian worse than team captain, or not?
    Yes

#DeadToMe
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yes

#DeadToMe
    I taught you how to hashtage years ago.

I'm so ******* proud of you.

Back on topic:

Denver gets an A for the players taken in a vacuum.

But they get a C given that they clearly don't believe in the two QB's on the roster and still didn't take fields.

that C goes to an A+++ if they nab Rodgers.

These are just my opinions. Don't hate me y'all.

11. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I taught you how to hashtage years ago.

I'm so ******* proud of you.

Back on topic:

Denver gets an A for the players taken in a vacuum.

But they get a C given that they clearly don't believe in the two QB's on the roster and still didn't take fields.

that C goes to an A+++ if they nab Rodgers.

These are just my opinions. Don't hate me y'all.

This is my problem with that line and all the idiots that wont shut up about not drafting a QB.....Somehow all of these people......and forget all of the covid, new OC each year, rookies, etc.....forget all of that. I am not even mentioning that right now. Somehow all of these people seem to think that Drew Lock is incapable of getting better. He is completely unable to learn and improve. He is the only person on this planet that is not able to learn and get better.

Practice makes perfect and training do not apply to him.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    This is my problem with that line and all the idiots that wont shut up about not drafting a QB.....Somehow all of these people......and forget all of the covid, new OC each year, rookies, etc.....forget all of that. I am not even mentioning that right now. Somehow all of these people seem to think that Drew Lock is incapable of getting better. He is completely unable to learn and improve. He is the only person on this planet that is not able to learn and get better.

I don't think anyone believes that Lock can't improve. I believe we all think he'll make steps forward this year. The question isn't whether he'll improve, it's whether he can improve to the point of making us competitive enough for a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    I don't think anyone believes that Lock can't improve. I believe we all think he'll make steps forward this year. The question isn't whether he'll improve, it's whether he can improve to the point of making us competitive enough for a Super Bowl.
    For a SB. Probably not.

But I keep seeing people say " we are 5-12 this year for sure!"..."We are only going to score 15 pts a game"......"Stuck in mediocrity for years"......... and so on and so forth.

----
    I want lock to succeed and I think he will, but I would give up quite a bit for Rodgers or Watson. I want us to win again. I want another SB. Those 2 QBs can bring us that quicker than Lock.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Well, you can call people idiots if you want. But there's a strong argument that Fields day one on the field is as good as Lock is now. And you can point to covid, and you can point to new coaches and all of that. I also point to how badly the IR situation was managed when Lock was a rookie: he missed more time than he should have because Den was so convinced Flacco was the guy. It somehow made more sense to hope that Callahan would come back from injury then it was to have a contingency plan for Flacco bombing/starting Lock on his trajectory. It was negligent then.

But...and I hate to say it because I believed in him...he's been awful. And inconsistent. And the rest of the league played in those same situations, too.

17. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

For a SB. Probably not.

But I keep seeing people say " we are 5-12 this year for sure!"..."We are only going to score 15 pts a game"......"Stuck in mediocrity for years"......... and so on and so forth.

----
    I want lock to succeed and I think he will, but I would give up quite a bit for Rodgers or Watson. I want us to win again. I want another SB. Those 2 QBs can bring us that quicker than Lock.
    Listen, I'm with ya. I've felt, and maybe said those things on this board myself, but it's really because we are so sick of what we've seen from this franchise in the last few years. The expectation when I joined Broncos messaging boards 15 years ago was Super Bowl contention or anger. Now, it feels like a .500 record is acceptable. To me, 5-12 and scoring 15 points a game is the exact same thing as a wild card spot and no shot at the Super Bowl. I get it, the messaging is exaggerated. But it's out of frustration. For me, if we aren't competing for a Super Bowl, changes need to be made.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Well, you can call people idiots if you want. But there's a strong argument that Fields day one on the field is as good as Lock is now. And you can point to covid, and you can point to new coaches and all of that. I also point to how badly the IR situation was managed when Lock was a rookie: he missed more time than he should have because Den was so convinced Flacco was the guy. It somehow made more sense to hope that Callahan would come back from injury then it was to have a contingency plan for Flacco bombing/starting Lock on his trajectory. It was negligent then.

But...and I hate to say it because I believed in him...he's been awful. And inconsistent. And the rest of the league played in those same situations, too.
    And I say to that... not with Pat Shurmur as the OC. The only way Fields is successful right away is if the team he’s playing for decides to use his college playbook. Shurmur will expect him to learn his. We’ll see how Nagy does with Fields this year. I’m pretty confident that Fields will look more like Trubisky than Deshaun Watson this year. We’ll see.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    And I say to that... not with Pat Shurmur as the OC. The only way Fields is successful right away is if the team he’s playing for decides to use his college playbook. Shurmur will expect him to learn his. We’ll see how Nagy does with Fields this year. I’m pretty confident that Fields will look more like Trubisky than Deshaun Watson this year. We’ll see.
    I'm not sure anyone actually knows whether he'll be successful in the beginning or not. Every year is a gamble at this position.

But to your point--where have we seen scheme and coaching be the thing that makes a QB in the NFL successful? After a few years, it seems like--based on what we've seen--we know whether a QB is good regardless of the scheme or team they are on. Where have we seen QB's do awful in one place, and then thrive in another?

21. The Following User High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I don't think enough is said about the fact that George is an objective eye in this situation and yet he chose to stand pat. He evaluated all the quarterbacks in this draft and the quarterbacks on this team and decided that Fields did not give us a better chance to win. Maybe he missed. But there is also something to be said for the fact that coming in with no obligation or commitment to Drew he chose not to get off him in the Stafford deal and not to get him off of him in other trade proposals.

23. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I don't think enough is said about the fact that George is an objective eye in this situation and yet he chose to stand pat. He evaluated all the quarterbacks in this draft and the quarterbacks on this team and decided that Fields did not give us a better chance to win. Maybe he missed. But there is also something to be said for the fact that coming in with no obligation or commitment to Drew he chose not to get off him in the Stafford deal and not to get him off of him in other trade proposals.
    My slightly different spin on this is that he doesn't have much incentive to take the 4th QB off the board with a Top 10 pick in the first year of a six year contract. It is always going to be a gamble, and there's way more downside than upside in that scenario.

Paton's decision probably had as much to do with the structural variables at play as it did with his evaluation of Lock. Plus conventional wisdom says give your QB a third year, so even if Lock falls flat, there's not much penalty to Paton for that.

25. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information