Poll: What position broncos picking in the first round

Page 87 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1404

Thread: 2021 Broncos Draft Thread: 04/29/21-05/01/21

Wonder if this is the guy that coach was referencing a few posts up?

Mike Klis of 9News revealed that the Broncos have signed Mintz to a contract worth $85,000, much more than is typically given to an undrafted player, so it seems the team has plans for him in some capacity.
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

https://twitter.com/THE_CONDA25/stat...329874433?s=19

The broncos feel really good about this guy as their back up tackle. I have to say if you are heart set on drafting the guy that slid at quarterback then I understand it. But we got a very solid corner who was number one on most boards. We got a running back who just destroys people. A very good offensive lineman. Two safeties with ball skills.sterns is an even better athlete than Justin Simmons which is saying a lot. And baron Browning is a guy that friends of mine who actually scout have said was the best off ball linebacker in this draft. His RAS numbers are actually better than Micah parsons. I think he tested fifth out of everyone athletically who's entered the draft since like 1987 or something ridiculous like that.

The thing is people are talking about already having signed guys in the offseason. Fuller if he plays the way we think he will will demand top five cornerback money and he's only here on a one-year deal. Callahan is on the last year of his deal. It's one of the reasons I've been reluctant to trade assets especially for a draft pick because we've got big time contributors coming up in the next 2 years

3. The Following 9 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Ummm Fangio signed off on drafting this kid so how’s it a deal breaker? And what’s the point of attacking coach when coach drafted him lol, tackling isn’t a issue for him anyway he’s a willing tackler, his only issue is going for the stick instead of solid wrap up tackles sometimes. You can clearly see sit in his highlight packages that he’ll tackle and lay the boom, but his most important skill is those ball skills and that speed of his.

Again Fangio and company drafted him!
    Don’t YouTube scout and then piss down our backs, we all get our reports from the same people/sources ... you’re in the minority if you think Vincent is a thumper. He might stick a WR every once in a while but asking him to be a force in the run game is where he doesn’t fit the Fangio mold.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Don’t YouTube scout and then piss down our backs, we all get our reports from the same people/sources ... you’re in the minority if you think Vincent is a thumper. He might stick a WR every once in a while but asking him to be a force in the run game is where he doesn’t fit the Fangio mold.
    Who the hell said he was a thumper? He’s a got damn corner back! Nobody is expecting there corner back to be a (thumper) or some raging force in the run game! The fact of the matter is he is a willing tackler for a CB and that’s all that matters aight?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    https://twitter.com/THE_CONDA25/stat...329874433?s=19

The broncos feel really good about this guy as their back up tackle. I have to say if you are heart set on drafting the guy that slid at quarterback then I understand it. But we got a very solid corner who was number one on most boards. We got a running back who just destroys people. A very good offensive lineman. Two safeties with ball skills.sterns is an even better athlete than Justin Simmons which is saying a lot. And baron Browning is a guy that friends of mine who actually scout have said was the best off ball linebacker in this draft. His RAS numbers are actually better than Micah parsons. I think he tested fifth out of everyone athletically who's entered the draft since like 1987 or something ridiculous like that.

The thing is people are talking about already having signed guys in the offseason. Fuller if he plays the way we think he will will demand top five cornerback money and he's only here on a one-year deal. Callahan is on the last year of his deal. It's one of the reasons I've been reluctant to trade assets especially for a draft pick because we've got big time contributors coming up in the next 2 years
    That's legit and I mean if he can do that consistently against actual starting Pass rushers in the NFL then great. There is a reason he was a unknown until this you tube clip though lol.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritguy View Post
    Interesting! Just saw an interview with Coach Vic and he indicated they were in the process of signing 15-18 free agents. The list above is only 11. Wonder who else they have in mind. He was also asked if he saw any of our draftees as "sleeper" types that the average fan wouldn't know about. His response was, the statement above about the 15-18 and said wait until that's done then I'll tell ya, with a big smile on his face.

Curious who he was thinking/talking about.
    Gotta be honest...when looking at this list, i see depth and special teams. Which is NOT a bad thing. Putting a focus on being better in all 3 phases of the game is important and certainly something we have lacked. So, from the perspective of improving special teams...this is a good group. Just not all that sure I see a "surprise" starter in the group.

9. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Fun article:

It was time to live in the here and now. There was a flurry of activity as the team's 10-minute window opened, with Fields still on the board and three teams phoning with trade-down offers. The situation called for a steady hand -- and the owner of the most righteous right arm in the Rocky Mountains reclined in his upper-row seat, flashing an unruffled grin and taking it all in.

This would not be John Elway's call to make, and the legendary quarterback and accomplished executive felt completely at peace with that unfamiliar state of affairs.

"I still got a little nervous in that room," Elway said late Thursday night, after the Broncos had stayed put, passed on Fields and selected former Alabama cornerback Patrick Surtain II. "But it was nice to be where I was, and it felt right. After 60 years, for the first time in my life, I was glad I wasn't the guy pulling the trigger."
    https://www.nfl.com/news/john-elway-...witter_nfl_cfb

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I don't have words.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oh no.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	18517
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I don't have words.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oh no.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	18517
    That seemed more like the writers take, but we'll see in a few months I guess.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That seemed more like the writers take, but we'll see in a few months I guess.
    Agreed, it's the writer's opinion, but from the fact-reporting you can tell he also got close enough to take the temperature of the situation.

I fail to see how a split-reps, unclear-team-vision approach is the correct one in this situation.

If Lock needs false motivation, he's not the guy. If Teddy is your plan, you get an F at NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Agreed, it's the writer's opinion, but from the fact-reporting you can tell he also got close enough to take the temperature of the situation.

I fail to see how a split-reps, unclear-team-vision approach is the correct one in this situation.

If Lock needs false motivation, he's not the guy. If Teddy is your plan, you get an F at NFL.
    This is what I think the case probably is at this point: Paton probably didn't love any of the QBs in the draft that were attainable to us, was all in on Watson (we felt like the clear frontrunners before the the legal mess) and now is just piecing together what he can for this season. I think we'll make a big run at Rodgers if he's available, but otherwise getting a vet on the cheap like Teddy was probably the best option he could find if he didn't like the draft QBs and couldn't get a deal done for a star.

I do think Lock needs to sink or swim this year, but if he does lose a competition to Teddy, that tells us all we need to know as well.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is what I think the case probably is at this point: Paton probably didn't love any of the QBs in the draft that were attainable to us, was all in on Watson (we felt like the clear frontrunners before the the legal mess) and now is just piecing together what he can for this season. I think we'll make a big run at Rodgers if he's available, but otherwise getting a vet on the cheap like Teddy was probably the best option he could find if he didn't like the draft QBs and couldn't get a deal done for a star.

I do think Lock needs to sink or swim this year, but if he does lose a competition to Teddy, that tells us all we need to know as well.
    Agreed - I just think the kid has too much talent to fail, but we'll ultimately see.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I might be a minority here, but I like that we have Teddy to push him in a competition type setting. If Lock REALLY is the guy his biggest fans here think he is, he should have no problem beating out Teddy who is a known mediocre to average quantity. And if it's just a messy back and forth thing all season where we never have a clear answer at the position, that gives us an answer too and next offseason can be all about making a legit push for the next QB.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

The whole thing just reeks of a setup for a Rodgers/Watson acquisition. A lot of things have to play out before we get to that point, but if either or both are clear and available...what team has more to offer? Denver will have a top 5 defense and one of the better young offenses in the NFL and we'll be very attractive to any QB. So, it seems like Paton is setting the table to be able to make a move on either of them depending on how their situations unfold.

I don't know...I just don't get the vibe that Paton plans on either Drew or Teddy being the starting QB this year.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

"Maybe we get a haul," Paton said. "Maybe we can take advantage of a team that is, as Vic would say, 'horny.' I don't know why he always uses that word, but it cracks me up."
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

25. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information