Poll: What position broncos picking in the first round

Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Broncos Draft Thread: 04/29/21-05/01/21

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I hope Surtain doesn’t take that long to pay off.
    two years. . . the crying this season is gonna be annoying, though. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    stop, you're embarrassing yourself. . .

No, it's great content!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If I'm being honest the Surtain pick leaves me a little flaccid. Nice player, will be a good fit, but if you'd told me before the draft Fields and Jones would fall to us and we'd take neither, I'd have thought you were insane. Guess we gotta hope Lock pans out or we can snag Rodgers. It feels fairly hopeless being uncertain at QB and staring down the barrel of a decade plus of Mahomes and Herbert in the division, but Paton has knocked everything so far out of the park this offseason I'll trust his judgement for now.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If I'm being honest the Surtain pick leaves me a little flaccid. Nice player, will be a good fit, but if you'd told me before the draft Fields and Jones would fall to us and we'd take neither, I'd have thought you were insane. Guess we gotta hope Lock pans out or we can snag Rodgers. It feels fairly hopeless being uncertain at QB and staring down the barrel of a decade plus of Mahomes and Herbert in the division, but Paton has knocked everything so far out of the park this offseason I'll trust his judgement for now.
    Yes. Hopeless. And the Pats get their QB.

Not a good night. Denver still has the worst QB in the AFC West and it's not close.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Yes. Hopeless. And the Pats get their QB.

Not a good night.
    The Pats and Bears have been two of the worst drafting teams of the last decade, so the fact that those are the two teams that scooped up those two QBs does make me feel better about not getting them.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Lol man I can’t wait for the new bronco bloood tomorrow! Great night adding Surtain!

Drew Lock all eyes on you my boy! And knowing the mentality you have I’m sure your embracing it and putting in the work to show all these doubters that you get the last laugh as you set the league on fire...... then they’ll say well you have so many weapons it’s hard not to succeed so get ready for that!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Lol man I can’t wait for the new bronco bloood tomorrow! Great night adding Surtain!

Drew Lock all eyes on you my boy! And knowing the mentality you have I’m sure your embracing it and putting in the work to show all these doubters that you get the last laugh as you set the league on fire...... then they’ll say well you have so many weapons it’s hard not to succeed so get ready for that!
    How mad will you be if Kellen Mond is the round 2 pick?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I can't tell if you're Drew Lock's agent, girlfriend, or parent. Your level of fanboying over him is creepy.

2 losses to Mahomes, 2 losses to Herbert, split the games with the Raiders at best. Loss to Dallas, Steelers. Ravens, Browns. The Bengals - another loss IMO. WFT a toss up.

Every one of those teams I called a loss has a superior QB.

6-10 is my prediction. Should be amazing.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-30-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Welcome to the Broncos, Patrick Surtain! I hope you live up to your family name and bring elite coverage skills and attitude to the Broncos. Your dad and Sam Madison were the truth for the Dolphins. A Deadly duo. Combined with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, that Dolphins defense was great.

Now, on to other things. Am I happy about the pick? Sure, we got a talented player where he was projected to go. It was kinda a letdown after all the excitement about Rodgers, though. I was so hoping to see the Green Bay logo pop up while we were on the clock. I was so giddy with excitement with all the stories flying around from Logan, Schlereth, Albright, etc about the deal being pretty much done. It kinda ruined the night for me when we didn’t land him. Oh well, I’m seeing articles that the Pack is coming to grips with the fact that they need to trade him and we’re the #1 potential spot. Damn that would be sweet.

On to tomorrow, I’m really hoping we can get JOK or Moerig (my top two hopes for day 2). I’m not overly strong on this year’s class but I love the pop and athleticism that JOK brings. We need a guy like him to play a robber type role in our defense or carry a TE down the seam.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    I’d support him on his journey of being kicked around by the fan base 19 games into his development because that’s definitely what he’ll be as a 2nd round quarterback is a development guy..... he wouldn’t be ready to play right away so lock would still start.

Only people who truly don’t have a clue could think patons plan was to pass on this all world fields guy you all are crying about just to take a developmental player in round 2 when you could have had the GUY at 9? That’s absurd the broncos may take a quarterback somewhere but I’m sure from patons own words the main missing ingredient was having a decent back up veteran who knows the system.

who graded us an a? (i'm not doubting you, i'm just curious, because i haven't seen it)
    cbs

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

not as mad as i am. . .

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Welcome to the Broncos, Patrick Surtain! I hope you live up to your family name and bring elite coverage skills and attitude to the Broncos. Your dad and Sam Madison were the truth for the Dolphins. A Deadly duo. Combined with Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, that Dolphins defense was great.

Now, on to other things. Am I happy about the pick? Sure, we got a talented player where he was projected to go. It was kinda a letdown after all the excitement about Rodgers, though. I was so hoping to see the Green Bay logo pop up while we were on the clock. I was so giddy with excitement with all the stories flying around from Logan, Schlereth, Albright, etc about the deal being pretty much done. It kinda ruined the night for me when we didn’t land him. Oh well, I’m seeing articles that the Pack is coming to grips with the fact that they need to trade him and we’re the #1 potential spot. Damn that would be sweet.
    (although champ was the real DPOY in '05)

rodgers was never gonna happen overnight. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

I remember when Denver passed on Stephen Jackson.

This is worse. A corner after acquiring 2 veteran starters in the offseason.

B-, C+, C-, C-, B

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/04/2...-day-1-grades/
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-30-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Roby

I really want an OT in the 2nd round. We saw what happened to Lock when we had poor o-line depth and Juwaun James can’t be trusted to stay healthy for 8 games, let alone a 17 game season. Lock needs everything to be perfect so he can be evaluated with no asterisks. Hoping that Jenkins slips but I doubt it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information