Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater For A 6th!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm really happy with Paton. I think Elway & Co. really made a good choice for GM.

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As sad as I am that we won't get a Jaded meltdown over Minshew, I'll settle for a JeudyHamler meltdown if we draft a QB and trade Lock.

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

This is a great move by Paton. Get a veteran QB who has shown that he can come in as a backup and lead an team to some success. Is Teddy the answer at QB, no, but he is what you want in a backup QB. For a 6th rounder for only 3 mill and no long term commitment, this is great. If both Lock and Teddy flame out next year, then you can bring in your own guy next year (either in FA or in next years draft). I hope Drew takes control of this team and has a great year, but this protects the team in case that doesn't happens.

Can't wait for the draft tomorrow. I don't think we will draft a QB unless it's in the later rounds, but go with the PBA at 9 or trade down if someone wants a QB who falls. Get future capital for next year when we will surely be in the market to upgrade the D (Miller, Jackson, Alexander, Josey, will probably be gone after the season).
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

6. The Following User High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This is the problem with Denver in the past. They would sign young players who really didnt have much experience but here with Bridgewater at least you have a guy who has been battle tested.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I respect Bridgewater's game, but I hope Lock beats him out. Solid insurance policy if Lock plays like he did early last season.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Considering how much this has been talked about for the last 2 weeks...it's about time it got done.

AS far as QB still being an option at 9, I think it's lip service to drive up the value of the pick in the event a good QB is still there and another team wants to trade up for it. Although...wouldn't it be crazy to see Denver draft a QB and turn around and trade Lock.
    There is some speculation out there. Makes the Bison more legitimate option all of a sudden
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 04-28-2021 at 01:58 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

LOL:

18. The Following 8 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Absolutely. Basically taking a free flier on a guy who can push Lock and potentially give us some decent play if needed. Although I am a little sad I won't get to see a Jaded meltdown over Minshew now.
    it's a real missed opportunity. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Ima keep it 100 (as the kids these days say)...

I didn’t want Bridgewater at all. In the 3 or 4 Carolina games I watched a part of last year (the only one I finished was the Denver game because watching Teddy is like watching paint dry) I saw a QB that absolutely refused to throw past the sticks on 3rd down and seemed extremely timid and not really in command of that offense. He looked like the backup and not the starter.

Now, in saying all that, I can’t be mad at Paton for making this move at all. A 6th round pick and $3 mil per year for Bridgewater? Paton basically took the Carolina GM to the woodshed and in the process saved us from having to pay Teddy $10 mil to sign him after he was cut.

Welcome to Denver, Teddy. I hope you never have to see the field!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

I didn’t want Bridgewater at all. In the 3 or 4 Carolina games I watched a part of last year (the only one I finished was the Denver game because watching Teddy is like watching paint dry) I saw a QB that absolutely refused to throw past the sticks on 3rd down and seemed extremely timid and not really in command of that offense. He looked like the backup and not the starter.

Now, in saying all that, I can’t be mad at Paton for making this move at all. A 6th round pick and $3 mil per year for Bridgewater? Paton basically took the Carolina GM to the woodshed and in the process saved us from having to pay Teddy $10 mil to sign him after he was cut.

Agree. Teddy at $17 million and Teddy at $3 million are two wildly different things. He's being paid backup money and has both starting experience and experience Shurmur's offense - call it a win.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

I'm always baffled at how many QB's throw short on 3rd down. That being said, Bridgewater STILL outperformed Lock last year...on a worse team...with arguably less talent. I think he brings enough experience and success to let Lock know that he needs to show something...FAST.

25. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Interesting tidbit about Carolina. They still haven't picked up 5th year option on Darnold. Waiting to see who drops to 8?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I respect Bridgewater's game, but I hope Lock beats him out. Solid insurance policy if Lock plays like he did early last season.
    Agree, and Lock would have been fine all of last season if not for dropped passes, fumbles, catches not made which should have been made, penalties wiping out made first downs, etc.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information