Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Worst Case Scenario

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Worst Case Scenario

Assuming we stay at 9, what is your worst case scenario regarding the first 8 picks.

Mine is as follows:
    Lawrence, Wilson and Fields go.
    Sewell and Slater are gone.
    The TE is gone.
    Parsons is gone.
    Horn is gone.

That leaves any stud WR, a project QB or Surtain. I could still live with that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

between lance, jones, and chase, somebody is gonna trade up there. . . i honestly don't even have one this year, if we're just talking about the first eight picks and what kind of situation it would leave us in. . . as far as feasible worst case at nine, it'd be taking mac jones with somebody like sewell still on the board. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I guess the only position I wouldn’t be too stoked about at 9 is CB. Not that there isn’t talent there and I’d be happy with Surtain or Horn, but we just spent a bunch in FA to get a couple good CBs.

I guess my worst case scenario would be trading back out of the top ten and not getting at least an additional 1st rounder next year. I’m not a fan of trading back for extra picks, especially out of the top ten, unless we can really get a good haul for it. Missing out on a top talent like Parsons or Sewell or Surtain is t worth picking up an extra second or third round pick to me. I know Paton likes the “more darts” philosophy, but not particularly being good at darts myself, I’d rather just make the ones I have count than do the “spray and pray” method.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Assuming we stay at 9, what is your worst case scenario regarding the first 8 picks.

Mine is as follows:
    Lawrence, Wilson and Fields go.
    Sewell and Slater are gone.
    The TE is gone.
    Parsons is gone.
    Horn is gone.

That leaves any stud WR, a project QB or Surtain. I could still live with that.
    we draft Mac Jones at 9, And I implode
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Hey, if all the so called “experts” are right about him, he’s super smart, super accurate, can manipulate the pocket, and will be the next Thom Brady! Or so they all say, even though at season’s end he was a “Dont select on the first day” guy.

Perhaps if rumors are true, and Paton really is big on character, Jones won’t even be on our radar. I mean, he does have 2 DUIs.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I guess the only position I wouldn’t be too stoked about at 9 is CB. Not that there isn’t talent there and I’d be happy with Surtain or Horn, but we just spent a bunch in FA to get a couple good CBs.

I guess my worst case scenario would be trading back out of the top ten and not getting at least an additional 1st rounder next year. I’m not a fan of trading back for extra picks, especially out of the top ten, unless we can really get a good haul for it. Missing out on a top talent like Parsons or Sewell or Surtain is t worth picking up an extra second or third round pick to me. I know Paton likes the “more darts” philosophy, but not particularly being good at darts myself, I’d rather just make the ones I have count than do the “spray and pray” method.
    I think the concern at CB is...Callahan and Darby have injury histories...OJ wasn't impressive last year (I still say he should transition to safety)...Bassey had a big injury...Fuller is 30 and on a one year deal. So...having a young shutdown guy that can groom this year and take over completely in '22 wouldn't be a bad idea. Especially with Fuller and Callahan also being free agents.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Hey, if all the so called “experts” are right about him, he’s super smart, super accurate, can manipulate the pocket, and will be the next Thom Brady! Or so they all say, even though at season’s end he was a “Dont select on the first day” guy.

Perhaps if rumors are true, and Paton really is big on character, Jones won’t even be on our radar. I mean, he does have 2 DUIs.
    I recently read an article where two NFL execs said they wouldn't draft Jones based on the DUI's alone. Then especially when they add in his "limited skills".

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I recently read an article where two NFL execs said they wouldn't draft Jones based on the DUI's alone. Then especially when they add in his "limited skills".
    Lets pray one was Paton!

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Lets pray one was Paton!
    I think they were more along the lines of personnel guys, but yeah...hoping one of them donned orange and blue.

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

F Jones he can go fly a kite with Flacco.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Regardless of how you feel about the Top 5 QB prospects, I just can't get past the feeling that Drew Lock is Jay Cutler lite and will never be the guy... Therefore I would be happy to take a crack at any of the QB prospects. It's an inexact science, so I wouldn't mind gambling.

Horn or Surtain will be defensive cornerstones for years to come. Parsons would be plug and play. Elite tackles are hard to come by, so I could live with Sewell or Slater.

I just don't see how you screw this pick up unless you pull some crazy Dave Gettleman Daniel Jones type of move.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I know the consensus is that the top two tackles are Sewell and Slater...and rightfully so...but I'd put money on Darrisaw, with tutelage from Munchack, being the best tackle to come out of this draft. He's not where Sewell and Slater are today, but I think his potential is greater.

23. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I guess if we took a WR in the 1st - that's worst case scenario.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This might just be my best case scenario because of how entertained I'll be by the meltdown.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Drafting CB is still a priority, imo, they have two CB’s under contract beyond this season. CB is also a lot like QB, in that, you usually won’t get the elite prospect unless you’re in the lottery ... so maybe you take that player now while you’re in position.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

29. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information