Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Canmore's jazz thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Can, I am so close. I liked both those cuts.

When you said 'hey classical is uptight' I know what you meant, I know your background. But that Brahms piano concerto has a few moments in it that straight up SLAY me, man. I'll point 'em out. You don't need to listen. It's like any song, one of those times you sorta lose your shit inside in a good way and rejoice the music.

Most of all, it's sublime thing. It can't be described. It's beyond words, it's purely music. To use words ruins it.

So tell me, should I just hit the MD discog and wait for it? I am the type of cat that will do that.
    I agree that really great music is beyond words. That is what I see in Davis. His ability to weave a melody is unparalleled. These two songs were late in his career at Columbia. Sublime fits him nicely.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
    can, i am so close. I liked both those cuts.

When you said 'hey classical is uptight' i know what you meant, i know your background. But that brahms piano concerto has a few moments in it that straight up slay me, man. I'll point 'em out. You don't need to listen. It's like any song, one of those times you sorta lose your shit inside in a good way and rejoice the music.

Most of all, it's sublime thing. It can't be described. It's beyond words, it's purely music. To use words ruins it.

so tell me, should i just hit the md discog and wait for it? I am the type of cat that will do that.
    ??? MD? Don't follow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Miles Davis catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Can, I am so close. I liked both those cuts.

When you said 'hey classical is uptight' I know what you meant, I know your background. But that Brahms piano concerto has a few moments in it that straight up SLAY me, man. I'll point 'em out. You don't need to listen. It's like any song, one of those times you sorta lose your shit inside in a good way and rejoice the music.

So tell me, should I just hit the MD discog and wait for it? I am the type of cat that will do that.
    I don't have a answer or at least a good one for that. If you are interested, I'd start with the Columbia years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_...bum_Collection

I'd toss in Birth Of The Cool. It predated his time with Columbia.
    Last edited by Canmore; 07-31-2021 at 01:32 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Maybe I'll just spend more time with the ones you already gave me.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Maybe I'll just spend more time with the ones you already gave me.
    Lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I usually listen to music while I swim. And for whatever reason, Bach, Schubert, Mozart, Shostakovich solo piano have been working. I mention this because I'm thinking about putting Kind of Blue on my waterproof mp3 for my swim in a few minutes.

But Kind of Blue is so, so chill.

Believe that? Baroque > Jazz this one time in terms of workout energy.

Yeah, not workout music. At least Flamenco Sketches and Blue in Green.

I'd need some more uptempo cuts. Maybe Bitches Brew or Sketches of Spain. Only problem is that I have Kind of Blue already on mp3, I have to convert the other two. Hm.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Heck with it. I'm gonna do laps to Kind of Blue.

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Heck with it. I'm gonna do laps to Kind of Blue.
    Well...how was it.

I play a game with one of my sons. If you were stranded on a island and only get 5 albums to listen to while there...what would you choose?

This is one on my list.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Well...how was it.

I play a game with one of my sons. If you were stranded on a island and only get 5 albums to listen to while there...what would you choose?

This is one on my list.
    I really liked Bill Evans. The rest of it was nice too. It is not good for swimming though, way too chill. Very interesting though. I was forced to listen closely because when you swim and listen to music it's more natural to just focus on the music, sometimes deeply.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

I really liked Bill Evans. The rest of it was nice too. It is not good for swimming though, way too chill. Very interesting though. I was forced to listen closely because when you swim and listen to music it's more natural to just focus on the music, sometimes deeply.
    If you haven't read the Wiki article on Kind of Blue, you will find it interesting.

14. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    I don't have a answer or at least a good one for that. If you are interested, I'd start with the Columbia years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_...bum_Collection

I'd toss in Birth Of The Cool. It predated his time with Columbia.
    can, are you familiar with nefertiti? how about aghartha and pangea?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    can, are you familiar with nefertiti? how about aghartha and pangea?
    Yes to Nefertiti and Pangea. No to Aghartha, or at least I don't think so.

Not a big jazz fan....but IMO...that style really works well with christmas music.....like the Peanuts christmas music or just any thing that's played in that style that is a christmas song...

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    Not a big jazz fan....but IMO...that style really works well with christmas music.....like the Peanuts christmas music or just any thing that's played in that style that is a christmas song...
    If you like that try a GRP Christmas and Vol 2 and 3.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information