Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: QBs going 1-4?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Are you really jaded? I'm gonna need your opinions on "it factor" and noodle arm QBs.
    Not to mention arm length and 3-cone times.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Or trade back...gain additional capital and potentially get 2 or 4 more players that can contribute right now. For arguments sake, let's say they trade back with someone for a 1st, 3rd and 5th. That could get them OL, DE and CB help in addition to their own early round picks. You don't think that's more valuable to them right now than a project QB?

If they end up drafting the 4th best option just to sit him for 3 years then they deserve what they get.
    So if they draft Lance or Fields and he turns into Aaron Rodgers 3 years from now they deserve it?

Where do I sign?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    What is that? I have never heard of that before.
    Some teams are trying this radical new approach to QB development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    So if they draft Lance or Fields and he turns into Aaron Rodgers 3 years from now they deserve it?

Where do I sign?
    I see we've given up on waiting for the next Brady to come from the back end of the draft and we've moved on the next Aaron Rodgers stepping into super stardom after 3 years on the bench.

If Fontenot or Smith go that route...instead of fixing the team now...neither will be around in 3 years to reap any potential benefits.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I see we've given up on waiting for the next Brady to come from the back end of the draft and we've moved on the next Aaron Rodgers stepping into super stardom after 3 years on the bench.

If Fontenot or Smith go that route...instead of fixing the team now...neither will be around in 3 years to reap any potential benefits.
    Combine that with the fact that the odds are, of the the top 5 or so QBs in this draft, maybe 2 will live up to the hype and be successful starting QBs in the league for their careers (the odds more favor just 1 of them). Jumping through hoops and mortgaging the future to draft the 4th best guy (I guess he could be #1 by their estimation) seems foolish and like a risk not worth taking. The Jags and Jets have to draft QBs. They have no choice because they just don’t have anyone else. Everyone else will be judged at how these guys come out. Let’s say the Broncos trade up to #4 and take Lance or Fields (whoever is left) and they bust. It will be much worse than Paxton Lynch in the late 1st or Lock in the mid 2nd. Odds are this isn’t the next ‘83 or ‘04 draft class where 3 QBs taken in the first round all had great careers. One of the top 3 and 2 of the top 4 will likely be a huge whiff. I’d prefer not to be the ones who whiff.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For me its Lawrence or nobody and with the likelihood Lawrence is to far out of reach i would rather just take another player to help build around Lock and hope that he pans out.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    For me its Lawrence or nobody and with the likelihood Lawrence is to far out of reach i would rather just take another player to help build around Lock and hope that he pans out.
    I'm a broken record on this topic. I'm not selling out 100% one way or the other. But I do know a few things.

First of all last year was a season unlike any that we've ever experienced before and it makes it really hard to evaluate Young players.

Secondly six systems in 7 years.

Third I don't think Pat did him any favors through about 9 or 10 games of the season with his play calling.

Couple of stats of note. Drew was the 8th ranked quarterback in the league last year out of play action. But our lack of commitment to the run game early made it hard to sell play action. Second he was first in the league in yards per attempt so his average throw was over eight and a half yards. That's not all him deciding to throw the go route. A lot of that is designed. So again Pat didn't do him any favors with the play calling.

I want a year of playing to his strengths setting up the long passing game with play action and the run. And at that point we can determine whether he is a quarterback on the rise or you need to make a move next year.

The people that say that there will never be another draft class like this one forget that going into this season there were only two quarterbacks the people were certain were going to be really good and that was Lawrence and field. Nobody knew who Wilson was. Nobody was projecting Mac as a top 10 pick. And Lance was one of those guys that intrigued people but I don't think he was a lock to be in the top 10. Think about the 2012 draft. People said in 2011 that you had to get your guy because other than Andrew luck 2012 was going to be so weak and that draft produced more starting caliber quarterbacks than any in recent memory.
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 04-11-2021 at 01:02 AM.

14. The Following 9 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The people that weren’t projecting Case Jones as a Top 10 pick were right.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Who’s “We”? I’ve literally never pined for the Next Tom Brady and have always preferred the Favre/Rodgers fairytale.

Here’s what I know, you don’t “fix the team now” before you find your QB ... otherwise you end up at #9 and nowhere near high enough to draft your QB.

Now ... if guess you could always go the Vikings/$90 M Scrub route ... I guess ... if you’re into ****** up shit like that.

Fontenot will be judged by his QB choices more than anything, I hope he knows that.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Who’s “We”? I’ve literally never pined for the Next Tom Brady and have always preferred the Favre/Rodgers fairytale.

Here’s what I know, you don’t “fix the team now” before you find your QB ... otherwise you end up at #9 and nowhere near high enough to draft your QB.

Now ... if guess you could always go the Vikings/$90 M Scrub route ... I guess ... if you’re into ****** up shit like that.

Fontenot will be judged by his QB choices more than anything, I hope he knows that.
    Our roster with Cousins would be a Super Bowl contender. Facts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Say Atlanta drafts Lance and Ryan goes 4-12 again in ‘21 ... you think Falcons clean house again? Fat chance!

But say the fix the team now but Ryan runs out of gas and they’re still 4-12 over the next couple seasons ... you think Falcons will think they’re better off with Kirk Cousins than the young bull?

If I’m the Falcons owner I fire Fontenot’s ass on principle alone.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Our roster with Cousins would be a Super Bowl contender. Facts.
    El oh el

I posted a list of SB participants and asked all of you to find me a Kirk Cousins ... still waiting.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The last time the Vikings contended for a SB Case Keesum was their QB.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The last time the Vikings contended for a SB Case Keesum was their QB.
    Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information