Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: QBs going 1-4?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default QBs going 1-4?

QBs have never gone 1 through 4 in the draft. This week's discussion is that the possibility exists for history to be made this year. Now with San Francisco moving to 3, it seems very possible.

Do you think it will happen?
    Do you think it should?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I would be surprised if it happened but wouldnt hurt my feelings either. I still really want Parsons.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

It would almost be perfect for us. You'd have to assume there would still be 2 WRs, the TE and the OT going after them. Leaves us any CB or LB. And if not, maybe a Sewell drops to us.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I do not think so. Last year I was sure ATL would take a QB, but I am not sure they will this year. With the TE, the T, the DL, Parsons, Basically they have first pick in the draft.

Now they could trade down, but Carolina likely could wait to nab fields or lance or jones (whichever 2 are left over from San fran) but why trade up. Possibly another team trades up to leapfrog us and Carolina. Who else needs a QB?

Us
    Panthers
    Pats
    Raiders at 18
    Washington at 20
    Bears at 21
    Saints somewhere

I think those teams could wait for their guy to fall to them.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t think ATL goes QB at 4. They restructured Ryan and he’s completely unreleasable based on cap hit for the next 2 years. If they spent #4 on a QB, that guy would sit for 2 years minimum before seeing the field. I just don’t see them doing it. I think they’ll either go OT (their line stinks), or defense - either Parsons or the best CB on their board. They might go after the TE from UF, but they have receiving weapons. Their defense is in shambles.

Now, they could trade down and some team could move to #4 to get that 4th QB, but if they stand pat, they won’t pick one, IMO. Especially if it’s the 4th best guy.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

9. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t think ATL goes QB at 4. They restructured Ryan and he’s completely unreleasable based on cap hit for the next 2 years. If they spent #4 on a QB, that guy would sit for 2 years minimum before seeing the field. I just don’t see them doing it. I think they’ll either go OT (their line stinks), or defense - either Parsons or the best CB on their board. They might go after the TE from UF, but they have receiving weapons. Their defense is in shambles.

Now, they could trade down and some team could move to #4 to get that 4th QB, but if they stand pat, they won’t pick one, IMO. Especially if it’s the 4th best guy.
    There's no reason for any team looking for their QB to jump they high to get the 4th QB because the next 4 teams (Bengals, Dolphins and Lions) are already set in that position. The only team that would need to be leapfrogged would be the Panthers who are sitting on the 8th pick. If they don't take the 4th QB, and we decide to stick with Lock, the next 4 teams (Cowboys, Giants, Eagles and Chargers) are all set for at least this year.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

11. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

It will probably take Lance that long before he is ready anyway. Remember...ONE year of experience at a D2 school. He isn't and shouldn't be starting any time soon. That said...if ATL passes, I could see them trading back for a team that wants Lance now. ATL needs some serious help on defense.

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It will probably take Lance that long before he is ready anyway. Remember...ONE year of experience at a D2 school. He isn't and shouldn't be starting any time soon. That said...if ATL passes, I could see them trading back for a team that wants Lance now. ATL needs some serious help on defense.
    To be fair, he was FCS, not D2. FCS is a much higher level of competition than D2.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    To be fair, he was FCS, not D2. FCS is a much higher level of competition than D2.
    True. My apologies for dismissing the talent level of Missouri State, Illinois State, South Dakota State, Central Arkansas, etc.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    True. My apologies for dismissing the talent level of Missouri State, Illinois State, South Dakota State, Central Arkansas, etc.
    I'm not saying they are the same as the SEC, but FCS has produced guys like Flacco and Wentz. So I don't necessarily hold that against Lance.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm not saying they are the same as the SEC, but FCS has produced guys like Flacco and Wentz. So I don't necessarily hold that against Lance.
    If a Wentz or Flacco with less experience is what we're looking for at pick 9 or earlier, then so be it. I just hope it's not the case. I mean...if we're looking for a kid with all the tools to be molded into a stud, we can always look at Jamie Newman in a later round.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trey Lance is QB3 in this draft, Legwold has him QB2.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I literally said weeks ago that the first 4 picks will be quarterbacks.

The falcons having Ryan for two more years is the ideal situation for a guy like Lance or even Fields. There’s nothing wrong with two guys sitting behind a great veterans for a couple year’s. As others mentioned Lance especially will need the time to just get used to real talent! Dude hasn’t played against any type of speed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    The falcons having Ryan for two more years is the ideal situation for a guy like Lance or even Fields. There’s nothing wrong with two guys sitting behind a great veterans for a couple year’s. As others mentioned Lance especially will need the time to just get used to real talent! Dude hasn’t played against any type of speed yet.
    1. Trev
    2. Olsen
    3. Fields
    4. Mac
    5. Trey Lance

The faclons have a ton of dead money on Ryan. They are not going to draft a QB this early and have him sit on rookie contract for 2 years not playing then play him and have to give him a new deal just 1 year later.

Fields owns Mac all day. Fields is amazing. He has more TDs that trevor in less playing time.

Mac and Lance will be the leftovers. I do not see either going top 5.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information