Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: QBs going 1-4?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

My guess is Paton has the parameters in place for a trade with ATL if the QB they like most is still on the board. If he isn’t they’ll go BPA at #9 unless they get an offer they can’t refuse.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    1. Trev
    2. Olsen
    3. Fields
    4. Mac
    5. Trey Lance

The faclons have a ton of dead money on Ryan. They are not going to draft a QB this early and have him sit on rookie contract for 2 years not playing then play him and have to give him a new deal just 1 year later.

Fields owns Mac all day. Fields is amazing. He has more TDs that trevor in less playing time.

Mac and Lance will be the leftovers. I do not see either going top 5.
    Seems to me like ATL is in win now mode a couple more years with the Ryan extension.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    QBs have never gone 1 through 4 in the draft. This week's discussion is that the possibility exists for history to be made this year. Now with San Francisco moving to 3, it seems very possible.

Do you think it will happen?
    Do you think it should?
    No but teams are desperate its how guys like Wilson, Lance and Jones will go top ten despite not being close to ready for starting in the NFL yet. Lawrence and Fields are the only ones I think that could play year 1 and not be a disaster, however a lot has to roll right for that to happen on their perspective teams as well.

Jones will drop out of the top 10 if San Fran doesn't take him. If they take fields or Lance he is dropping past the top 10.....Then we will hear some speech when he is finally picked about how he is going to show 31 other teams he is the next tom brady
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    My guess is Paton has the parameters in place for a trade with ATL if the QB they like most is still on the board. If he isn’t they’ll go BPA at #9 unless they get an offer they can’t refuse.
    This....I think Paton is highly interested in Fields. If he makes it past San Fran we are calling them and probably going to make a move. I think Atlanta is intrigued by fields and lance and may stay put or hedge it to try and fleece the broncos, but they may feel they can get Lance at 9 and be good with that.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    This....I think Paton is highly interested in Fields. If he makes it past San Fran we are calling them and probably going to make a move. I think Atlanta is intrigued by fields and lance and may stay put or hedge it to try and fleece the broncos, but they may feel they can get Lance at 9 and be good with that.
    I don't think ATL is looking at a QB at all. They are stuck with Ryan for the next three years and I don't think they can justify sitting a young QB for 3 years when they have so many needs on the team. And there is no way Ryan will be released, traded or benched with the cap hits he is costing the next 3 years (27m, 47m, 44m)

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I don't think ATL is looking at a QB at all. They are stuck with Ryan for the next three years and I don't think they can justify sitting a young QB for 3 years when they have so many needs on the team. And there is no way Ryan will be released, traded or benched with the cap hits he is costing the next 3 years (27m, 47m, 44m)
    There’s absolutely a way for the rookie to sit behind Ryan for a couple year’s, none of these guys are plug and play guys fields or lance so the Falcons could very well snag one and let him sit and learn behind one of the premier players the game has had! Talk about there’s no way fields or lance sits two years when we just seen Rodgers sit for what 4 year’s behind farve right? Right

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    There’s absolutely a way for the rookie to sit behind Ryan for a couple year’s, none of these guys are plug and play guys fields or lance so the Falcons could very well snag one and let him sit and learn behind one of the premier players the game has had! Talk about there’s no way fields or lance sits two years when we just seen Rodgers sit for what 4 year’s behind farve right? Right
    Rodgers wasn't a top 5 pick

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    So, it makes sense to draft a kid at pick 4 to come in and ride the bench for 3 years? I wouldn't be so quick to end out any player personnel resumes if I were you.

FWIW...Rodgers sat 3 years, but he was pick #24...not #4. And he was drafted while GB was still loaded with talent and didn't have a ton of holes like ATL does. You're comparing apples and oranges.
    Last edited by CoachChaz; 04-06-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

So, it makes sense to draft a kid at pick 4 to come in and ride the bench for 3 years? I wouldn't be so quick to end out any player personnel resumes if I were you.

FWIW...Rodgers sat 3 years, but he was pick #32...not #4. And he was drafted while GB was still loaded with talent and didn't have a ton of holes like ATL does. You're comparing apples and oranges.
    Wasn't Rodgers picked at low 20s?

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah...24th. I was being lazy.

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

24th.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Aaron Rodgers was picked 23d or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah...I fixed it already.

The point is...there is a big difference in drafting a QB and letting sit 3 years when you are a playoff team compared to being a bottom 5 team with a ton of holes everywhere other than QB.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Rodgers wasn't a top 5 pick
    It does not matter! The fans will not be kicking and screaming for no got damn rookie to replace MATT RYAN. If it was a case Keemun then sure but Matt Ryan is a bonafide star in this league and still has plenty left in the tank. There fans won’t be calling for his head! If this was the broncos fan base then yeah because our fan base doesn’t have any loyalty and would want to rush Ryan out the door even though he’d been one of our greats. Fortunately for Atlanta there fans won’t do Ryan like that. Just the truth.

Yeah...24th. I was being lazy.
    No you was fixing it to fit your own narrative. Lol. Knowing damn well Rodgers wasn’t no 32nd pick smh.

Either way like I said Ryan is an falcon ring of fame guy and he can still play. There organization won’t just kick him to the curb just because his replacement is on the team who won’t even be ready to play. Smh

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information