Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos not planning to pick up Von's option, making him unrestricted free agent

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Excuses. Like I said he’s a good quarterback and that’s it. Not elite and not a game changing will to victory type of guy.
    No, not excuses. If you were more familiar with me and my positions, I object to assuming that QBs are the reason that teams win or lose. I reject the notion that Tebow won 6 games in a row for us when he played like garbage for the 1st 58 minutes in all but 1 of those games, while our D played outstanding football of opening KO to final gun to keep the score close enough to make "Tebowtime" possible. So, not only do I not let QBs steal credit from Ds for wins that the Ds deserve the credit for, but I also don't blame QBs for loses in which their Ds failed them.

Of course, whenever I do, people claim they never said. Except you just did.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    No, not excuses. If you were more familiar with me and my positions, I object to assuming that QBs are the reason that teams win or lose. I reject the notion that Tebow won 6 games in a row for us when he played like garbage for the 1st 58 minutes in all but 1 of those games, while our D played outstanding football of opening KO to final gun to keep the score close enough to make "Tebowtime" possible. So, not only do I not let QBs steal credit from Ds for wins that the Ds deserve the credit for, but I also don't blame QBs for loses in which their Ds failed them.

Of course, whenever I do, people claim they never said. Except you just did.
    There are a lot of people who claim till this day that Tebow inspired the defense to play as dominant as they did right?

But anyhow we’ll agree to disagree. I just know that Watson and Prescott BOTH only started putting up numbers under after they were down 25 points.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

There are a lot of people who claim till this day that Tebow inspired the defense to play as dominant as they did right?

But anyhow we’ll agree to disagree. I just know that Watson and Prescott BOTH only started putting up numbers under after they were down 25 points.
    Dude just stop....please.....Your credibility is plummeting with takes like this.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Dude just stop....please.....Your credibility is plummeting with takes like this.....
    what credibility?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Tebow's ability to make plays in the run game did help the defense out immensely. Instead of going 3 and out punting with 3 incompletions, the Broncos ran the ball 3 times and occasionally converted, increasing time of possession and giving the defense more opportunities to rest throughout the course of the game. So absolutely, there was a link between Tebow's insertion as a starter and the success of the 2011 Denver defense. Not to mention, did anyone on the team, coaching staff, or even in the stands really think Kyle Orton was going to ever lead a game winning drive if they got the ball back for him?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

JJ Watt's new deal with the Cardinals (2 years, $31 million, $23 million guaranteed ) sets the market for Von. If JJ can still get $15.5 million a year, no way we let Von walk.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    JJ Watt's new deal with the Cardinals (2 years, $31 million, $23 million guaranteed ) sets the market for Von. If JJ can still get $15.5 million a year, no way we let Von walk.
    Especially when you factor in that Watt hasn't complete a full season in the last two/three years.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Especially when you factor in that Watt hasn't complete a full season in the last two/three years.
    He played in all of the Texans' games last year.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Tebow sucked.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Tebow sucked.
    For 3 quarters every game yeah.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default GM George Paton says Denver Broncos want Von Miller back in 2021, pending legal issues, contract

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With a decision about Von Miller's future looming, Denver Broncos general manager George Paton said Thursday that the team wants the linebacker back for 2021 but is waiting to hear more on potential legal issues Miller might have and did not rule out a discussion about a pay cut for him to return.

"We're still working through it with Von, his agent, and in regards to the legal process, we're just going to let the legal process play out," Paton said. "But obviously it's a serious situation, but we want to let it play out before we comment on that."

Miller, an eight-time Pro Bowl selection and the Super Bowl 50 MVP, has an option clause in his contract that if the Broncos pick up would guarantee $7 million of Miller's $17.5 million base salary and engage the final year of a six-year, $114.5 million deal he signed in 2016.
    rest, plus video - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ssues-contract

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

For 3 quarters every game yeah.
    No, he just plain sucked.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You really want to know?
    Yes.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Yes.
    A guy that has the goods to be right there on Watson level come next year. And we keep all the got damn draft picks to keep adding on lethal weapons.

Starting from week 11 showed that he was turning the corner. Once shurmer stopped forcing what the hell HE wants to do and started molding the offense around the talent he has. Which is what a competent OC is suppose to do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Once shurmer stopped forcing what the hell HE wants to do and started molding the offense around the talent he has.
    I must've missed that part.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information