Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos not planning to pick up Von's option, making him unrestricted free agent

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Did the league fix the compensatory loophole where a declined option would allow the Broncos to get a compensatory pick? If the Broncos wouldn't be getting a compensatory pick, this would be a terrible outcome.

2. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Did the league fix the compensatory loophole where a declined option would allow the Broncos to get a compensatory pick? If the Broncos wouldn't be getting a compensatory pick, this would be a terrible outcome.
    Yes, they closed it, so there is no incentive to decline it aside from the $$ savings.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...h-team-options

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think about two things a lot with Von:

1.) John Elway said he wants Von to end his career in Denver.
    2.) Chris Long has said that due to Von's style, he should age pretty well as a pass rusher and has a number of good years left in the tank.

I think for a team lacking an identity, we better be sure there's a solid plan before moving on from the greatest defensive player in franchise history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I honestly dont think we have any identity anyway no offense to Von. But if Von is willing to rework his contract than im all for him staying.
    A healthy, twitchy, hungry Von...is that what the Broncos would get if they picked up the tab? Recent history is best history, and it ain't in Von's favor.

Having said that, besides maybe Aaron Donald and JJ Watt, there is no other player in the league who is a build-around brand-name defense-in-a-can player. But is he washed up? Don't know, haven't seen him much lately so who really knows.

It's not clear the way ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    It might be something with his criminal investigation. It looks like a serious one. On the bright side, I would like to keep Von Miller until he retires.
    I don't think so. I think she's a wacko with a mean streak and a cunning side. There's no evidence that is not the case, and some evidence that she knows how to play the system.

There is also evidence that the punani is Von's kryptonite and his judgment leaves him open for these kinds of shenanigans.

I should keep my yapper shut since I don't have facts I need, but that's just my gut feel.

Von just isn't...like that. He's a cowboy.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Punani is every mans kryptonite.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Punani is every mans kryptonite.
    Dave (the Wanker) is surprisingly immune to its effects.

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Dave (the Wanker) is surprisingly immune to its effects.
    It’s all that blow.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It’s all that blow.

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I ran into him (Carey) at DIA. We were both waiting for our baggage. Just the two of us. Waiting on oversized parcels. I could have said hi, but if it was me, I'd get sick of anonymous fans sooooo fast.

I should have said hi.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I ran into him (Carey) at DIA. We were both waiting for our baggage. Just the two of us. Waiting on oversized parcels. I could have said hi, but if it was me, I'd get sick of anonymous fans sooooo fast.

I should have said hi.
    What about Carell though?

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What about Carell though?
    Whatever his name is.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I should have said hi.
    That's cool, he's my hero.

On one hand, he probably doesn't want random ass people coming up to him at an airport. On the other, you gotta shoot your shot.

There's gotta be a good way to say hi to a celebrity without drawing too much attention and making a scene.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I should point out, this was before Space Force. If it was after Space Force, I would have given him some props.

I've never seen an episode of The Office.

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    That's cool, he's my hero.

On one hand, he probably doesn't want random ass people coming up to him at an airport. On the other, you gotta shoot your shot.

There's gotta be a good way to say hi to a celebrity without drawing too much attention and making a scene.
    I had the good fortune of working for the Denver Nuggets for a few years, and met a few celebrities. After awhile the novelty wears off and you see the B.S. they put up with all the time.

Back in 2010 I ran into Emeril Lagasse on Ramstein AFB. I guess he had been there the day before to put on a show. There was a nice hotel attached to the PX/Mall that I guess they put him and his family up for the night in. Well we had one sit down restaurant in the place, Macaroni Grill. I was headed there and it wasn't open yet. I notice this nervous, twitchy guy waiting as well. As my brain slowly works out who it is, he gets this terrified look that I am going to come talk to him. Eventually his party joins and they have a big ol time just across from me. I left them alone and nobody else seemed to notice them. Sometimes I regret not saying hello, but I am glad I left them alone.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information