Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Fumbling and RB position

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Would not the RBs TDs scored and overall production (total yards) not factor into this?

Extremem example but if there was a RB that scored guaranteed at least 2 tds per game (there was LT) and lets just say that he fumbled 1x per game as well (lost and returned for a TD). The RBs net is still a positive 7 points.

As you mentioned when games can be won or lost on 3 points. If the points are positive should they not outweigh or be factored in.

(Its about time for Melvin to fumble. I have a feeling 2 of them may be on deck sadly)
    Sure, a RB can add value with all the other stuff they do, but it should be compared to a sort of 'replacement level' or league average. As far as I know, there's no such thing as a 'nose for the end zone', so I don't think actual TD production matters that much. But maybe.

But yeah, if a RB's production is well above average, that goes in the plus column. Pass protection, etc. Heck, good pass pro might stop a strip sack and so on, and that should matter.

I'm not saying I have any clear answers, except that we should factor in ball security traits probably more than we realize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Considering that RB's should be strong enough and disciplined enough to fumble rarely, it's a precursor.

Look at Tiki Barber's career.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information