Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Texans Releasing JJ Watt

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would probably agree with you except they arent applying that "respect" to Watson who also would like to go somewhere and win a ring. There is no consistency with the FO in Houston in terms of respecting its players so i dont really buy into your viewpoint here.
    I don't understand what you're saying. Wouldn't the fact they are treating Watt better than Watson prove they have more respect for Watt?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Pulled this form Wikipedia, this is the background of the GM of the Texans. Guy was a team chaplain with the Chiefs and Pats and somehow went from that to being a GM. How this happened makes no sense to me.
    Except Easterby is not the GM. Caserio is. Easterby may have been the de facto GM after O'Bonehead was fired. Caserio was wanted by the Oilers two seasons a go but the Patriots filed tampering charges so Houston hired Easterby and then signed Caserio last month after his contract with the Patriots ended.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't understand what you're saying. Wouldn't the fact they are treating Watt better than Watson prove they have more respect for Watt?
    Not necessarily but i understand your POV. Even you said it shows the FO is pretty incompetent which is something that i agree with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not necessarily but i understand your POV. Even you said it shows the FO is pretty incompetent which is something that i agree with.
    It's definitely a trainwreck there regardless. I don't even remember the last time there was such a mutiny among every star player on a team. Like I said earlier, I couldn't blame any Texans fan who wanted to bail. Awful management and they are about to have Lawrence in their division, so they are about to be in for some dark, dark times.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

As far as the Watt situation, it's clear the injuries have taken a toll. He's not the dominant force he once was. He's still a good player but he's no longer a dominating player. He's also a 10-year veteran who wouldn't have lasted through a major rebuild, which is why this needed to happen. It makes perfect sense to cut him loose. I'm just saying smart leadership knows when to make a trade and move on. Watt's window for that was last spring, not this spring. Watt will always be beloved by Houston fans because he started raising money for Hurricane Harvey relief that snowballed beyond what anyone could imagine. He literally drew in millions of donations during the area's hour of need. Nobody could ever tarnish that. But as for J.J. Watt the player, he's got maybe 2-3 years left and that's all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I would probably agree with you except they arent applying that "respect" to Watson who also would like to go somewhere and win a ring. There is no consistency with the FO in Houston in terms of respecting its players so i dont really buy into your viewpoint here.
    You don't need to buy in to my viewpoint. It's not MY viewpoint. It's what actually is.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    As far as the Watt situation, it's clear the injuries have taken a toll. He's not the dominant force he once was. He's still a good player but he's no longer a dominating player. He's also a 10-year veteran who wouldn't have lasted through a major rebuild, which is why this needed to happen. It makes perfect sense to cut him loose. I'm just saying smart leadership knows when to make a trade and move on. Watt's window for that was last spring, not this spring. Watt will always be beloved by Houston fans because he started raising money for Hurricane Harvey relief that snowballed beyond what anyone could imagine. He literally drew in millions of donations during the area's hour of need. Nobody could ever tarnish that. But as for J.J. Watt the player, he's got maybe 2-3 years left and that's all.
    I believe it was around $37M. Agree on the rest. He's got some gas left in the tank, but he's not the 20-sack, ball batting monster he was 5-6 years ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Watt has been with the team, what - 10 years?

Watson has been there 3-4. You really can't compare the two scenarios.

See you in Tampa JJ...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    See you in Tampa JJ...
    My thoughts exactly. I could also see him ending up in Green Bay or Buffalo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    See you in Tampa JJ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I could also see him ending up in Green Bay or Buffalo.
    There’s one leader in the clubhouse: Green Bay.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I’m hoping for Green Bay - as it’s a great organization and he’s be more than gravy-training there. But as the NFL is the NBA now - I’ll assume Tampa.

Von Miller might wind up there as well.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 02-12-2021 at 07:51 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The leaders in the clubhouse should be with his brothers in Pittsburgh.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The leaders in the clubhouse should be with his brothers in Pittsburgh.
    not enough cap room and two starting DEs that actually are playing then Watt now. I would say the Colts as LDE due to the cap room and ability to reach the playoff. Dark horse Buffalo. Which is looking for veteran on the defense line to take them to next level.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Green Bay and Buffalo both make a lot of sense for him. Two teams on the doorstep of the super bowl who could use his veteran presence and talent on their defense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information