Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lindsay vents about his usage in Shurmur’s offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

It would be nice if we could get him to sign a team friendly deal. He is a good change of pace back.
    But if he wants big bucks but I don't think it's worth it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Affirmative.
    Roger that.

I was hoping it was merely bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Nick & Cecil | Hour 2 | 02.10.21 (47:19) 2-11-2021
    The guys talk about the favorite to win the Broncos starting RB job for 2021 and Cecil points out that Melvin Gordon can’t create like Phillip Lindsay can. Cecil says Pat Shurmur is the biggest problem for the Broncos and Nick uncovers a name that could help Denver’s run game...

https://denverfan.com/category/podca...Nick+and+Cecil

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I think Schurmer is as antiquated as Kubiak's offense. I wouldn't mind seeing him take a hike.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I think Schurmer is as antiquated as Kubiak's offense. I wouldn't mind seeing him take a hike.
    I agree, but if Lock is the guy next season Denver needs to keep some consistency around him.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

7. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

**** Lindsay.

Bye Felicia.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Huh.
    Finished 3 out of 3 seasons on IR, and the last of those seasons they really managed his workload.

Extending any RB is piss poor roster management, especially one that’s a bed wetter.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    You’re right. They should hand it off to Melvin more so he can cough it up at the worst possible time to lose a game.

Did we lose a game because of one of his fumbles? Im not sure we did.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Did we lose a game because of one of his fumbles? Im not sure we did.
    At least one, maybe two. Don't take my word for it, he's ranked reeaaaaaaalllllly low in terms of Expected Points Added.

It's good to add points, expected or real. Super helpful in games determined by higher point totals. Fixating on real is good in hindsight, but doesn't let you make good decisions going forward, if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

His fumbles didn’t cost us any games, however they just came at some of the worst times where we’re driving in for a score or on the wrong side of the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Love Lindsays heart but he can't stay healthy.

Javonte Williams is the best back in this draft period. I'd love to see us steal him in the draft....most have him 3rd round.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

16. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Regardless of how Lindsay feels and regardless if he’s right or not, airing stuff like this and calling out the coaching staff to the media or the public is never the right way to do things. I get so tired of the entitlement attitude of athletes - perpetuated by the media that eggs them on by continuously telling them how bad their last season was to rile them up - where they think that it should somehow be about them and they aren’t being “used properly” if they aren’t successful.

Does that work for any Joe blow working schlubs here? Get pissed by what your boss tells you to do or how to do it or “misuse your talents” so you go vent publicly on Social Media or some other public forum about what a shitty boss you have? Does calling out your boss publicly ever make a problem you have with them better? Makes you wonder if Lindsay ever took the time to talk to Modkins, or Shurmur, or even Fangio about these issues and possible solutions or if he just stewed on it all season and waited for that open mike to air his grievances. This kinda shit not only gets your own team to distance itself, it also gets other teams to think twice about taking a chance on you when your contract does expire.

I just don’t understand why these players seem to think this stuff is a good idea? I guess it works sometimes for premier players. Usually though, it doesn’t. Lindsay isn’t Watson. He’s not a generational athlete who can get away with making demands and calling out the team. He’s an UDFA undersized RB who can be successful when healthy in the right scheme. I know he’s worked hard to get where he is and I know he’s a local boy fan favorite but I honestly don’t think the Broncos will suffer much without him. RBs, as everyone keeps saying, are a dime a dozen.

Yup like I said he’s talking way too much for me. If he knows better he should shut up with this media blasting of his coaches.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Two things can both be true. Phil is both misused and not built like a pounder which can cause damage. Neither of which Phil refuted.

I watched Him with mouth agape to be run repeatedly into the teeth Of the defense. I hope this team can figure it out or if not may he end up with a OC who will use him accordingly and watch y’all pull each other part in disgust on his success. This guy is the one of the few true gamers And winners on this team.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Yup like I said he’s talking way too much for me. If he knows better he should shut up with this media blasting of his coaches.
    Hey running backs you only get 3 years to make your money in the nfl. And take the beating of 4 head on collisions per game. But shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    **** Lindsay.

Bye Felicia.
    Whoa whoa whoa take it easy on the kid!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information