Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1254

Thread: Off Season Moves

  1. #1216
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Alexander Johnson
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Besides Mahomes, how many of these first round QBs are actually panning out around the league for the teams that drafted them? There has been a lack of recent success. People will criticize Carolina for getting Darnold, but at 23 years old with NFL experience maybe the Panthers got major value.

    Sticking with Lock through the struggle of last year and maybe acquiring Bridgewater (at the right price) might be the way to go. If Lock can't win a competition against a Bridgewater or Alex Smith type guy, then his career won't be very long anyways.

  2. #1217
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    15,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Besides Mahomes, how many of these first round QBs are actually panning out around the league for the teams that drafted them? There has been a lack of recent success. People will criticize Carolina for getting Darnold, but at 23 years old with NFL experience maybe the Panthers got major value.

    Sticking with Lock through the struggle of last year and maybe acquiring Bridgewater (at the right price) might be the way to go. If Lock can't win a competition against a Bridgewater or Alex Smith type guy, then his career won't be very long anyways.
    He would never beat out Alex Smith. Sorry. Not because he's so much better, only because of his experience and would look much more polished naturally.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  3. #1218
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Alexander Johnson
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    He would never beat out Alex Smith. Sorry. Not because he's so much better, only because of his experience and would look much more polished naturally.
    Alex Smith's body cannot hold up for a season anymore. Haskins began the year as a starter ahead of Smith, and actually was the one to lose his job due to injury and immaturity rather than Smith winning it. Smith was actually 3rd string at multiple points in the year. Lock would definitely win the job over Smith, and if he didn't it would be major cause for concern.

  4. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:


  5. #1219
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    11,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Alex Smith's body cannot hold up for a season anymore. Haskins began the year as a starter ahead of Smith, and actually was the one to lose his job due to injury and immaturity rather than Smith winning it. Smith was actually 3rd string at multiple points in the year. Lock would definitely win the job over Smith, and if he didn't it would be major cause for concern.
    Ron Rivera has publicly stated in an interview I heard on Sirius that Haskins was given the job over Smith which Rivera disagreed with (not his guy). He didn’t earn it. That was one of the reasons they got rid of him so quickly when they decided to go back to Smith. Rivera neither liked nor wanted Haskins in the first place. I think it was already decided by Rivera that Haskins would be given a very thin, very short rope to hang himself and instead of trying to develop him, they wanted him to fail so they could get rid of him.


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  6. #1220
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    12,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Besides Mahomes, how many of these first round QBs are actually panning out around the league for the teams that drafted them? There has been a lack of recent success. People will criticize Carolina for getting Darnold, but at 23 years old with NFL experience maybe the Panthers got major value.

    Sticking with Lock through the struggle of last year and maybe acquiring Bridgewater (at the right price) might be the way to go. If Lock can't win a competition against a Bridgewater or Alex Smith type guy, then his career won't be very long anyways.
    Cleveland
    Buffalo
    Arizona
    Baltimore
    San Diego
    Houston?
    Cincinnati

  7. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:


  8. #1221
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Every day it seems more and more like the intent is to try to get a QB in the draft and keep tabs on veteran options in the event we fail. And quite honestly, I think it's one of the top 5 or bust. Nothing after that really moves the needle enough to provide competition or hope for the future.
    Top 4.

    **** Mac Jones, Broncos already have that guy.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Free Isaiah Wilson!

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Trill Williams CB. TJ Vasher WR. Jaelan Phillips EDGE. Javonte Williams RB. Josh Ball LT.

  9. #1222
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    11,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Top 4.

    **** Mac Jones, Broncos already have that guy.
    Thoughts on Jamie Newman? Seems to have all the goods. Worth a look on day 2?


    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

  10. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:


  11. #1223
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Thoughts on Jamie Newman? Seems to have all the goods. Worth a look on day 2?
    I like him as QB5 in this draft, I like what I’ve read about him. Great talent but I’d prefer him in the 4th though.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Free Isaiah Wilson!

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Trill Williams CB. TJ Vasher WR. Jaelan Phillips EDGE. Javonte Williams RB. Josh Ball LT.

  12. #1224
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    #58
    Posts
    25,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Thoughts on Jamie Newman? Seems to have all the goods. Worth a look on day 2?
    Definitely has the tools...but needs a ton of work. 4th round sounds about fair for him

  13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:


  14. #1225
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Alexander Johnson
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Cleveland
    Buffalo
    Arizona
    Baltimore
    San Diego
    Houston?
    Cincinnati
    Too early on Arizona, Cincy, and San Diego to call. If Kyler misses the playoffs again, is he Marcus Mariota? If Cincy has years of mediocrity, are we talking about Burrow like Darnold? Mayfield made the playoffs this year, but it took the team finally giving him some blocking and a real offensive coach. The last two years prior, Mayfield was talked about as not worth the number 1 pick.

    Lamar has work to do developing as a passer in Baltimore, so could easily have a Kaepernick/RG3 type career where he is hot early, but falters when the hits add up and the game requires him to become a pure passer. Buffalo is in a similar situation, but I think both organizations are taking steps to provide them the surrounding talent at key positions to keep them on the field. I'll say these two are actually solid situations.

    You're giving way too much credit to these QB situations. Buffalo and Baltimore are the only two organizations there that are better bets than not to make the playoffs next year. But 10 year QB situations? The reality is most likely only one of these teams, if any, will have the same QB starting for them in 8 years.

    The only QBs still starting for their same team now since the 2013 season are Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, and Aaron Rodgers. Add 2014? Derek Carr. If you keep going, 2016 Dak Prescott? 2018 Mahomes took over (Not even going to get into Watson...). The numbers aren't lying here.

  15. #1226
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    12,048

    Default

    Ask yourself this...would you be mad if either of them were your QB? The real answer will probably tell you all you need to know.

  16. #1227
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Alexander Johnson
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Ask yourself this...would you be mad if either of them were your QB? The real answer will probably tell you all you need to know.
    If this team missed the playoffs again, yes. If all of these teams across the last decade were so "not mad" with their QBs, why aren't they still there? Your question is bogus.

  17. #1228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    If this team missed the playoffs again, yes. If all of these teams across the last decade were so "not mad" with their QBs, why aren't they still there? Your question is bogus.
    There teams haven’t been missing the playoffs other than Watson and murray is still too young on a roster that isn’t good enough yet.

  18. #1229
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    24,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    There teams haven’t been missing the playoffs other than Watson and murray is still too young on a roster that isn’t good enough yet.
    Can you just type like you have a southern accent. Real hard southern draw.


    Say "Them teams havent been missing the playoffs other than watson and murray is still too young on a roster that isnt good enough yet."




    I can handle the run ons and whatnot but the there thing for some reason is Extremely annoying.
     
    made you look haha

  19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:


  20. #1230
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Jeudy
    Posts
    27,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Can you just type like you have a southern accent. Real hard southern draw.


    Say "Them teams havent been missing the playoffs other than watson and murray is still too young on a roster that isnt good enough yet."




    I can handle the run ons and whatnot but the there thing for some reason is Extremely annoying.
    *ain't'nt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Harris View Post
    "If you go out and you ball, the Broncos will take care of you."

  21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

    SR

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Broncos' Pat Bowlen high on off-season moves, but more work to be done
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 10:40 AM
  2. Broncos WR Eddie Royal moves on from trying season
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group