Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Never mind after looking at Boone’s tape he absolutely is an upgrade over Lindsay and he’s bigger and fast and he plays special teams. Having Boone and Gordon will be great. I wish Lindsay the best but when you can replace him with a guy who has more talent and ability and plays special team’s and for a fraction of what Lindsay wants you have to make this move! Boone is a guy who will explode with more touches IMO.
    If you think Boone is an upgrade over Lindsay, I question whether or not you have watched Lindsay's tape or Boone's tape. If Boone was truly an upgrade over Lindsay, the Vikings would have leaned on him more last year. Mattison was the guy making the big plays on change of pace downs, not Boone.

No, seriously, what tape were you watching? What stats are you looking at? https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BoonMi00.htm vs. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...L/LindPh00.htm To say he is an UPGRADE? Surely, you cannot be serious.

I guess I should just start giving hot takes about how the Broncos should take Trevor Lawrence in the 7th round too, because in a world where Mike Boone is an upgrade over Lindsay he will probably be available at the end of the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    If you think Boone is an upgrade over Lindsay, I question whether or not you have watched Lindsay's tape or Boone's tape. If Boone was truly an upgrade over Lindsay, the Vikings would have leaned on him more last year. Mattison was the guy making the big plays on change of pace downs, not Boone.

No, seriously, what tape were you watching? What stats are you looking at? https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BoonMi00.htm vs. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...L/LindPh00.htm To say he is an UPGRADE? Surely, you cannot be serious.

I guess I should just start giving hot takes about how the Broncos should take Trevor Lawrence in the 7th round too, because in a world where Mike Boone is an upgrade over Lindsay he will probably be available at the end of the draft.
    I'm fairly convinced the "tape" he watches is youtube highlights.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Broncos showed Lindsay respect with the original-round tender

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...l-round-tender
    I just have to wonder what offense his skills translate best to? I’m really not trying to bag on Lindsay here because I respect the hell out of him and love how he plays... but....

He’s a 2 down runner. He comes out on 3rd down because he’s not the best receiver or pass protector. In those 2 downs, you pretty much have to feed him the rock because of the above reasons. People are harping on the KC “knowing how to use him” BS and that’s hot garbage. He wouldn’t get a sniff in KC because he can’t catch and can’t pass protect. They throw more than just about anyone else. He’d instantly be the #3 RB and get less carries and touches than he does in Denver. His only real use in the KC offense would be to bring him in on 3rd and long for a draw play here and there in hopes he could bust a big run when the defense goes man to man and blitzes. He’s not even a good screen RB.

I guess we’ll get to see what his market really is, but that scathing, and honest Twitter critique that was previously posted about him is, I believe, what most teams see in him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm a huge fan of PL the guy and the story. All that being said, yeah, that twitter thread seems accurate. Defenses are able to key on him whenever he's in whether it's keying in on the run or targeting him with a blitz as they know he doesn't pick it up well.

I don't think we can replace the things that make PL a fan favorite easily. He is explosive, he works harder than probably anyone, he's a motivator, etc. but can we get someone who can catch better out of the backfield, pick up the blitz, not tip off the D to what the play is by their mere presence?

Probably, yes. There remains a chance Phil is still with this squad, we do get right of first refusal after all and nobody has made him an offer yet so it's definitely possible. That being said, I don't see his usefulness going up here. If those limitations from twitter are truly what Shurmur, Vic, and George see then there's not a lot of use for him.

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Oh boy!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Oh boy!

Interesting. I don't see how it's best for anyone unless he and his agent don't believe he'll get an offer anywhere better than the tender would pay him so maybe teams won't even offer him?

That's all I got.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

This youtube guy calls himself an NFL analyst and claims that Lindsay's passing game woes are a false narrative.

It was pre-2020 season and didn't age well. However the film is great--a bunch of the crap we are hitting on (both sides, the good and bad) is lined up.

My takeaways:

(1) OC did't make a *concerted* effort to establish Lindsay as a designated pass-catcher
    (2) Lindsay doesn't have great chemistry with Lock (yet?)
    (3) Lindsay's smaller catch radius makes it slightly more difficult for a QB
    (4) Lindsay must fix the drops, period
    (5) Lindsay can catch a catchable football
    (6) Lindsay in space is a legit weapon and it feels really wrong that's not the #1 priority of the offense, especially given how defenses modify their plan when PL is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Free to sign anywhere...this should get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Interesting. I don't see how it's best for anyone unless he and his agent don't believe he'll get an offer anywhere better than the tender would pay him so maybe teams won't even offer him?

That's all I got.
    More like...he opened his mouth calling out Schurmer's shit offense so see ya, kid. We weren't going to get a pick out of it and Broncos didn't want to keep him with his feelings on the offense, easy out for both sides. Funny how a shitty offense can't find use of talent. If Gordon is the #1, we can't find 10-15 plays where Lindsay could help? I call bs.

14. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    More like...he opened his mouth calling out Schurmer's shit offense so see ya, kid. We weren't going to get a pick out of it and Broncos didn't want to keep him with his feelings on the offense, easy out for both sides. Funny how a shitty offense can't find use of talent. If Gordon is the #1, we can't find 10-15 plays where Lindsay could help? I call bs.
    He had 12 rushes+targets a game this season, so he was given the chances right in that range you suggested. I just don't think he's a fit for the offense we want to run and I'm not sure his talent warrants bending the offense for his skills. Ultimately I do think this is the best move for both sides.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

He had 12 rushes+targets a game this season, so he was given the chances right in that range you suggested. I just don't think he's a fit for the offense we want to run and I'm not sure his talent warrants bending the offense for his skills. Ultimately I do think this is the best move for both sides.
    I'm talking this coming up season, a stuttering offense can't use talent??? It's horse shit. You're right though, it had reached it's capacity due to bad feelings. Just going to be funny when the Chiefs or Patriots grab him. I hope he flips Schurmer and his ego the bird on his way to an end zone.

The offense we're running sucks.

This offense? Yea, it sucks. Attachment 18445

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I'm talking this coming up season, a stuttering offense can't use talent??? It's horse shit. You're right though, it had reached it's capacity due to bad feelings. Just going to be funny when the Chiefs or Patriots grab him. I hope he flips Schurmer and his ego the bird on his way to an end zone.

The offense we're running sucks.
    I honestly think he'd be a terrible fit on KC with them being the most pass heavy offense in the league. A more run heavy team with a running QB like the Pats could be more of a fit though.

I honestly think he'd be a terrible fit on KC with them being the most pass heavy offense in the league. A more run heavy team with a running QB like the Pats could be more of a fit though.
    He's in the same shoes as their little guys and much cheaper. They get use out of their little guys.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

I think the statement "Boone is an upgrade over Lindsay" is defensible.

Boone is a more complete player and every bit as athletic as Philip Lindsay. I love Lindsay - I have no motivation to trash him on his way out of town... I wish him well. But he's a one-dimensional player and with his frame that is tough. The fact that Boone can pass block and play special teams is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

That's all I got.
    If no team would have matched the Broncos tender for ~$2 million per year, then he'd come back to Denver at that price. I think Phil went to his agent and said he doesn't want to end up here in a crowded backfield with Gordon, Boone and Freeman where he likely has no opportunity to win the starting job. And I think Denver did him a courtesy and likely didn't want him back anyway. And so it goes...

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information