Page 88 of 115 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1716

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Saw an article from SI with GB trading Love to Den. idk if there is any truth to that, but this would please me greatly. I find SI to be a joke.
    I have to assume the cost would be too high on that since he was just a 1st round pick last year. That said, most of the "hypothetical" rumors I've seen about Love involve the Patriots. But who knows?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Saw an article from SI with GB trading Love to Den. idk if there is any truth to that, but this would please me greatly. I find SI to be a joke.
    Would be difficult to translate the value. The only precedent that comes to mind would be Brett Favre? He got taken in the 2nd, then traded for a mid first the next year. Broncos would have to give up pick number 9 to get Love, which honestly for the Packers might not be a bad deal.

I think it's much more likely that Bridgewater comes here with no pay cut, and the Panthers send us a pick in the 4th or 5th to pick up the salary similar to the Oz trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Ok...I'll play along. Which QB...either FA or possible trade or even draftable...is going to come in and immediately offer that "baseline competency" to push Lock? If not veterans that have had at least some level of success already, then who? It's not going to come from Jones, Lance or Fields right away...so who?

The whole argument about having a Bridgewater or Minshew is about having something that is at the very least competent and capable whether Lock fails or if he does well and simply gets injured...again.
    I’m not the one saying they need to bring someone in, I’m literally saying the opposite (unless that player has talent). But ... Lance and Fields are better prospects, they have baseline NFL talent dripping out of their pores. Believe what you want but that’s reality.

I understand your argument for Bridgewater and Garbage, what I’m trying to get you to understand is the reality that if Lock fails the last ****** thing the Broncos need is Bridgewater and Garbage ... if they turn out to be what you say they offer they literally serve zero purpose.

You’re making the argument that one of them can come in a “win” a few games, I get that, the reality is THAT is the last thing the Broncos need if Lock fails.

The Broncos “won” 5 games and because of that they have a slim chance of landing the QB they need ... like Lance or Fields. You may think Bridgewater or Garbage can be the answer or that “you play to win the game” (barf!) but the odds are so infinitesimal that it renders this debate nothing more than unnecessary brain damage.

The smart move is landing Lance or Fields, or ride and die with Lock, you don’t have to like that but it’s reality.

I’m not buying the argument that Bridgewater or Garbage is a smarter move than Fields or Lance, that’s obscured. And If the 9ers are stupid enough to trade three 1’s for the right to replace Garopolo with Mac ******* Jones then I say the NFL community probably isn’t buying that argument either.

Chances are overwhelming that Bridgewater and Garbage are not the answer, so they are as pointless as a screen door on a submarine.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Also, if Lock “needs to be pushed” then just draft his replacement now and get it over with.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Love story is driving by gambling site and no inside information.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’m not the one saying they need to bring someone in, I’m literally saying the opposite (unless that player has talent). But ... Lance and Fields are better prospects, they have baseline NFL talent dripping out of their pores. Believe what you want but that’s reality.

I understand your argument for Bridgewater and Garbage, what I’m trying to get you to understand is the reality that if Lock fails the last ****** thing the Broncos need is Bridgewater and Garbage ... if they turn out to be what you say they offer they literally serve zero purpose.

You’re making the argument that one of them can come in a “win” a few games, I get that, the reality is THAT is the last thing the Broncos need if Lock fails.

The Broncos “won” 5 games and because of that they have a slim chance of landing the QB they need ... like Lance or Fields. You may think Bridgewater or Garbage can be the answer or that “you play to win the game” (barf!) but the odds are so infinitesimal that it renders this debate nothing more than unnecessary brain damage.

The smart move is landing Lance or Fields, or ride and die with Lock, you don’t have to like that but it’s reality.

I’m not buying the argument that Bridgewater or Garbage is a smarter move than Fields or Lance, that’s obscured. And If the 9ers are stupid enough to trade three 1’s for the right to replace Garopolo with Mac ******* Jones then I say the NFL community probably isn’t buying that argument either.

Chances are overwhelming that Bridgewater and Garbage are not the answer, so they are as pointless as a screen door on a submarine.
    I want someone who "can win a few games" if Lock is doing well and gets hurt for a game or 2. I understand the "suck for luck " philosophy, but there are other things to consider when looking for depth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I want someone who "can win a few games" if Lock is doing well and gets hurt for a game or 2. I understand the "suck for luck " philosophy, but there are other things to consider when looking for depth.
    That’s different and I agree but Lock isn’t there yet.

This is where I point out that Case Rypien is 1-0 in this scenario, and you don’t have to give up a draft pick for him (or any other QB like him).
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

That’s different and I agree but Lock isn’t there yet.

This is where I point out that Case Rypien is 1-0 in this scenario, and you don’t have to give up a draft pick for him (or any other QB like him).
    Against the worst team in football...and still tossed 3 ints.

9. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

And 2 more were dropped (well, Jeudy stole one from the DB and another was dropped).

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah when you put it like that it sounds bad.

It was actually the 2nd worst team and it Should have been 5 Int’s, just sayin he won.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah when you put it like that it sounds bad.

It was actually the 2nd worst team and it Should have been 5 Int’s, just sayin he won.
    Just saying Tebow won!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    And 2 more were dropped (well, Jeudy stole one from the DB and another was dropped).
    Jets were so bad they couldn't even win the Lawrence sweepstakes. That's next level ish.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

There’s only about 5” of facial hair and 3” of denim Jorts separating Rypien from Garbage.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Just saying Tebow won!
    Tebow hates ‘Merica!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

There’s only about 5” of facial hair and 3” of denim Jorts separating Rypien from Garbage.
    5” of mullet, my man. And it’s glorious to behold!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information