Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

If we use some of the cap space to sign Fuller, all is well and I can be excited about the defense.

2. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Boone is the special teams back up running back meathead morons love. **** that. I want players. This is a mistake. Not rolling with your best players is organizational incompetence. This is bad. I’m sorry, but the last 48 hours has really pissed me off. We already have one of the worst QBs in the league and now they decided one of our best offensive weapons is completely expendable, and they certainly didn’t do shit to even remotely try to utilize him during the season anyway. This team is rudderless, from ownership on down.
    Mo I love your football takes but you have a blind spot for Lindsay. He regressed this year, flat out. You can blame the coaches all day, but the coaches didn't drop half the passes thrown his way or continually miss blocking assignments, or get stuffed on over half his runs or miss over 1/3 of the season due to injury. If your evaluation of him is correct that he's this this inexpendable playmaker, teams should be tripping over themselves to sign him, right? I just don't think the offense will miss him whatsoever.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Nothing like replacing a guy who got you 3,000 yards and 18 TDs with a guy that produced 400 yards and 4 TDs. Derp.

Also reminds me of the complete hole left by Julius Thomas at tight end. Not even a first round draft pick has filled that hole.
    I partially agree, I just wanted to point out that Julius never achieved after he left here. He had a total of 12 (5, 4, 3) TDs over three more seasons before retiring, he had 24 w/ PFM in 2013 and 2014 (12 each).

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Boone is the special teams back up running back meathead morons love. **** that. I want players. This is a mistake. Not rolling with your best players is organizational incompetence. This is bad. I’m sorry, but the last 48 hours has really pissed me off. We already have one of the worst QBs in the league and now they decided one of our best offensive weapons is completely expendable, and they certainly didn’t do shit to even remotely try to utilize him during the season anyway. This team is rudderless, from ownership on down.
    Man ain’t no arguing with a Lindsay fanatic. You got it bro.....

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I don't think Lindsay last year or even part of year 2 is the same runner from year 1. I wont pretend to know every factor that went into this decision. I do know however Paton wants backup RB's and offensive players to play special teams though, which Lindsay does not. I am also pretty confident that Lindsay made whatever issues he and Shurmur had worse. So that's never a good. I also know he missed some blatant pass blocks and had some key drops in key moment's that stand out from last year as well as some very bad runs. I didn't see the same vision last year he had in year 1 or the start of year 2....A case can also be made this is absolutely about money, and we weren't ever going to give him a long term contract because doing that for RB's just doesn't make sense for teams right now. We gave him a 1.3 mil pay raise and after productive conversations probably about usage and fit and special teams they amicably parted ways.
    Lindsay was done the minute he bashed his coach, whether shurmer is here or not you can’t have that! Whether it’s true or not you just can’t do it man. You don’t go on the radio and bash your coaches.

Lindsay never really forgave the broncos anyway for passing on him all 7 rounds, he said he didn’t even want to play for Denver after they passed on him in all 7 rounds and that Denver one the main team he wanted to stick it too. Now he’ll get his chance for however long it last for him which won’t be long. Free agency started Monday and Lindsay has yet to receive the huge deal he was looking for.

Good luck to him aslong as he doesn’t end up on a rival!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Man ain’t no arguing with a Lindsay fanatic. You got it bro.....
    Sorry but this is too ironic coming from the president of the Lock fan club.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Sorry but this is too ironic coming from the president of the Lock fan club.
    Oh really? If Lock is replaced I won’t act like it’s the end of the world and take it out on the replacement like folks are doing with Boone whose going to prove to be very good with a increased role.

I’m a big time Fields fan and Lance is growing on me too, both of them won’t be available at 9 but if they were and we drafted one of them I’d surely be expecting the replacement of Lock and be fine with it. I’m not going to lose my shit over the inevitable. Lindsay has started breaking down and he’s bashing coaches in public..... wtf?

However it’s obvious after hearing Paton during that introduction that Lock is there plan for this year. And if one of the top QBs fall in his lap he just might take that guy and even then he’d sit behind Lock minimum a year.

I’m not just blindly telling you guys that Lock is the guy it’s just what the lack of signing a QB says and what Paton says. If you listen to the man you’d know he’s not about to replace Lock just to replace him. You literally have people here mentioning alex smith. Andy Dalton name was thrown around, the Colts guy... all these mediocre guy’s and Paton was never going to do any of that. Also now that Watson has been exposed by the Texans for having masseuses grab on his meat that trade is dead. Watson is not going anywhere for atleast another year.

He might as well be prepared to sit out!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

“We’ve evaluated all the quarterbacks,” Paton said, via Mike Klis of KUSA. “We like Drew Lock. We have a plan in place and there’s free agency, there’s the draft, there’s trades, there’s a lot of ways to acquire a quarterback. Fortunately, we have a quarterback here and we have a nice quarterback room. We do want to bring in competition. We are not going to force it.”
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...g-to-force-it/

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This seems reasonable. Keeping their eyes open for an upgrade or competitior if it comes along, but won't force it if they can't find the right guy.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    If we use some of the cap space to sign Fuller, all is well and I can be excited about the defense.
    Doing this opens up the draft. Instead of focusing on a CB (all of which I feel are overrated), we can look at a guy like Parsons or Barmore or trade back a little for a guy like Moehrig.

Fixing the secondary in FA just opens up a lot of draft flexibility

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Doing this opens up the draft. Instead of focusing on a CB (all of which I feel are overrated), we can look at a guy like Parsons or Barmore or trade back a little for a guy like Moehrig.

Fixing the secondary in FA just opens up a lot of draft flexibility
    Broncos likely to pursue CB Kyle Fuller, who’d make Denver a Top-5 defense

https://milehighsports.com/broncos-l...top-5-defense/

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Yup watched it live and once I heard that it was confirmed for me

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Broncos likely to pursue CB Kyle Fuller, who’d make Denver a Top-5 defense

https://milehighsports.com/broncos-l...top-5-defense/
    If they land Fuller and have Parsons drop to them at pick 9...damn

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If they land Fuller and have Parsons drop to them at pick 9...damn
    Now that would be some scary defense there.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information