Page 55 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    So there are down to one healthy TE, one recovering one and bunch of camp bodies.
    Maybe were going after Pitts lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    We don’t know why James opted out, maybe he had the right reasons.
    The opt out was his right, the questions around his injuries and willingness to play stuff was there far before COVID......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Stoked about Kjax. as well. Nasty secondary now......certainly good to see......if our D stays healthy its top 10 easy probably even top 5.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Paton is the real deal man, bringing Kareem back was awesome! I swear we are one elite backer away from having a complete defense! On offense it’s in the quarterback hands because we have talent across the board there. If we get good quarterback play out of our quarterback we should definitely be a playoff team! Of course we gotta stay healthy first and foremost though.

6. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Paton is knocking it out of the park. Our defense is going to be full-on nasty!

I just hope Lock can take the next steps. I think he can, but that's just hope.
    Have to give Elway his props for the hiring of Paton. Glad to see Paton thus far trying to shed the horrible way of negotiating that Elway did. I can’t recall the fanbase heaping so much praise on a Broncos GM since Elway brought in Demarcus Ware and Aqib Talib.

Hopefully Paton will hit a home run with the upcoming draft. He’s off to a great start!

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

All he has to do is draft a great linebacker and get Mac Jones and the draft would be considered great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    All he has to do is draft a great linebacker and get Mac Jones and the draft would be considered great.
    I'll pass on Mac Jones. I thought he could be a hot 2nd tier qb in this draft but all previews of him, he lacks elite arm strength. This would be a downgrade
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    I don't know how overreaching by drafting Barkley 2.0 in rd 1 is considered a great draft, That's the complete opposite of a great draft

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

All this excitement and hoopla for Paton seems a bit premature. As it stands, we pretty much have to win this year or start the process over again next year. As good as we look now, I think some people fail to realize what free agency looks like next year.

Chubb, Miller, Fuller, Callahan, Jackson, Gordon, Johnson, Sutton, Patrick, Dawson, Freeman, Jewell...all free agents after this year. Secondary and LB HAS to be the focus in this draft because we aren't resigning them all.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    All this excitement and hoopla for Paton seems a bit premature. As it stands, we pretty much have to win this year or start the process over again next year. As good as we look now, I think some people fail to realize what free agency looks like next year.

Chubb, Miller, Fuller, Callahan, Jackson, Gordon, Johnson, Sutton, Patrick, Dawson, Freeman, Jewell...all free agents after this year. Secondary and LB HAS to be the focus in this draft because we aren't resigning them all.
    Paton didn't draft Lock and has no control over how good he is. As far as what he can control, he's knocked it out of the park so far in terms of setting Lock up as well as possible to succeed.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Paton didn't draft Lock and has no control over how good he is. As far as what he can control, he's knocked it out of the park so far in terms of setting Lock up as well as possible to succeed.
    I agree...but it's only set up for this year...not next year

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Secondary and LB HAS to be the focus in this draft because we aren't resigning them all.
    and right tackle, unless you like calvin anderson. . . gonna need another RB, as well. . . still, i think paton has done all you could expect up to this point, under the circumstances. . . i would assume they'll pick up the 5th year option on chubb, and hopefully signing sutton to an extension will be a priority. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I hope it was said somewhere else, but as a fan I appreciate Kareem coming back on a discounted deal. Too often now, GMs get all of this credit for signing X player or cutting X player's salary and saving the team money, but in Kareem's case I'm glad he took a few days, looked at the market, and decided to come back and play for this team again. Kareem is a guy who leaves his heart and soul on the field, always giving great effort. I'm so glad he is back. If this secondary can stay healthy (big IF), they are every bit as talented as the No-Fly Zone.

And if not? Ojemeudia can step up and ball out for whoever goes out. Fangio's staff has done a great job at developing corners, but obviously you cant win football games when you have to scheme your entire secondary around compensating for mismatches against guys like Julio/Diggs. Julio got shut down, but no-names got to run up their stats because Matt Ryan isn't a complete dummy. Diggs got to run wild. Fuller and Darby should be able to hold their own.
    Last edited by UnderArmour; 03-24-2021 at 11:09 AM.

20. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I hope it was said somewhere else, but as a fan I appreciate Kareem coming back on a discounted deal. Too often now, GMs get all of this credit for signing X player or cutting X player's salary and saving the team money, but in Kareem's case I'm glad he took a few days, looked at the market, and decided to come back and play for this team again. Kareem is a guy who leaves his heart and soul on the field, always giving great effort. I'm so glad he is back. If this secondary can stay healthy (big IF), they are every bit as talented as the No-Fly Zone.

And if not? Ojemeudia can step up and ball out for whoever goes out. Fangio's staff has done a great job at developing corners, but obviously you cant win football games when you have to scheme your entire secondary around compensating for mismatches against guys like Julio/Diggs. Julio got shut down, but no-names got to run up their stats because Matt Ryan isn't a complete dummy. Diggs got to run wild.
    It makes me think back to the Chris Harris Jr. deal... I think it was reported that we offered him somewhere around $10-11/year midseason and he turned it down. Then he ended up going to LAC on a deal for ~$7 mil. If things weren't so fractured in the locker room and with his relationship with Elway - we probably could have gotten him back on that discounted deal, but I think all parties were ready to move on...

You contrast that with Kareem - and while I think this is the best he could probably do on the market - it at least speaks to the players' desire to come to Denver and buy into what they're building. The difference between rising stock and a falling stock.

22. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I'll pass on Mac Jones. I thought he could be a hot 2nd tier qb in this draft but all previews of him, he lacks elite arm strength. This would be a downgrade
    Brady and manning didn’t have elite arm strength either.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information