Page 45 of 115 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    That didn’t stop you from enjoying every minute of the Tebow Error.
    And when we had a viable upgrade I was the first in line to cheer it on. Literally bought a Manning jersey before the ink on his contract dried. I'm the wrong guy to use this argument on.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, my enjoyment of the Tebow era had nothing to do with him being a "good guy". In fact, I find that part of his persona more annoying than anything. And if you want a more recent example, I cheered "good guy and fairytale story" Lindsay right out the door. Couldn't give less of a shit about any of that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Broncos won Back-to-Back SB’s

“Yeah but Romanowski was such a bad person”— No One Ever
    Romo was a football fanatic. Terrible example

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Sure he does, he’s the bullshit fairytale y’all are clinging to ... personified.
    Every other guy who made it with less god given talent than this Wilson dude is the proof I’m clinging too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

The Broncos should have nothing to do with someone like Wilson... Remember Shanahan's bright idea to draft Maurice Clarrett in the 3rd round, and how the guy showed no desire whatsoever to show up to do the work? That's pretty much Wilson so far in his career. If Isiah Wilson wants to come to a group open tryout and workout for a training camp spot, sure. There has been absolutely nothing about his NFL career thus far to suggest that he is willing to work. Teams don't just cut their first round picks like that, especially not in a critical position like Tackle. If there was literally any way, whatsoever, that the Titans thought they could have salvaged Wilson's career, there is no way that they would have traded him after his guarantees were already voided.

The Dolphins gave him a chance. He showed up late to his physical. They offered him help to get his life on track. He turned them down. He showed up late to basic HR onboarding. The Dolphins wanted him to come to voluntary workouts to get to know his teammates and give the team a chance, he no-showed. If he doesn't want it, the Broncos organization won't be able to make him want it. Giving him an opportunity if his agent responds to an open tryout, and he shows up ready to work? Sure. Seeking him out and offering him even a "prove-it" deal? Hell no. He's in a spot in his career where he needs to get it together, and he needs to be the one booking workouts to prove himself, not the other way around.

7. The Following 10 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

True dat, BUT..

Rod Smith, Ed McCaffery, Terrell Davis, and so on were not first round picks either. Sometimes its just a matter of luck and chemistry to make a team work.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Holy shit! Jaded going full Jaded in this thread. LOL.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

and the 12th most important guy on the roster was a big part of it!

romo was garbage, he can f** off. . .
    Lol you **** off too. Romo was awesome. Ok the spitting incident. Whatever. Bad moment. Romo the player? C'mon.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

13. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Lol you **** off too. Romo was awesome. Ok the spitting incident. Whatever. Bad moment. Romo the player? C'mon.
    Romo would have never survived the spitting incident were it 20 years later. He would have been banned for life.

Conversely, if Deshaun Watson had done his masseuse thing 20 years ago, it would have been laughed off as "boys will be boys" and been a one-day story.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

15. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Romo would have never survived the spitting incident were it 20 years later. He would have been banned for life.

Conversely, if Deshaun Watson had done his masseuse thing 20 years ago, it would have been laughed off as "boys will be boys" and been a one-day story.
    It was 1997. The world was a different place. I don't believe he spit at him because he was black, he got frustrated from taunting in a bad loss.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It was 1997. The world was a different place. I don't believe he spit at him because he was black, he got frustrated from taunting in a bad loss.
    It wouldn't matter the intent. Even if he tweeted a spit at a black player, his career would be over.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Take the social commentary, football related or not, to P&R.

Not having it in here, period.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Dav

If basic discussion cannot take place, then the very purpose here has.been compromised. Were taking about one of the dirtiest players in recent memory. It's not a political thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Now I get why so many people have left the board.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

It wasn't just that incident, but a pattern of behavior that's even worse then I realized before I looked for a link that mentioned the incident he was involved in when he was with the Raiders.

Bill Romanowski says he once threw a microwave at a teammate

The linebacker spent 16 years in the NFL and his rap sheet of altercations includes, but is not limited to: crushing teammate Marcus Williams' eye socket with a punch during a scrimmage, kicking Larry Centers in the head, spitting in J.J. Stokes' face, throwing a ball at Bryan Cox's crotch and countless fines for helmet-to-helmet hits.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...d18j7c7esi6xkg
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

22. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information