Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I doubt he will sign up for a paycut - but they might be able to move some money around to later years... I at least appreciate that Elway said they hope he retires as a Bronco this offseason.
    "Restructure" I think is the right word.

He should, and I hope he does.

Under no circumstances should we get rid of Von killer. He’s a bronco through and through. He should retire a bronco. Maybe we should ask for a restructured contract but if he says no we shouldn’t cut him. The guy still has a lot in the tank he’s just ran into that injury bug but I think he’ll be ready this year. The last thing we need is to be weak at corner and then weak at rushing the passer

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Only way Von leaves Denver is in a trade for Watson or the investigation things turns up something legit. Otherwise he is staying. He might get asked to restructure a little by taking a bonus or turning some things into incentives but I don't think Von will be that mad about it. He is still a great player good for 10-12 sacks at a min. His contract isn't that bad. Maybe a little expensive but when the FA options to replace him are people like Clowney you keep the guy! We really don't have a lot of bad money contracts necessitating the need to cut him out there except for the James contract and James is going nowhere. If I'm Paton the last thing I do is make us weaker at edge for a hypothetical draft pick or FA on a team that's usually pretty damn good on defense. I think he runs it back with Von and KJax picking up the options. Casey I think will be cut to free up more Money for contracts for Harris and Simmons. Even after those deals we have plenty of cap space to sign draft picks and some FA's.

We have about 37 mil in cap space right now without Casey being cut. Cutting him gives us a extra 11 mil. That would give us almost 48 mil in cap space and that's with Von and Kjax already taken into account. We are sitting very pretty with regards to the cap. I think people are overthinking the Von thing. Heck it Wouldn't even surprise me to see Casey stick around and us pay Harris as well. Casey is under contract till 2022 if I'm not mistaken.....A Casey, Purcell, Harris DL with Dre in rotation is beastly.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 02-11-2021 at 03:39 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

It’s already been proven that there’s nothing to the investigation other than some text messages regretting that he got a stripper pregnant smh. If you could be fined or suspended for that then he should for being stupid trying to wife a stripper smh.

I also don’t think we should cut Casey. I think he has a year or two of good football left in him, this defense takes a step forward if Casey can stay healthy which nothing in his career says that he won’t be! The guy has been durable his entire career so I’m chalking last year up at a fluke injury, last year was just one of those years where damm near everyone got hurt for us. Won’t be that unlucky next year! Can’t wait to get healthy and just have one more great draft and free agency.

7. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Under no circumstances should we get rid of Von killer. He’s a bronco through and through. He should retire a bronco. Maybe we should ask for a restructured contract but if he says no we shouldn’t cut him. The guy still has a lot in the tank he’s just ran into that injury bug but I think he’ll be ready this year. The last thing we need is to be weak at corner and then weak at rushing the passer
    Denver was 9th in the NFL in sacks during the 2020 season with 42. Without Von Miller. Without any player hitting double digits.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    A Casey, Purcell, Harris DL with Dre in rotation is beastly.
    And Malik Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Denver was 9th in the NFL in sacks during the 2020 season with 42. Without Von Miller. Without any player hitting double digits.
    Right now add a HOF pass rusher to that and you’ll have quarterback running for there lives. Von cannot just be thrown out the picture.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Right now add a HOF pass rusher to that and you’ll have quarterback running for there lives. Von cannot just be thrown out the picture.
    My point is that, at this point, he is a luxury more than a necessity where in the past he was a necessity.

In 2019 WITH Von Miller, Denver finished the season with 40 sacks and were 18th in the league.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

That’s fine, but he is a bronco through and through and we still need him, push those sack numbers up to 60 plus sacks with the attention he’ll get for the guys we have that’s up and coming. Our sacks came in waves last year it wasn’t a thing where we was constantly blazing team’s.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    56m
    Landow sends off his top two assistants to promotions elsewhere. #9sports https://instagram.com/p/CLKisUiA_Q_/

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    1h
    Earlier today, Broncos replaced Lomando with Pierre Ngo, formerly with the Bears. But now one more opening. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    1h
    Loren Landow's strength & conditioning tree is spreading. Broncos' strength assistant, Cedric Smith, is getting hired by Cowboys to be their head assistant strength coach. Earlier, Broncos assistant strength coach Anthony Lomando became Chargers head strength coach. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    2h
    Fangio has filled 3 coaching assistant openings this offseason and all three are up-and-coming diversity candidates. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    3h
    Broncos moved quickly to fill their strength & conditioning coach opening by hiring Pierre Ngo. He replaces Anthony Lomando, who took head strength job w/Chargers.
    Well-regarded Ngo, who will be assistant to Broncos strength coach Loren Landow, spent past 6 yrs w/Bears. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That’s fine, but he is a bronco through and through and we still need him, push those sack numbers up to 60 plus sacks with the attention he’ll get for the guys we have that’s up and coming. Our sacks came in waves last year it wasn’t a thing where we was constantly blazing team’s.
    He's a great player, would definitely make the defense better, and I agree that he should stay a Bronco. But that's my point, the Broncos don't "need" him anymore. The Broncos won't get 60 sacks in 2021 and neither will any other team. In 2015 they had 52 and that was one of the best defenses to ever be on the field with two of the best pass rushers ever in Von and Ware.

Also last season the sacks didn't really come in "waves" like you said. Weeks 1-4 were up and down, but after that it was pretty consistent for the rest of the season.

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Ryan O'Halloran
    @ryanohalloran
    ·
    15m
    #Broncos sign DT Isaiah Mack.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    56m
    Landow sends off his top two assistants to promotions elsewhere. #9sports https://instagram.com/p/CLKisUiA_Q_/
    I am surprised the S&C coach is that well-regarded. The Broncos have had more injuries than most. Goes to show that sometimes numbers don't tell the whole story, sometimes it's just bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:

Default Running into questions: Who will Broncos feature at running back?

Lindsay plans to adopt 'different approach' after tough year

some things from article:

Lindsay finished with 502 yards on 4.3 per carry and one touchdown in 11 games, his season undermined by toe and knee issues. Lindsay and Gordon did not complement each other well for a number of reasons. For it to work, Lindsay needed to serve as the first and second down back with Gordon used on third down given his prowess as a receiver and blocker.

"This year I am going to take a different approach. I was in battle mode. Everything caught me off guard with my teammate Melvin coming in. You can burn yourself out like that," Lindsay said. "I am going to push myself mentally in different ways. I will get my mind tightened back up, my eyesight and peripheral tightened up. You can overdo a lot of things. When it’s time to play, play. When it times to rest, enjoy your family. I think I am going to have a calmer approach wherever it’s at."

"Everybody knows I can run inside well. But come on now, I am 190 pounds, I can’t sit there and run up the middle 24/7. That’s just not my style. I have all this speed and have great vision and I am person who can accelerate anytime. I need to be put in a position at times where you can get the pulling guards, you can get the screens, the draws. That stuff right there accelerates a running back, especially my type of running back. I am not sitting here saying you have to give me 25 carries. It’s about the type of carries you give a running back," Lindsay said.
    full article - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...t-running-back

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information