Page 81 of 115 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1716

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it's a totally valid point. . . i'm probably just gun-shy after watching the broncos bungle the QB position so many times. . .
    It's ok, Elway can't hurt you anymore.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    yea, but i don't want my relationship with paton to get off on the wrong foot! i am scared, and i need slim to hold me. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

it's a totally valid point. . . i'm probably just gun-shy after watching the broncos bungle the QB position so many times. . .
    We all are

i tend to think they'd like to get one of the top QB prospects if they can, and i'm not sure how to feel about it. . . i totally understand the appeal of adding talent at the most important position, but i don't love the way it's setting up. . . IMO, if they take a rook (other than possibly lance), it's almost inevitable that they'll end up forcing him into the lineup by the end of october. . . and if they don't win-- which is pretty much par for the course with rookie QBs, see herbert and burrow last year-- they'll end up firing fangio, and the whole retarded OC carousel will spin yet again, and they'll bungle the kid's development. . . i kinda feel like paton should connect lock and fangio at the hip-- let 'em sink or swim together. . . give drew a legit shot to develop, and hold off on drafting another QB until you're ready to pair him with a new head coach. . . it's better to get those two on the same timeline, instead of constantly changing significant parts every single off-season. . .
    Im with you until rook QB starting early. I do not see it. OR- let me rephrase. If I am Paton. I start lock unless the rook just completely shows out! (doubtful even if its fields whom I want). So I would let both get reps and see if rookie can push Lock, or on the longshot beat him. If he cannot, that is okay, we ride with Lock unless he just plays like dogshit. I have this feeling he will not. I am not sure he breaks through the ceiling into a top QB but I do think he plays well. If he breaks through then we have a solid rook for trading or whatever else. If lock does not, then it is rookie time. He will need time to learn but he will get there and get better. Then we dump,bakcup, trade lock.

In any event it is a good problem to have. The only thing is to not play the rookie because he is a rookie. That is the mistake. Taking a page out of Joe Sakics book. The avs are the best team I have ever seen assembled. However, he does not bring anyone to active roster (hockey dif than football in that regard) unless they can actually play better.

I think Paton has to do the same thing. Draft Fields (Only QB I want in the first), but ONLY play him if he is clearly better than Lock. If not, he sits. Thats how it is. If he is close to lock and lock is in a down streak, he does not play. It is only when he is better!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well wait....

That JeudyHamler guy on here said they were bringing in Teddy to backup lock. Not compete.
    I never said we was bringing in anybody. Don’t make crap up on me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Hey look, an actual Off Season Move --

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

Who the F is this guy?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I like the move as a rotation guy.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Who the F is this guy?
    Guy who plays the run pretty damn good and can get you a sack or two. Solid depth guy rotation guy

13. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

He'll give guys a breather on running downs...that's about it

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I guess this is encouraging that Paton doesn't want to overpay... But hard to really get much of a read when the reports have us sniffing around every QB deal.
    I think Paton is actually playing this quite well. He said from the beginning that we’d, “be in on every deal”. People want a scoop so much they’re willing to post articles, videos, podcasts, and tweets every time Paton picks up the phone or even looks in the direction of a QB not named Lock. The league is so down on Lock as being a terrible QB that the Broncos must find a replacement for while giving guys like Darnold and Bridgewater the benefit of every doubt, that I don’t think they can see the forest for the trees.

Paton is a value shopper. He’s like those guys on that reality show kicking the tires on anything of any value before walking away when the price gets too high. He’ll window shop any sale and see what the going rate is. Yeah, he was in on Stafford, and Wentz, and Darnold, and probably inquired about guys like Bridgewater and even Garopollo and every other QB with starting experience when it oooked like they might be available. How many QBs has Denver been supposedly linked to this offseason as “potential” targets? We haven’t pursued any of them seriously.

Now, by process of elimination, we’re essentially the only real suitor for Watson. We’ve held on to our extra cap space and haven’t overpaid on FAs. Watson, like Von a month ago, is facing a legal issue and Payton won’t act until it’s resolved. If Watson’s case concludes with no criminal charges, I expect to be the front runner in a trade for him. Also, by standing pat on the QB situation we’ve put ourselves in position to either take a QB in the first round or get draft capital and trade back for someone who wants the guy that falls to 9. I don’t think us drafting a QB at 9 buys us anything in 2021, though. Shurmur is still the OC and he WILL NOT run some gimmicky RPO/read option offense for a rookie QB just to make them comfortable. Nobody in this draft will be able to come in and take the job from Lock after 2 years in the system and familiarity with his receivers and Oline. Lock will win the job unless it’s just handed to the rookie. The rookie will struggle in the system and we’ll be right back to changing coaching staffs all over again.

Or, we can just roll with Lock and actually give a talented player the proper time to develop into a starting QB who, as we got to see in the SD game, can compete in a shootouts in the AFC West, especially when backed by the best defense in the division and possibly a top 5 defense in the league. Yeah, bringing in a guy to be a backup is something to pursue because with Driskell or Rypien, we likely lose most games if Lock does get hurt, but bringing in a vet to “compete” that doesn’t make this team instantly better would be a HUGE mistake. Moves like that just divide the locker room. Gotta ask yourself, and I think Paton does this, “How does bringing in Bridgewater make this offense better?” If the answer is, “it doesn’t it just makes it different”, then it’s not worth it.

I’m happy to sit back and wait to see the grand plan unfold before our eyes. Paton is doing just fine so far.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following 9 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I think Paton is actually playing this quite well. He said from the beginning that we’d, “be in on every deal”. People want a scoop so much they’re willing to post articles, videos, podcasts, and tweets every time Paton picks up the phone or even looks in the direction of a QB not named Lock. The league is so down on Lock as being a terrible QB that the Broncos must find a replacement for while giving guys like Darnold and Bridgewater the benefit of every doubt, that I don’t think they can see the forest for the trees.

Paton is a value shopper. He’s like those guys on that reality show kicking the tires on anything of any value before walking away when the price gets too high. He’ll window shop any sale and see what the going rate is. Yeah, he was in on Stafford, and Wentz, and Darnold, and probably inquired about guys like Bridgewater and even Garopollo and every other QB with starting experience when it oooked like they might be available. How many QBs has Denver been supposedly linked to this offseason as “potential” targets? We haven’t pursued any of them seriously.

Now, by process of elimination, we’re essentially the only real suitor for Watson. We’ve held on to our extra cap space and haven’t overpaid on FAs. Watson, like Von a month ago, is facing a legal issue and Payton won’t act until it’s resolved. If Watson’s case concludes with no criminal charges, I expect to be the front runner in a trade for him. Also, by standing pat on the QB situation we’ve put ourselves in position to either take a QB in the first round or get draft capital and trade back for someone who wants the guy that falls to 9. I don’t think us drafting a QB at 9 buys us anything in 2021, though. Shurmur is still the OC and he WILL NOT run some gimmicky RPO/read option offense for a rookie QB just to make them comfortable. Nobody in this draft will be able to come in and take the job from Lock after 2 years in the system and familiarity with his receivers and Oline. Lock will win the job unless it’s just handed to the rookie. The rookie will struggle in the system and we’ll be right back to changing coaching staffs all over again.

Or, we can just roll with Lock and actually give a talented player the proper time to develop into a starting QB who, as we got to see in the SD game, can compete in a shootouts in the AFC West, especially when backed by the best defense in the division and possibly a top 5 defense in the league. Yeah, bringing in a guy to be a backup is something to pursue because with Driskell or Rypien, we likely lose most games if Lock does get hurt, but bringing in a vet to “compete” that doesn’t make this team instantly better would be a HUGE mistake. Moves like that just divide the locker room. Gotta ask yourself, and I think Paton does this, “How does bringing in Bridgewater make this offense better?” If the answer is, “it doesn’t it just makes it different”, then it’s not worth it.

I’m happy to sit back and wait to see the grand plan unfold before our eyes. Paton is doing just fine so far.

Now your cooking and making great sense and points

19. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Now your cooking and making great sense and points
    *your’are
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I will never forgive Elway for bringing Flacco here.....Ever! That pain will last for a lifetime
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

22. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I will never forgive Elway for bringing Flacco here.....Ever! That pain will last for a lifetime
    Worst free agent acquisition in Broncos history.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information