Page 80 of 115 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1716

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm starting to catch a little BridgewaterMania, how bout y'all?

Anyone else feel the BM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm starting to catch a little BridgewaterMania, how bout y'all?

Anyone else feel the BM?
    Boo this man! BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

3. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

It makes zero sense to get and pay Bridgewater that contract. Were better off trading up in the draft for Lance or Fields if we need a QB that bad its still cheaper as well.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

5. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I guess this is encouraging that Paton doesn't want to overpay... But hard to really get much of a read when the reports have us sniffing around every QB deal.

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My take on this is that Paton isn't super high on Lock, but doesn't see most of the QBs who have moved this offseason as being that much better, so he's sniffed around to see who he could get on the cheap, but isn't going to overpay for someone who might not be that much better of an option than Lock. I really wouldn't be surprised at all if he's trying to move up in the draft at this point.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    My take on this is that Paton isn't super high on Lock, but doesn't see most of the QBs who have moved this offseason as being that much better, so he's sniffed around to see who he could get on the cheap, but isn't going to overpay for someone who might not be that much better of an option than Lock. I really wouldn't be surprised at all if he's trying to move up in the draft at this point.
    Yes, I appreciate that he's taking an opportunistic approach... That beats overpaying for guys like Case Keenum and Joe Flacco because you're panicked...

At this point it seems like drafting a QB is getting more and more likely - whether it's a 1st rounder or second day guy.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yes, I appreciate that he's taking an opportunistic approach... That beats overpaying for guys like Case Keenum and Joe Flacco because you're panicked...

At this point it seems like drafting a QB is getting more and more likely - whether it's a 1st rounder or second day guy.
    I'm guessing Stafford is probably the guy he really wanted of the guys who have moved so far but that price got a little out of control.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

I guess this is encouraging that Paton doesn't want to overpay... But hard to really get much of a read when the reports have us sniffing around every QB deal.
    Well wait....

That JeudyHamler guy on here said they were bringing in Teddy to backup lock. Not compete.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I see zero chance we bring in Teddy at that contract number. That would have to get reworked.

Adopted Bronco:

Every day it seems more and more like the intent is to try to get a QB in the draft and keep tabs on veteran options in the event we fail. And quite honestly, I think it's one of the top 5 or bust. Nothing after that really moves the needle enough to provide competition or hope for the future.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is my take too. There isn’t one left that is appreciably better than Lock. My guess is that Paton was originally all in on Watson until the legal troubles. Still might be. Don’t feel he plans to move up either. Just stick with Drew this season and stack the defense. If Watson becomes available later, then he’ll try and get him.
    Last edited by Traveler; 04-07-2021 at 02:56 AM.

18. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i tend to think they'd like to get one of the top QB prospects if they can, and i'm not sure how to feel about it. . . i totally understand the appeal of adding talent at the most important position, but i don't love the way it's setting up. . . IMO, if they take a rook (other than possibly lance), it's almost inevitable that they'll end up forcing him into the lineup by the end of october. . . and if they don't win-- which is pretty much par for the course with rookie QBs, see herbert and burrow last year-- they'll end up firing fangio, and the whole retarded OC carousel will spin yet again, and they'll bungle the kid's development. . . i kinda feel like paton should connect lock and fangio at the hip-- let 'em sink or swim together. . . give drew a legit shot to develop, and hold off on drafting another QB until you're ready to pair him with a new head coach. . . it's better to get those two on the same timeline, instead of constantly changing significant parts every single off-season. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i tend to think they'd like to get one of the top QB prospects if they can, and i'm not sure how to feel about it. . . i totally understand the appeal of adding talent at the most important position, but i don't love the way it's setting up. . . IMO, if they take a rook (other than possibly lance), it's almost inevitable that they'll end up forcing him into the lineup by the end of october. . . and if they don't win-- which is pretty much par for the course with rookie QBs, see herbert and burrow last year-- they'll end up firing fangio, and the whole retarded OC carousel will spin yet again, and they'll bungle the kid's development. . . i kinda feel like paton should connect lock and fangio at the hip-- let 'em sink or swim together. . . give drew a legit shot to develop, and hold off on drafting another QB until you're ready to pair him with a new head coach. . . it's better to get those two on the same timeline, instead of constantly changing significant parts every single off-season. . .
    On the other hand...if you can get a QB you like and he proves capable...it could save Fangio and progress could continue. So many variables in play here. It truly is a game of roulette.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ^^
    Amen.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    On the other hand...if you can get a QB you like and he proves capable...it could save Fangio and progress could continue. So many variables in play here. It truly is a game of roulette.
    it's a totally valid point. . . i'm probably just gun-shy after watching the broncos bungle the QB position so many times. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information