Page 7 of 115 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

I’m still in the get Watson camp if becomes available or just ride with Drew another season. So for this upcoming season, DEN either lands our real QBOTF or they get the opportunity to add more pieces to the defense.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Seems to me Paton is not a believer in Lock. Just by the way he's in on the Stafford deal and Watson too.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

I’ll also say this: If we were to somehow get Watson, Shurmur’s days are numbered as the OC. He just hasn’t shown he can adapt his scheme to a QB’s strength IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    He’s a number 3 overall franchise draft pick who the Jets are donesies with after 3 seasons. He’s shown zero promise. And regressed his 3rd year with single digit td’s and double digit int’s. If the j. E.t. S. Jets jets jets are throwing him in the garbage can how the hell is he an upgrade for us?
    I think it's possible that no QB could have succeeded there. Lawrence is probably giddy he isn't going there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    He’s a number 3 overall franchise draft pick who the Jets are donesies with after 3 seasons. He’s shown zero promise. And regressed his 3rd year with single digit td’s and double digit int’s. If the j. E.t. S. Jets jets jets are throwing him in the garbage can how the hell is he an upgrade for us?
    I think it's possible that no QB could have succeeded there. Lawrence is probably giddy he isn't going there.
    I was of the belief he would have stayed at Clemson if NYJ were 1.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Some pretty cutting analysis from Stink here. I'm a little more optimistic than him, but it's hard to argue too much with the substance of his critique.

Let us start here: The Denver Broncos are at least three good years of roster building away from being truly competitive. After four-straight losing seasons, a fancy new quarterback like Deshaun Watson seems like the easiest way to get back on the winning track. For this team, it’s not.

I called three Broncos games this season, against the Buccaneers, the Saints and the Bills. Denver was routed all three times. What stood out preparing for those games, then calling them, was how weak the Broncos talent was compared to other teams I had examined.

Four of the Broncos five starting offensive linemen are deficient, their athletic tight end isn’t a complete football player and their two rookie receivers led the league in drop percentage. And that’s just the offense. Broncos Country, this isn’t a group that’s simply a quarterback away.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Some pretty cutting analysis from Stink here. I'm a little more optimistic than him, but it's hard to argue too much with the substance of his critique.

Yikes that is a brutal take

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He watched the Cowboys last year right? All that talent around him and they could barely move the ball.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Probably one of the few times i would disagree with Stink here. For starters, Denver was one of the most depleted teams in terms of injury. The only other competitor was SF in that regard.

Secondly, replacing a 2nd year QB whom we really dont know if he is the future or not with a guy who put up big numbers on a bad 4-12 team would most certainly change things drastically for us.

Despite our record the defense kept us in most games and had we been healthy with a Deshaun Watson at the helm i seriously doubt we get routed by the teams he mentions. Maybe we win those maybe we dont but there is a vast contrast of play from Lock to Watson, its really not rocket science there.

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Probably one of the few times i would disagree with Stink here. For starters, Denver was one of the most depleted teams in terms of injury. The only other competitor was SF in that regard.

Secondly, replacing a 2nd year QB whom we really dont know if he is the future or not with a guy who put up big numbers on a bad 4-12 team would most certainly change things drastically for us.

Despite our record the defense kept us in most games and had we been healthy with a Deshaun Watson at the helm i seriously doubt we get routed by the teams he mentions. Maybe we win those maybe we dont but there is a vast contrast of play from Lock to Watson, its really not rocket science there.
    Yeah, I mean I think any team in the NFL is 3 years away -- that's basically as long as a rebuilding period gets, then you get into player turnover, coaching turnover, etc. So he's basically saying that we're one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'm not sure that I agree with that, it seems a little overly harsh -- but then again, when you compare us to the elite teams this year - we weren't even close.

So what difference does it really make if we're the 20th best team or the 32nd best team - we're no closer to competing with the top 5 teams. In that regard, I see where he's coming from.

On a different note, if he's right about us being 3 years away, then we should cut Von Miller and move on this year. Will be interesting to see how Paton views it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

typical stink sour grapes-- i'm not buying it. . . i think we'd instantly vault into the top half of the league with the addition of watson. . . speaking of whom, troy renck has pretty much officially thrown denver's hat in the ring for them. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    typical stink sour grapes-- i'm not buying it. . . i think we'd instantly vault into the top half of the league with the addition of watson. . . speaking of whom, troy renck has pretty much officially thrown denver's hat in the ring for them. . .
    I think you go all in for Watson and figure the rest out later. Nobody has the luxury of assuming that another franchise QB will come along when it's more convenient. Even if we are three years away - you still go get him.

If we can't get Watson, someone like Dalton wouldn't be the worst pairing with Lock. I just don't see any value in starting Dalton over Lock when the red rifle's low ceiling is pretty well established.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I think you go all in for Watson and figure the rest out later. Nobody has the luxury of assuming that another franchise QB will come along when it's more convenient. Even if we are three years away - you still go get him.

If we can't get Watson, someone like Dalton wouldn't be the worst pairing with Lock. I just don't see any value in starting Dalton over Lock when the red rifle's low ceiling is pretty well established.
    yep. . . seriously, compare denver's roster straight across to playoff teams like seattle, chicago, tennessee, etc. . . we're not that far off, outside of QB. . . barring a small handful of elite teams (tampa, KC, green bay, buffalo, the rams with stafford), all the rest of the contenders have holes. . . pittsburgh, indy, and new orleans have questions at QB. . . the titans and raiders have hot garbage defenses, etc. . . with a fangio defense and munchak coaching the OL, denver could patch some holes, and build a pretty exciting squad around watson. . .

most importantly, football would be FUN again! make it happen, donkeys. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yep. . . seriously, compare denver's roster straight across to playoff teams like seattle, chicago, tennessee, etc. . . we're not that far off, outside of QB. . . barring a small handful of elite teams (tampa, KC, green bay, buffalo, the rams with stafford), all the rest of the contenders have holes. . . pittsburgh, indy, and new orleans have questions at QB. . . the titans and raiders have hot garbage defenses, etc. . . with a fangio defense and munchak coaching the OL, denver could patch some holes, and build a pretty exciting squad around watson. . .

most importantly, football would be FUN again! make it happen, donkeys. . .

I don’t like Mark but he’s half way right! The broncos do have some gaping holes in some critical area’s and we are not one quarterback away from being contenders we are a quarterback, linebacker, two corners, and some depth away from being true contenders which you surely won’t get if you trade it away for Watson. You might win a extra game and have 6 wins but we’re not there yet.

I don’t think we’re as bad as he makes us out to be but we did get smoked vs the great teams this year so whatever.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information