Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Which is more important? CB or LB?
    Right now it’s LB, then RT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yes, which is why I was happy he was replaced with a viable starter. Not sure how much clearer I could be on this point.

But yes, speaking of fairytales, please to keep clinging to this fairytale that a guy who has played in 3 games ever, who has been cut by 2 teams that were paying him nothing, and has shown zero interest in playing football would come to the Broncos and magically be set straight and be an all pro player. You want to talk about a fairytale? That's the definition of one.
    Fairytales have no basis in reality, everything I’ve said is true; he’s an All-Pro talent, he costs nothing to bring in.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Broncos ****** up letting Attoachu go.
    i would have been on-board keeping him around for some solid depth, but the price needed to be right. . . i can't find the details of his new contract. . . i know you hate reed, but dude was productive last year. . . this might be the year for denver to go back to the draft for more edge depth-- they need to start grooming von's eventual replacement to give chubb a long-term running mate. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    And...another decent thread completely derailed.
    Derailed how? This is about off season moves.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Probably LB, but...I just dont see us taking a chance on Parsons. With the amount of baggage he brings and the amount of teams that have already dropped him from their board, I think he falls pretty far. Definitely not the high character type of guy that we like to focus on.

That said, I would say safety would be a top priority they way things stand now.
    Parsons character isn’t all what people are making it out to be, we have tried the whole drafting all team captains crap and we’ve ended up with guys like jewel at inside LB who can’t run for shit.

6. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fairytales have no basis in reality, everything I’ve said is true; he’s an All-Pro talent, he costs nothing to bring in.
    All-pro talent based on what? Did I miss the All-pro team he made? Like UA said, if he actually wants to even play football (which he to this point has shown zero indication of) then he can come for a tryout. It makes zero sense for Denver to just throw this guy a lifeline. Again, if you want to be the Raiders and bring in every talented malcontent and win 4 games every year be my guest. I'd rather have players who we can actually rely on to, you know, play football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i would have been on-board keeping him around for some solid depth, but the price needed to be right. . . i can't find the details of his new contract. . . i know you hate reed, but dude was productive last year. . . this might be the year for denver to go back to the draft for more edge depth-- they need to start grooming von's eventual replacement to give chubb a long-term running mate. . .
    I don’t hate Reed, he’s simply not starting material and as much time as the starters miss they need a 3rd starter.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

All-pro talent based on what? Did I miss the All-pro team he made? Like UA said, if he actually wants to even play football (which he to this point has shown zero indication of) then he can come for a tryout. It makes zero sense for Denver to just throw this guy a lifeline. Again, if you want to be the Raiders and bring in every talented malcontent every year be my guest. I'd rather have players who we can actually rely on to, you know, play football.
    Chubb has All-Pro talent and never made All-Pro.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    callahan's also in the last year of his deal, pushing thirty, and has a significant injury history. . . which is why i think there could still be a chance that farley or surtain is in play at #9, especially if the board plays out right. . . depending on what teams really think of parsons, i can see a scenario where the first eight picks are three-four QBs, sewell, and a handful of pass catchers (chase, pitts, waddle, smith). . . i'm definitely not ruling out QB for denver, but that's if lance or fields even make it to 9. . . but if they're gone, who else the donks gonna take? slater, who may be a guard at the next level? reach for an edge rusher, or a second tier OT like darrisaw or mayfield? i suspect that the idea of trading back is gaining traction in the building if they aren't keyed in on a QB. . . gotta get a good offer, though. . . if they don't, it's not so far-fetched to think they could take a corner as the BPA at that spot. . .

we'll see where it goes with parsons, but there are some other guys who could potentially fit nicely into fangio's scheme. . . i'm not so sure where zaven collins will fit best, but the upside is certainly there. . . i do think guys like nick bolton, jabrill cox, or cameron mcgrone could work, and they should be available a little later. . . can't forget right tackle, either-- they haven't re-signed wilkinson as of right now, and somebody's gotta play over there after cupcake james goes on IR again. . .
    I actually think James will play this year and play well in attempt to finesse his way onto another team with another contract, however we must have a back up plan just in case he tanks again. But I really think he’ll show up and play at the level he’s capable of since it’s a contract year for him, aslong as that contract isn’t with the broncos. But we deserve atleast one year of good RT play out of this guy whose done nothing but milk his little injuries

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Chubb has All-Pro talent and never made All-Pro.
    And he's actually shown said talent on an NFL football field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    I actually think James will play this year and play well in attempt to finesse his way onto another team with another contract, however we must have a back up plan just in case he tanks again. But I really think he’ll show up and play at the level he’s capable of since it’s a contract year for him, aslong as that contract isn’t with the broncos. But we deserve atleast one year of good RT play out of this guy whose done nothing but milk his little injuries
    Ya know who’d make a great backup plan? Isaiah Wilson.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

And he's actually shown said talent on an NFL football field.
    Touché
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Question, Jaded: What do you think Denver will be able to unlock in this guy that two other teams couldn't? Why do you think it would be different here? Again, it's a fairytale to think he'd suddenly come to denver and screw his head on straight. He would just be a waste of time, money, and someone else's reps just like in Tennessee and Miami. Let that be someone else's problem.

All-pro talent based on what? Did I miss the All-pro team he made? Like UA said, if he actually wants to even play football (which he to this point has shown zero indication of) then he can come for a tryout. It makes zero sense for Denver to just throw this guy a lifeline. Again, if you want to be the Raiders and bring in every talented malcontent and win 4 games every year be my guest. I'd rather have players who we can actually rely on to, you know, play football.
    Agreed I’m staying far away from Wilson! Anything more than like 1 year at league minimum is uncalled for

Ya know who’d make a great backup plan? Isaiah Wilson.
    For league minimum? Sure but he’s be the 3rd stringer and have to earn his way to a roster spot

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information