Page 46 of 115 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Dav

If basic discussion cannot take place, then the very purpose here has.been compromised. Were taking about one of the dirtiest players in recent memory. It's not a political thing.
    There's clearly a racial component to this discussion when it's said "if he tweeted a spit at a black player his career would be over"

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    It was 1997. The world was a different place. I don't believe he spit at him because he was black, he got frustrated from taunting in a bad loss.
    I tried to find a video that just showed the incident and what led up to it, but the only 1 that didn't include commentary was a 6 second cut that didn't show much of Stokes' provocation. So I went with the 1 that show the incited actions (along with commentary) which is nothing beyond what happens at least once or twice every game. There's no way to sugar coat what he did because it was an extreme reaction to an every game occurrence.

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    There's clearly a racial component to this discussion when it's said "if he tweeted a spit at a black player his career would be over"
    Sorry that the only video that I could find that show the entire incident include political commentary.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Romo was a dirt bag, I'm not saying don't discuss that. I'm saying we don't need to make it about race, any social issues between the 90s and 2020s, etc.

All that belongs elsewhere. People can't help but get silly when those discussions are had, so they're had elsewhere

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Wow. Is this where we are at now? Every sentence of a discussion is policed? GTFOOH

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Wow. Is this where we are at now? Every sentence of a discussion is policed? GTFOOH
    That's your take, my take is that the web is being overrun by people who believe their right of free speech nullifies the rights of those who want to speak about other topics but can't because those who want to force political debate won't allow them to. Yes, you have the right to free speech and I have the right to not be forced to read political speeches. That's why I left P/R.

8. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    That's your take, my take is that the web is being overrun by people who believe their right of free speech nullifies the rights of those who want to speak about other topics but can't because those who want to force political debate won't allow them to. Yes, you have the right to free speech and I have the right to not be forced to read political speeches. That's why I left P/R.
    That's all well and good, but dude made 1 reference to race which was appropriate to the overall discussion. Being scolded for it is petty ish IMO. This board has lost a bunch of folks while I was on my hiatus and simple stuff like this is probably a contributing factor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

That's all well and good, but dude made 1 reference to race which was appropriate to the overall discussion. That's pretty ish IMO. This board has lost a bunch of folks while I was on my hiatus and simple stuff like this is probably a contributing factor.
    So, what you’re saying is your assumption is based on your agenda, not on actually asking the individuals who have left why the left. From what what's been posted by current members who have contact with these former, several of them have left because of how vicious the political debate has become. I'm not going to mention specific names because there have been so many that left for 1 of these polar opposite reasons that I'm afraid that I might mix up which 1 goes in which group. The only 1 that I can say with 100% is Shane who literally ask to be banned when the mod continued to get on him for being the epitome of the grievance I stated in my previous post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Except I have no agenda. Never have. It's just quite offputting to have discussions interrupted when nobody is attacking anyone else. The writer made no comment about his view of race relations in America. When Romo spit 20+ years ago, race was brought up. That's fact. It's not an agenda by the writer. If we are to the point that we can't make historical references than why even bother?

12. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Now I get why so many people have left the board.
    This is a Coca Cola Anti Racist Board now.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The only 1 that I can say with 100% is Shane who literally ask to be banned when the mod continued to get on him for being the epitome of the grievance I stated in my previous post.
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

You act like im the guy that forced Drew brees to put a rapist on his helmet.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Except I have no agenda. Never have. It's just quite offputting to have discussions interrupted when nobody is attacking anyone else. The writer made no comment about his view of race relations in America. When Romo spit 20+ years ago, race was brought up. That's fact. It's not an agenda by the writer. If we are to the point that we can't make historical references than why even bother?
    I’m not accusing you of having an agenda.

We have a place to discuss politics for a reason, we don’t allow it elsewhere for a reason. Slippery slope, etc

Most of the folks that left did so over how ridiculous the political discussions had become and that we couldn’t even talk football without wading through bullshit.

Sorry it offends you but allowing it to go makes things get worse and offends others.

Is what it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

attachou was signed by the bears, and we haven't re-signed eli wilkinson. . . SS, ORT, ILB, and edge depth are all still needs. . . i expect that we could still add some bodies at a few of those spots in the late waves of free agency, but we'll probably look to do the heavy lifting there in the draft. . . which makes sense, as positions like ILB and OT have some depth this year. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Now I get why so many people have left the board.
    Race topics have the tendency to go left real quick is what Dave is getting at. No need for it to go left on the football section

Why would somebody beg to be banned just to stalk the board and create an account when he’s mentioned? Might as well a just stayed lol.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information