Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Odds are in our favor. At that point...even if someone like Will Parks is kept to play the other safety spot...we easily have the best secondary in the NFL.
    Will we? serious question. The pats have a deadly good secondary. I feel like there are another team or two that do as well.

Still, fuller would take me from 6 to midnight all day long!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Will we? serious question. The pats have a deadly good secondary. I feel like there are another team or two that do as well.

Hott

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Rams could have made a claim for that, but Troy Hill just went to Cleveland...so then you can look at Cleveland, but they don't have elite safeties. Green Bay is good, but that's based on Alexander and Amos. New England is overrated in my opinion. Outside of Gilmore and the recently signed Mills, only a 32 year old McCourty is worth mentioning. On paper, does anyone really stack up to Fuller, Darby, Callahan, Simmons? And, Paton said today that the door is still open for Jackson to return if he can't find something better on the open market...which has been RELLY slow for safeties this year.

But if we're out on Jackson, we can still look at a guy like Moehrig in the draft

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Cleared some more space with changing McManus and Purcell contracts/

up to $40M in cap space. Feels like something big is coming.
    $40M? Where are you getting that number from? More like $31-32M should reasonable.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    $40M? Where are you getting that number from? More like $31-32M should reasonable.
    I think it's actually around 29-30...but that could be off a bit before seeing the restructure details.

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Rams could have made a claim for that, but Troy Hill just went to Cleveland...so then you can look at Cleveland, but they don't have elite safeties. Green Bay is good, but that's based on Alexander and Amos. New England is overrated in my opinion. Outside of Gilmore and the recently signed Mills, only a 32 year old McCourty is worth mentioning. On paper, does anyone really stack up to Fuller, Darby, Callahan, Simmons? And, Paton said today that the door is still open for Jackson to return if he can't find something better on the open market...which has been RELLY slow for safeties this year.

But if we're out on Jackson, we can still look at a guy like Moehrig in the draft
    Didn't Cleveland sign Johnson at Safety?

8. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    From here It 35 with deals factored in

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Didn't Cleveland sign Johnson at Safety?
    Yeah...forgot about that. But they still dont have a safety at the elite level of Simmons and don't have 3 solid CB's.

Another thought about the open safety position...what about moving Ojemudia there? He was a LB in high school...has the size...loves to tackle and get physical against the run...better in man coverage than zone...can definitely match up with TE's and RB's..

Might be that we have an answer in house if we don't work something out with Jackson or another FA

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

One thing to remember here, we have this cap space right now because we don’t have a highly paid QB on the roster. That’s the advantage of having Lock right now, he costs next to nothing so we have space to pursue FAs.

I’m happy that it doesn’t seem like Paton is overpaying as of yet. Von’s value is market value, so is Simmons’. I think the Harris deal is team friendly and we haven’t spent more than $10 mil per for any FAs, yet. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Fuller.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    One thing to remember here, we have this cap space right now because we don’t have a highly paid QB on the roster. That’s the advantage of having Lock right now, he costs next to nothing so we have space to pursue FAs.

I’m happy that it doesn’t seem like Paton is overpaying as of yet. Von’s value is market value, so is Simmons’. I think the Harris deal is team friendly and we haven’t spent more than $10 mil per for any FAs, yet. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Fuller.
    Fuller seems like he'd be in that 8-10 mil range as well considering his age. Not an answer that will go longer than 2-3 years max

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

If we sign Fuller, I honestly don't think that disqualifies us from going CB at 9 if one of the top 2 are there. Obviously not the priority anymore but with age and injury history, we can't have too many.

17. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    If we sign Fuller, I honestly don't think that disqualifies us from going CB at 9 if one of the top 2 are there. Obviously not the priority anymore but with age and injury history, we can't have too many.
    Personally, I'd rather go with Parsons at 9 or trade back a little and get Moehrig. Farley and Surtain are good...but just not pick #9 good. My opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Fuller seems like he'd be in that 8-10 mil range as well considering his age. Not an answer that will go longer than 2-3 years max
    I would be completely comfortable with giving Fuller a 3 yr/$30mil deal like we gave Darby. Fuller stays healthy. I really think getting him in this defense will be great for him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

20. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I would be completely comfortable with giving Fuller a 3 yr/$30mil deal like we gave Darby. Fuller stays healthy. I really think getting him in this defense will be great for him.
    Reading that the Colts and Chargers are two others that plan on making a run at him. Seems we offer the best opportunity

22. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Personally, I'd rather go with Parsons at 9 or trade back a little and get Moehrig. Farley and Surtain are good...but just not pick #9 good. My opinion.
    I’m good with just going BPA at 9 if we get Fuller. We’ll need to look at Safety this draft unless K Jax comes back on a lesser deal. Parsons would be great as long as he passes the smell test (off-field / hazing issues). I’d still love to find a good RT that’s more reliable than James. If one of the top 4 QBs falls to us and he’s not in our plans, trade a king’s ransom for him and grab a RT or the best S or Edge rusher later in the first.

24. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information