Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    He's in the same shoes as their little guys and much cheaper. They get use out of their little guys.
    I think we probably got the two best years he'll ever produce and got out before he breaks down. RBs just have such short shelf lives and he's undersized as it is. Maybe a team like KC or NE can carve out a niche for him, but I'll be fairly surprised (and will eat my words if it happens) if he notches another 1000 yard season. I definitely wish him well wherever he goes though. He's still a great story and plays hard. I'm sure someone will find a fit for him, just wasn't here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think we probably got the two best years he'll ever produce and got out before he breaks down. RBs just have such short shelf lives and he's undersized as it is. Maybe a team like KC or NE can carve out a niche for him, but I'll be fairly surprised (and will eat my words if it happens) if he notches another 1000 yard season. I definitely wish him well wherever he goes though. He's still a great story and plays hard. I'm sure someone will find a fit for him, just wasn't here anymore.
    I am just aggravated with the team. But agree with Buff that they did the best a team could do and let him walk to see if there is somewhere out there better for him. Just pissed it couldn't be here. Wasn't what I wanted to read this morning.

3. The Following 7 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You're aggravated because of an emotional attachment to one player. I think letting Lindsay walk is what's best for him and what's best for the team.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    If you think Boone is an upgrade over Lindsay, I question whether or not you have watched Lindsay's tape or Boone's tape. If Boone was truly an upgrade over Lindsay, the Vikings would have leaned on him more last year. Mattison was the guy making the big plays on change of pace downs, not Boone.

No, seriously, what tape were you watching? What stats are you looking at? https://www.pro-football-reference.c...B/BoonMi00.htm vs. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...L/LindPh00.htm To say he is an UPGRADE? Surely, you cannot be serious.

I guess I should just start giving hot takes about how the Broncos should take Trevor Lawrence in the 7th round too, because in a world where Mike Boone is an upgrade over Lindsay he will probably be available at the end of the draft.
    This is pure hyperbole.

I don’t think he’s overrating Boone,, I think you’re overrating PL.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    You're aggravated because of an emotional attachment to one player. I think letting Lindsay walk is what's best for him and what's best for the team.
    Partly. Aggravated by Lindsay and Kjack. Aggravated that we are just letting a lost team lose team leadership. Aggravated that this team doesn't have the depth at nearly any position outside of WR to really make a run for shit. Aggravated that they are fighting for an offensive scheme that is 25th and lower in nearly every damn category there is. Aggravated that this team has sucked balls for 5 years. Just aggravated, SR.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Partly. Aggravated by Lindsay and Kjack. Aggravated that we are just letting a lost team lose team leadership. Aggravated that this team doesn't have the depth at nearly any position outside of WR to really make a run for shit. Aggravated that they are fighting for an offensive scheme that is 25th and lower in nearly every damn category there is. Aggravated that this team has sucked balls for 5 years. Just aggravated, SR.
    If it's a "lost team" did they have leadership to lose?

I would argue if was a lost team, and I believe it was, those "leaders" weren't very good at it.

Another point, the offense has sucked regardless of the OC... Maybe it's at least partly on the talent? I think it's both... Our OL has certainly improved and will be even better this year so I expect to see a much better offense, we shall see...

Adopted Bronco:

I think the counter argument I would make is that we sucked when we were sending KJax and PL out on the field, so we're really not exactly any worse. As far as the scheme goes, we have a VERY young offense and a QB that no one really thinks will ever pan out. We even had to dumb down the playbook for him. So, all I can say is we have new leadership making personnel decisions that are best for the team and if we win 7 games this year...it's technically an improvement. I could understand the anger if we shipped off Chubb and Sutton...but a dime a dozen RB and an aging and expensive safety aren't going to make or break anything right now.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    This is pure hyperbole.

I don’t think he’s overrating Boone,, I think you’re overrating PL.
    I think you're severely underrating PL. Guy was an undrafted rookie, outperformed his deal by an stretch of the imagination, and came in and make a lot of big plays. It's one thing to say "Okay, he's not the guy," "He's not a scheme fit," "I'd rather see Royce get more carries" vs. "he sucks doesn't belong on a roster." Boone won't be in the NFL in 2 years and might not even make the final roster this year. Guys like Boone get cut at the end of every training camp for rookies. Boone is not as good as, and will never be as good as Philip Lindsay in any aspect of the RB position. Boone is a special teams gunner, and if he has to play any significant reps on offense, then this team is in trouble. There is absolutely no comparison between the two... Lindsay has actual accomplishments as an NFL running back and can make plays. Boone hasn't shown that.

The more closely I look at Boone as a back, the more laughable I find any assertion that Boone is somehow an upgrade. Is there any game situation where you would rather have Boone on the field as RB instead of Lindsay? Hell, even when Dalvin Cook went out, the Vikings preferred to activate Abdullah and give him additional carries behind Mattison instead. Boone is not an upgrade by any stretch of the imagination. This does, however, give the Broncos more roster flexibility on gameday. Usually, the special teams gunner has been a safety or a LB.

When people get past their emotions, this was the Broncos doing Lindsay a solid and letting him save-face by not playing a year on a $2 million tender where he would be on the bench. Lindsay was effectively going to be the number 3 RB, and probably having his snaps cut significantly because of his shortcomings in the areas yourself and others have mentioned. Shurmur started to trust Freeman more to spell Gordon, and Freeman had some moments where he looked like a guy that deserved more playing time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I think you're severely underrating PL. Guy was an undrafted rookie, outperformed his deal by an stretch of the imagination, and came in and make a lot of big plays.
    This is all great for the Disney movie they'll make about him but I'm not sure what this has to do with his current standing as a player or a comparison to Boone or anyone else. No one is denying his story is amazing. But you can't let that affect your decision making about him.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think the counter argument I would make is that we sucked when we were sending KJax and PL out on the field, so we're really not exactly any worse. As far as the scheme goes, we have a VERY young offense and a QB that no one really thinks will ever pan out. We even had to dumb down the playbook for him. So, all I can say is we have new leadership making personnel decisions that are best for the team and if we win 7 games this year...it's technically an improvement. I could understand the anger if we shipped off Chubb and Sutton...but a dime a dozen RB and an aging and expensive safety aren't going to make or break anything right now.
    Good counters from you and Davii. I just don't have a lot of optimism. Had it for the last 5 years and it's just gotten worse. My glass is empty. I hope it pans out and we get better. Just not holding my breath.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

This is all great for the Disney movie they'll make about him but I'm not sure what this has to do with his current standing as a player or a comparison to Boone or anyone else. No one is denying his story is amazing. But you can't let that affect your decision making about him.
    Do you cover your eyes every time Lindsay has a big run? As a runner, Lindsay makes game-changing plays. Boone never has. Those big runs aren't "stories," they are actual plays that take place on the football field that swing the momentum of football games. Boone is a special teams gunner and couldn't hold Lindsay's Gatorade when it comes to running the football.

Balancing Lindsay's strengths as a runner with his scheme fit, weaknesses in the passing game, and weaknesses in the interior running game, it is easy to see why the decision was made to mutually part ways. Lindsay was just going to be an insurance policy for Gordon if he got injured or suspended, and possibly could have even been deactivated on gameday depending on how the 53 man roster played out.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Good counters from you and Davii. I just don't have a lot of optimism. Had it for the last 5 years and it's just gotten worse. My glass is empty. I hope it pans out and we get better. Just not holding my breath.
    Still a huge fan, will watch games, etc. but I'm not jumping up and down to spend my money on jerseys, tickets, etc. anymore. I'm right there with you.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Still a huge fan, will watch games, etc. but I'm not jumping up and down to spend my money on jerseys, tickets, etc. anymore. I'm right there with you.
    This is why I buy 80% of my Broncos gear at Walmart. Minimal investment, but still Broncos.

True story: My granddaughter gets frustrated if I'm not wearing anything Broncos related. I've successfully brainwashed her!

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    We need a stable owner in the worst way.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

We need a stable owner in the worst way.
    I'll volunteer, start the GoFundMe.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information