Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season Moves

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    As a Mississippi State fan I'm praying we get Hill. He is such a dynamic playmaker, pretty much single handedly carried that offense. Would be a great fit here.

As for Lindsay, totally agree. Paton knows there isn't a chance anyone gives a 2nd for Lindsay, so why pay the extra million when you don't have to?
    Coach is smart. You're just riding his coattails!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Watered down safety market says his contract wasn't worth it...especially at his age. Plus...there's no saying we can't bring him back anyway on a different deal. And...there are quite a few good safeties in the draft
    He was a top 5 FA safety, the other 4 who were FA's are making around 13 mil and maybe even more with some extensions for Maye, Williams, and Simmons possibly coming. I get his age but its 1 year, If we had someone in house that could step in I get it. If the market was strong I get it, if the draft was strong I get it. Sure there are a couple good prospects but this isn't a impact safety class. Getting rid of impact talent without a viable replacement is just a dumb move. Especially when the so called financial savings aren't that gigantic....and now Denver is willing to pay 30 mil for 3 years to a guy with a poor performance track record and injury history. Its hypocritical big time. We just love overpaying for injured players and avg performers in Denver. With Paton that hasn't changed apparently.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    He was a top 5 FA safety, the other 4 who were FA's are making around 13 mil and maybe even more with some extensions for Maye, Williams, and Simmons possibly coming. I get his age but its 1 year, If we had someone in house that could step in I get it. If the market was strong I get it, if the draft was strong I get it. Sure there are a couple good prospects but this isn't a impact safety class. Getting rid of impact talent without a viable replacement is just a dumb move. Especially when the so called financial savings aren't that gigantic....and now Denver is willing to pay 30 mil for 3 years to a guy with a poor performance track record and injury history. Its hypocritical big time. We just love overpaying for injured players and avg performers in Denver. With Paton that hasn't changed apparently.
    Well...we're paying 30 mil to a 27 year old coming off a really good year. And if we're worried about the injury track record, we can eliminate about 60% of the available free agents at positions of need right off the bat. That's a bit different than the Kareem scenario. The main point is there are other safeties available and most of them are younger and equally talented and not all of them are going to get the 13 mil Kareem was due. Add that to a solid draft class and it's just an educated personnel decision.

And top 5 is being very generous

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Well...we're paying 30 mil to a 27 year old coming off a really good year. And if we're worried about the injury track record, we can eliminate about 60% of the available free agents at positions of need right off the bat. That's a bit different than the Kareem scenario. The main point is there are other safeties available and most of them are younger and equally talented and not all of them are going to get the 13 mil Kareem was due. Add that to a solid draft class and it's just an educated personnel decision.
    I would say a solid year not good, and the history before said good year which happened to be a contract year is much more scary then a 33 year old safety who still performed at a pro bowl level last year. With that being said I do get for Paton it was probably always a Von or Kjax not both kind of thing, but I see our secondary as still a big big issue so far and for a team that has struggled there, that's not a good thing.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I would say a solid year not good, and the history before said good year which happened to be a contract year is much more scary then a 33 year old safety who still performed at a pro bowl level last year. With that being said I do get for Paton it was probably always a Von or Kjax not both kind of thing, but I see our secondary as still a big big issue so far and for a team that has struggled there, that's not a good thing.....
    One thing I find interesting is that pretty much everyone was excited to pay Bouye last year after ONE good season in his repertoire...but paying less for a kid with some injury history is ridiculous. In the end, we needed CB help and despite the injury concern...Darby was probably the best available. Anyone else is 30 or older...or only plays the slot. Let's not forget that Darby was the top DB on the #2 pass defense last year. If he's healthy...he's a bargain.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Personally, I think the plan is to let him sign with another team. Giving him a 2nd round tender would have ensured he stayed here because no one is giving up a 2nd for him and quite frankly...I don't think Shurmur really wants him because he doesn't fit the offense all that well. If he was a better receiver, he'd have more value to the team...but he's not. We'll end up finding another guy in the draft. Kylin Hill is a guy I like in the middle rounds that would be a perfect compliment to Gordon.

Just my 2 cents.
    This thread kind of makes the case that because he is a liability in the passing game, especially in protection - it's made the offense more one-dimensional and predictable in the running game as well because teams can stack the box when he's in the game.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I'd assume Belichick would have much rather had Von than Judon. No way Miami and Dallas wouldn't have made a play either.

14. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This thread kind of makes the case that because he is a liability in the passing game, especially in protection - it's made the offense more one-dimensional and predictable in the running game as well because teams can stack the box when he's in the game.

Mo is going to punch the air reading this.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

You guys are going to make MO get all puffed up! Stop that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

But I was told Paton hates talent based on like 2 moves he made, so this can't be right!
    Wave, sometimes in the heat of the moment we get pissed because a favorite is on his way out and sometimes in the case of Kareem, we're letting one of our best players on D go over a few measly million. KJack is a good safety and a leader, this team is devoid of leadership. We don't know Paton so we go off appearances.
    Last edited by GEM; 03-16-2021 at 10:50 AM.

20. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Wave, sometimes in the heat of the moment we get pissed because a favorite is on his way out and sometimes in the case of Kareem, we're letting one of our best players on D go over a few measly million. We don't know Paton so we go off appearances.
    I get it. I'd just like to see what our team looks like in August before forming too much of an opinion on the guy. And I definitely get that Lindsay is a fan favorite. I just think we're going to find out that the market for him proves his tender the correct one.

I get it. I'd just like to see what our team looks like in August before forming too much of an opinion on the guy. And I definitely get that Lindsay is a fan favorite. I just think we're going to find out that the market for him proves his tender the correct one.
    I'm ok with the Lindsay deal, I'm not ok with the KJack deal. Lindsay wouldn't get a real chance here either way because he doesn't fit OC's offense, so if he goes, it's whatever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Broncos just picked up Miller's option

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trading Jackson for Anthony Harris would be a coup.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 03-16-2021 at 11:28 AM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information