Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is the plan for improving Fangio's gameday management?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Very true!
    I hope we can start to hold the lead at the end of the game.
    We did the game was over and the refs gave them a extra second to kick a 53 yard field goal. Maybe our defense can help Lindsay run for more the 2.8 per carry, or have Flacco throw for more then 5 yds over 30 attempts. Yep that game was the defense and Fangio all the way.....FML
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Very true!
    I hope we can start to hold the lead at the end of the game.
    Maybe when our offense finally helps compliment our defense and we aren't on our 5th string defensive players due to injuries we will......

We finished in 13 IN DVOA the last 2 years Fangio as a HC and his defense isn't the problem in Denver
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

Yeah, the Raiders game last year, the defense did great, they let the raiders score and get the 2 point conversion after fangio called the timeout.
    That wasn't good

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Have Shurmur manage the clock on offense and him on D... or a new Coach in 2022.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I guess many have forgotten that game and the BS roughing call on Chubb or the fact the game was over after Harris tackled Robinson but the ref put a second back on so they could kick a field goal. Man bronco fans do love a revisionist history. Here is the ESPN recap of what actually happened.....This was not a game to put on Fangio he is the one that actually had us in it and made a gutsy call to take the lead......

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401128120
    I'm aware of the screwjob that game was, however it was not the only example of the Defense losing the game, Jacksonville the same year comes to mind (I was in WDW with my family watching that game).

But the Bears game also showed another trend, Fangio get's no respect from the Ref's/League.

But continue to think this season will be any different.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I'm aware of the screwjob that game was, however it was not the only example of the Defense losing the game, Jacksonville the same year comes to mind (I was in WDW with my family watching that game).

But the Bears game also showed another trend, Fangio get's no respect from the Ref's/League.

But continue to think this season will be any different.
    Is there anyone on the Broncos you like?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

First season was extremely tough to watch, because this team was just so close to winning so many games. Second season? Honestly, unless the analytics guy was Mr. Miyagi curing injuries, this team wasn't going to win more than 8 games.

The most questionable decision-making I saw was in the 2nd Raiders game, and it was intentionally bad decision-making to get everyone home early at best, and to secure a higher draft pick at worst. Outside of the Green Bay fiasco against Tampa, this was probably the worst mismanagement in any game the entire season. But, again, as many said at the time, the game didn't matter and winning wouldn't have even been a moral victory. This was a battered team that needed an offseason more than a victory.

I would say if you took that game away, he has made major strides since his first week as head coach. The Falcons game was a bit questionable too, but honestly from the sideline even as the score got closer, I never really got the sense the momentum was ever truly in Denver's favor.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    First season was extremely tough to watch, because this team was just so close to winning so many games. Second season? Honestly, unless the analytics guy was Mr. Miyagi curing injuries, this team wasn't going to win more than 8 games.

The most questionable decision-making I saw was in the 2nd Raiders game, and it was intentionally bad decision-making to get everyone home early at best, and to secure a higher draft pick at worst. Outside of the Green Bay fiasco against Tampa, this was probably the worst mismanagement in any game the entire season. But, again, as many said at the time, the game didn't matter and winning wouldn't have even been a moral victory. This was a battered team that needed an offseason more than a victory.

I would say if you took that game away, he has made major strides since his first week as head coach. The Falcons game was a bit questionable too, but honestly from the sideline even as the score got closer, I never really got the sense the momentum was ever truly in Denver's favor.
    The Titans mishap was arguably more egregious - Vic is still holding on to those three timeouts. The Raiders was laughably bad, and would be doubly so if it wasn't actually advantageous to lose that game.

Moreover, in aggregate he has shown himself to be clueless as it relates to clock management. I just have zero faith that something is going to click for him that didn't click his first 35 years in the league. Whether or not it would have swayed games is kind of a moot point given the rest of the team's struggles -- but moving forward they have to get better.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So, Fangio can learn to hold Mahomie to 22 points in KC but he can’t learn to manage the game better?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Is there anyone on the Broncos you like?
    Why so salty? Our HC and QB both suck. That is really quite an easy point to make. This is a playoff caliber roster except for those two guys.

Nobody can even tell if the Raiders game was intentional or boneheaded Vic being boneheaded Vic ala Titans game.

I didn't create this thread. Maybe pull your head out of your fourth point of contact and take the orange tinted glasses off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Why so salty? Our HC and QB both suck. That is really quite an easy point to make. This is a playoff caliber roster except for those two guys.

Nobody can even tell if the Raiders game was intentional or boneheaded Vic being boneheaded Vic ala Titans game.

I didn't create this thread. Maybe pull your head out of your fourth point of contact and take the orange tinted glasses off.
    Oh boy.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Oh boy.
    He's a real clever dude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He's a real clever dude.
    That's quite the compliment though, assuming your johnson is a 3d point of contact
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information