Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the plan for improving Fangio's gameday management?

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    John Madden? Is that you?
    Lol good stuff

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

The plan is watching him continue to grow as a head coach in year 3.....Fangio is a great coach and is well respected for a reason while he has to clean up some things watching us be competitive for the most part the last 2 years was refreshing. To have us competitive on defense the way he has the last 2 years with all the injuries. To watch teams copy what he did to win a SB's...Were lucky to have him....a few messed up timeouts here and there shouldn't be a showstopper. 3 losing season I understand why we would move on even If I disagree, but timeouts gimme a break lol.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

3. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The plan is watching him continue to grow as a head coach in year 3.....Fangio is a great coach and is well respected for a reason while he has to clean up some things watching us be competitive for the most part the last 2 years was refreshing. To have us competitive on defense the way he has the last 2 years with all the injuries. To watch teams copy what he did to win a SB's...Were lucky to have him....a few messed up timeouts here and there shouldn't be a showstopper. 3 losing season I understand why we would move on even If I disagree, but timeouts gimme a break lol.....
    Yeah, because the Defense was the problem before he got here...We came a whisker away from setting a franchise record for fewest takeaways last season. Had the Raiders not been in a giving mood we would have. And in two seasons, his signature Defensive move has been to lose a game late on Defense! Yes, it was LOL the way he didn't know how to use a timeout. There are only 32 of these jobs still, correct?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    Yeah, because the Defense was the problem before he got here...We came a whisker away from setting a franchise record for fewest takeaways last season. Had the Raiders not been in a giving mood we would have. And in two seasons, his signature Defensive move has been to lose a game late on Defense! Yes, it was LOL the way he didn't know how to use a timeout. There are only 32 of these jobs still, correct?
    You can blame that on 3rd, 4th and 5th and 6th string starters most of the year in fact didn't we have a street FA 7th string guy as a starter at CB at one point.....its fine you don't like him.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

There's a lot of good stuff about our defense these days, the only thing that bothers me a little, is when we have a lead late in the game, it doesn't seem like we hold on and close out the game.

8. The Following User High Fived capt. Jack For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

he's a grown up, let him fix it his damn self. . . if he doesn't, go get doug pederson next year. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he's a grown up, let him fix it his damn self. . . if he doesn't, go get doug pederson next year. . .
    He's proven to be incapable. Get him an analytics guy, make that his sole job, and let Vic focus on what he's good at. Great leaders know when to delegate.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He's proven to be incapable. Get him an analytics guy, make that his sole job, and let Vic focus on what he's good at. Great leaders know when to delegate.
    i don't disagree, but he has to be willing to use the analytics guy. . . also, let's be honest-- if vic's going to just focus on what he's good at, then he should be the DC, not the HC. . . bottom line, he wasn't a great hire, so now they're stuck trying to make the most of a less than ideal situation. . . i'm all in favor of bringing in more analytics people, a clock management expert, or whatever else will help, but the buck ultimately stops with fangio himself. . . i just hope that if elway's going to be involved in hiring the next coach, he learned something from this, and doesn't hire a first time, defenisve-minded guy in his mid-60s over kyle shanahan next time. . . i feel like i'm one of the standard-bearers for the value of continuity, but i'm ready to move on from vic if we don't see some rather significant improvement in overall performance this coming season. . . sink or swim, dude!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

I am hopeful that things will get better this season. I'm thinking the coaches will be better this year, and the team will get more wins this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i don't disagree, but he has to be willing to use the analytics guy. . . also, let's be honest-- if vic's going to just focus on what he's good at, then he should be the DC, not the HC. . . bottom line, he wasn't a great hire, so now they're stuck trying to make the most of a less than ideal situation. . . i'm all in favor of bringing in more analytics people, a clock management expert, or whatever else will help, but the buck ultimately stops with fangio himself. . . i just hope that if elway's going to be involved in hiring the next coach, he learned something from this, and doesn't hire a first time, defenisve-minded guy in his mid-60s over kyle shanahan next time. . . i feel like i'm one of the standard-bearers for the value of continuity, but i'm ready to move on from vic if we don't see some rather significant improvement in overall performance this coming season. . . sink or swim, dude!
    I think we're basically saying the same thing... He doesn't get a pass and we shouldn't treat him with kid gloves... He very much feels like a career Defensive Coordinator -- but he's a pretty damn good d-coordinator -- so is it possible to surround him with enough support to make him successful? Maybe. Maybe not. But we know he needs some help - so let's not make the same mistakes in year 3.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think we're basically saying the same thing... He doesn't get a pass and we shouldn't treat him with kid gloves... He very much feels like a career Defensive Coordinator -- but he's a pretty damn good d-coordinator -- so is it possible to surround him with enough support to make him successful? Maybe. Maybe not. But we know he needs some help - so let's not make the same mistakes in year 3.
    yep, that's fair. . . andy reid sucked at clock management for most of his career, so it's not necessarily a fatal flaw. . . we have seen some good signs from vic, and i'm okay with allowing him to continue to grow in the role-- just as long as we see legit progress. . . however, if lock doesn't make a jump this year, it could end up being a situation where it's just easier to clear the decks completely, and let paton start fresh with a coach who's more suited to develop a young QB. . . or, we could take the "surround vic with the best talent" approach to it's logical extreme, and go get deshaun watson to bail fangio's old ass out. . . after careful consideration, i believe that is the correct answer here. . .

"what are we going to do about fangio's game managerment?" "get deshaun watson."

yea, that works. . .
    - John Elway

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

You can blame that on 3rd, 4th and 5th and 6th string starters most of the year in fact didn't we have a street FA 7th string guy as a starter at CB at one point.....its fine you don't like him.
    That's ignoring what happened in year one, when we managed to lose a game to Mitchell Trubisky with the D on the field and like a 99% win probability. Just one of multiple examples year one. Last year was a lot more incompetence than actually being able to stop teams when you needed to (which we still couldn't really do).

So in summation, he is a bad HC, but an adequate DC who's defenses have a hard time closing out games they should win.

21. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

That game bothered me. It kinda set the tone for his time here.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    That's ignoring what happened in year one, when we managed to lose a game to Mitchell Trubisky with the D on the field and like a 99% win probability. Just one of multiple examples year one. Last year was a lot more incompetence than actually being able to stop teams when you needed to (which we still couldn't really do).

So in summation, he is a bad HC, but an adequate DC who's defenses have a hard time closing out games they should win.
    I guess many have forgotten that game and the BS roughing call on Chubb or the fact the game was over after Harris tackled Robinson but the ref put a second back on so they could kick a field goal. Man bronco fans do love a revisionist history. Here is the ESPN recap of what actually happened.....This was not a game to put on Fangio he is the one that actually had us in it and made a gutsy call to take the lead......

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401128120

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

I guess many have forgotten that game and the BS roughing call on Chubb or the fact the game was over after Harris tackled Robinson but the ref put a second back on so they could kick a field goal. Man bronco fans do love a revisionist history. Here is the ESPN recap of what actually happened.....This was not a game to put on Fangio he is the one that actually had us in it and made a gutsy call to take the lead......

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401128120
    Very true!
    I hope we can start to hold the lead at the end of the game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information