Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Broncos eyeing Mitch Trubisky

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    I’m just going off what the so call insider said. And he said the broncos didn’t want to part with lock or our young core. Which does make sense because who knows what stafford is going to be and for how long. If lock coulda sat behind stafford for a couple years it wouldn’t have hurt.
    Lock was never named as part of the "young core" that Paton didn't want to part ways with. Watson has been in the league one full year longer than Lock, so the age difference is minimal.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

What? There’s no question that if stafford had came here he’d have been the starter, and Lock woulda been the back up. I don’t understand why your lost my friend?
    Lock has been the starter for a season and a half when healthy. It would be detrimental to his maturation process to bring in an established vet to start while sitting Lock on the bench for a couple of seasons to "learn". I can't think of a single time that's happened and worked out for anyone.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

CBS Sports is pushing hard for a Carson-Wentz-to-Broncos deal, including photoshopping Wentz in a Broncos uniform. Not endorsing this, mind you, for the same reasons I don't want Trubiscuit here. Two mediocre qb's do not equal an All-Pro. FWIW, I want to see what Lock can do with all his weapons onboard before pushing him to the discard pile.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    CBS Sports is pushing hard for a Carson-Wentz-to-Broncos deal, including photoshopping Wentz in a Broncos uniform. Not endorsing this, mind you, for the same reasons I don't want Trubiscuit here. Two mediocre qb's do not equal an All-Pro. FWIW, I want to see what Lock can do with all his weapons onboard before pushing him to the discard pile.
    The Broncos wouldn't trade for Wentz unless his contract was shredded and burned before the trade went through.

I like Lock and think he'll do okay for the team and if I was the GM I would tread very lightly on who I bring in to either sit behind or compete with Lock for the starting job. I think Wentz is still a lot better than people give him credit for and I think bringing him in would be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Lock was never named as part of the "young core" that Paton didn't want to part ways with. Watson has been in the league one full year longer than Lock, so the age difference is minimal.
    His name was clearly right there in the post by Klis..... it clearly said Lock and young core.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    They better not go after Wentz. Dude has a huge contract and isn’t even good as of late and often injured. I doubt this talk is real though. Broncos can’t make lateral moves and moves that go backwards. Paton can’t be an idiot wanting to bring in guys like trubisky and Wentz.

The Broncos wouldn't trade for Wentz unless his contract was shredded and burned before the trade went through.

I like Lock and think he'll do okay for the team and if I was the GM I would tread very lightly on who I bring in to either sit behind or compete with Lock for the starting job. I think Wentz is still a lot better than people give him credit for and I think bringing him in would be dangerous.
    Yeah dangerous having a back up making 40 plus million. He wouldn’t beat out Lock he’d just be a cap burden and a distraction every time Lock makes a mistake. I really hope we stay the course and just keep
    Building the roster out via draft and slight free agent pick ups. If Lock fails just imagine the type of team we’d have for the next guy ( granted he’s legit ).

This broncos team with one more good draft has the potential to be scary good aslong as Lock takes the next step. Parson or Surtain would help transform the defense to another level.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yeah dangerous having a back up making 40 plus million. He wouldn’t beat out Lock he’d just be a cap burden and a distraction every time Lock makes a mistake. I really hope we stay the course and just keep
    Building the roster out via draft and slight free agent pick ups. If Lock fails just imagine the type of team we’d have for the next guy ( granted he’s legit ).

This broncos team with one more good draft has the potential to be scary good aslong as Lock takes the next step. Parson or Surtain would help transform the defense to another level.
    The Broncos wouldn't trade for Wentz with his current contract, like I said.

It would be dangerous because people have short memories and forget that Wentz is loaded with talent and has been in an unfavorable situation (for him) in Philly over the last couple of years. He's also had some injuries. If Wentz came to Denver, my fear is that he would beat out Lock in OTAs, TC, and pre-season and take over the starting job. That's why its dangerous if Denver brought him in. Has nothing to do with his contract because no team in football is stupid enough to trade for Wentz with his current contract in place unless they're doing so with 100% certainty that he is their starting QB and future of the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

We don't want Wentz, horrible contract and he apparently doesn't like or do well with tougher coaching styles so right wrong or indifferent he wont mesh with Fangio or Shurmur at all.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

SR

Sam darnold is a guy that I believe still has great potential, I don’t think the jets roster really allowed for him to be successful especially early in his development.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Sam darnold is a guy that I believe still has great potential, I don’t think the jets roster really allowed for him to be successful especially early in his development.
    I agree.

One other thing to watch will be how this Russell Wilson situation in Seattle plays out.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I agree.

One other thing to watch will be how this Russell Wilson situation in Seattle plays out.
    I think there’s absolutely nothing to that. Just like Rodgers. Some sportswriter asks them about their future and the QBs have a little fun with them by saying shit like, “well, that’s up to them”. Then the spin starts that they’re not happy or they want a trade or whatever. It’s complete horseshit. The Seahawks are one of the worst teams in the league without Wilson. Their offensive line is terrible, the running game is lackluster, and their defense is a shell of its former self. There’s less than zero chance they trade Wilson.

The problem is, ever since Watson and Stafford, they’ve started asking every QB about their future with their team and what can/do they say, especially if they just got eliminated from the playoffs? Brady is the only “happy” starting QB right now.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I think there’s absolutely nothing to that. Just like Rodgers. Some sportswriter asks them about their future and the QBs have a little fun with them by saying shit like, “well, that’s up to them”. Then the spin starts that they’re not happy or they want a trade or whatever. It’s complete horseshit. The Seahawks are one of the worst teams in the league without Wilson. Their offensive line is terrible, the running game is lackluster, and their defense is a shell of its former self. There’s less than zero chance they trade Wilson.

The problem is, ever since Watson and Stafford, they’ve started asking every QB about their future with their team and what can/do they say, especially if they just got eliminated from the playoffs? Brady is the only “happy” starting QB right now.
    Maybe, maybe not. His comments left the situation open for some discussion.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information