Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Song/album/band you should love but you hate

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Song/album/band you should love but you hate

For me, most would think that I'd love The Cure. I love Siouxsie. I love Robert Smith's work with Siouxsie. I love all kinds of effeminate male lead vocals. But The Cure just doesn't really move my needle all that much. I almost actively dislike them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Hate's too strong of a word, but it's the Beatles for me. I just don't get it.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ooh good thread. My hot take to submit: Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the worst songs of all time. I hate it so much. Really not a fan of any of Queen's mega hits.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Wow. Wave is now dead to me.

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Wow. Wave is now dead to me.
    I understand I'm in the minority on that take, and it's a hill I'm willing to die on.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wave are you not into Queen at all? I heard some Queen the other day and I was like...wtf this is Queen? Hells yeah. Lemme find it.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

https://open.spotify.com/track/1hIos...TuCP8tvvuin8kw

Stone Cold Crazy.

I also like the Night At The Opera album a lot. I'm not usually into them and I kinda get the Bohemian Rhapsody dis.

(kinda. but Imma ride with Dana and Mike)

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wave are you not into Queen at all? I heard some Queen the other day and I was like...wtf this is Queen? Hells yeah. Lemme find it.
    I admittedly haven't listened to much of their stuff, and it's the mega hits like BR and We are the champions that I really can't stand. I don't deny Freddie Mercury's talent and I'm sure I'd like some of their stuff better that I haven't heard thousands of times, I just really don't like those two songs in particular.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I bet he hates that scene. I bet he hates Mike Myers. Meyers. M'Eyehrs.

I bet he hates America and its bands like Queen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not even sure what band i should or should not like. I guess on some level based on my varied tastes i should like The White Stripes but from what ive heard i cannot get into them.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I bet he hates that scene. I bet he hates Mike Myers. Meyers. M'Eyehrs.

I bet he hates America and its bands like Queen.
    I love America and Austin Powers.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I admittedly haven't listened to much of their stuff, and it's the mega hits like BR and We are the champions that I really can't stand. I don't deny Freddie Mercury's talent and I'm sure I'd like some of their stuff better that I haven't heard thousands of times, I just really don't like those two songs in particular.
    I'm not into them much either tbh. But I think maybe that's objectively wrong.

Sometimes I also reflexively just hate on shit that other people like for no good reason, too.

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not even sure what band i should or should not like. I guess on some level based on my varied tastes i should like The White Stripes but from what ive heard i cannot get into them.
    Have you tried banging your sister first?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdriver View Post
    have you tried banging your sister first?
    lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If you were to start the opposite of this thread I have an answer that would probably offend people more than my Queen take.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information