Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Song/album/band you should love but you hate

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Well let's put it this way, I like some of their songs but I have never been able to make it through a whole album. And as others have said, "hate" is a strong word I just never got the appeal. Layne Staley always sounded like he was bored with his own songs, but I thought the band was talented (RIP Layne!).

I will also add some other 90's bands I don't necessarily "hate" to my list, but I switch the station if they come on:

• Janes Addiction
    • Dave Matthews Band
    • Spin Doctors
    • Hootie and the Blowfish
    • Limp Bizkit

Also I love how people are shocked that bands they like that other people don't care for despite that being the theme of this subjective thread! lol

Honorable mentions even though some people know I can't stand them:
    Bruce Springsteen +1 (though like a few of his tunes)

• Fleetwood ******* Mac
    • Grateful Dead
    • Radiohead the last 10 years or so
    • The ******* Eagles

To be fair, I like some bands that other people absolutely hate (Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, etc.) so whatever! I'm too old to give a shit anymore, and now I understand why my uncles still wear Pink Floyd shirts so get off my ******* lawn!
    FTR i wasnt mad that you dont like AIC or to the degree that some do. I was just surprised.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Well let's put it this way, I like some of their songs but I have never been able to make it through a whole album. And as others have said, "hate" is a strong word I just never got the appeal. Layne Staley always sounded like he was bored with his own songs, but I thought the band was talented (RIP Layne!).

I will also add some other 90's bands I don't necessarily "hate" to my list, but I switch the station if they come on:

• Janes Addiction
    • Dave Matthews Band
    • Spin Doctors
    • Hootie and the Blowfish
    • Limp Bizkit

Also I love how people are shocked that bands they like that other people don't care for despite that being the theme of this subjective thread! lol

Honorable mentions even though some people know I can't stand them:
    Bruce Springsteen +1 (though like a few of his tunes)

• Fleetwood ******* Mac
    • Grateful Dead
    • Radiohead the last 10 years or so
    • The ******* Eagles

To be fair, I like some bands that other people absolutely hate (Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, etc.) so whatever! I'm too old to give a shit anymore, and now I understand why my uncles still wear Pink Floyd shirts so get off my ******* lawn!

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Pretty sure there is a direct correlation of songs and bands being overplayed on the radio or movies or commercials to people’s hatred of them when perhaps they liked them before.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Pretty sure there is a direct correlation of songs and bands being overplayed on the radio or movies or commercials to people’s hatred of them when perhaps they liked them before.
    This is definitely true and I think the biggest reason a band like Nickelback is so hated. You couldn't escape hearing them on every radio station in the early 2000s and I think people just got sick of it. I don't think they are the worst band ever like is the prevailing thought on them now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No, Nickelback is very bad and you should feel ashamed for liking them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    FTR i wasnt mad that you dont like AIC or to the degree that some do. I was just surprised.
    Lol I didn't say you were mad, just shocked (or in your words "surprised"!) I think that is the point of this thread? Like I would be surprised if you didn't like some Metal bands, but I only have a cursory knowledge of some of the bands you talk about so its more interesting when you don't like something I guess. Carry on!

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I think there is definitely some truth to that. I think it was you that mentioned Pearl Jam? I still like them enough, but good lord when I listen to the Lithium station on Sirius XM they are like every 3rd song and I just switch the channel. Used to love Pearl Jam, but I don't actively seek them out in my playlist.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is definitely true and I think the biggest reason a band like Nickelback is so hated. You couldn't escape hearing them on every radio station in the early 2000s and I think people just got sick of it. I don't think they are the worst band ever like is the prevailing thought on them now.
    Nickelback made hit after hit and sold millions of albums. I sure they don't give a shit what people think about them, even if the honest-to-god truth is that they suck!

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I am a big fan of doing the mocking-deep-baritone-cliche-frontman voice when a Hootie or Pearl Jam or Creed or Sound Garden song comes on.

*In deeply serious Scott Stapp voice* -- "Can you taaaake me higggghhhher"

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't know if this is necessarily an unpopular opinion, but it seems like a ton of people like Michael Buble, and I can't effing stand him. I just find his whole "I'm trying to sound like an old school crooner" schtick so obnoxious.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

... and a metric ton of garbage.
    That moment you figure out for yourself that 1.0 metric tons = 1.0 **** tons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't know if this is necessarily an unpopular opinion, but it seems like a ton of people like Michael Buble, and I can't effing stand him. I just find his whole "I'm trying to sound like an old school crooner" schtick so obnoxious.
    If you find his stick obnoxious maybe you should quit him.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think there is definitely some truth to that. I think it was you that mentioned Pearl Jam? I still like them enough, but good lord when I listen to the Lithium station on Sirius XM they are like every 3rd song and I just switch the channel. Used to love Pearl Jam, but I don't actively seek them out in my playlist.
    I so want to reverse rickroll you now--link to Never gon give but it's actually Jeremy.

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Layne Staley always sounded like he was bored with his own songs, but I thought the band was talented (RIP Layne!).

I've probably posted this somewhere before, but not only do I share the name and spelling my first name with Layne Staley, be we share the same birthday too.

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I am a big fan of doing the mocking-deep-baritone-cliche-frontman voice when a Hootie or Pearl Jam or Creed or Sound Garden song comes on.

*In deeply serious Scott Stapp voice* -- "Can you taaaake me higggghhhher"
    Good point. I love when dislike of something approaches vindictive and petty. My personal favorite is mocking songs my wife makes me listen to that I don't like (like Maria Carey and crap) by singing along in the voice of Fred Schneider from the B-52's and interjecting "SO COME ON! And bring - YOUR JUKE BOX MONEY!" at the quiet parts until she hits me which is usually pretty quick.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 01-29-2021 at 02:12 PM.

26. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information