Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Stafford requests a trade

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I think the Lions are laughing all the way to the bank with that trade. The Rams gave up way too much for him.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

and now i see that we couldn't even have gotten him for #9. . .

The Panthers were among several teams vying for Matthew Stafford before the Lions agreed to trade him to the Rams, but the reports of what the Panthers were offering is eye-opening.

Carolina offered up its first-round pick this year, No. 8 overall, and more, according to Albert Breer of SI.com and Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...thew-stafford/

the breer article also says washington was offering a first and a third, and that stafford himself preferred to go to the rams, niners, or colts, in that order. . . i guess nobody is clamoring to play for fangio and shurmur. . .

i give it one more year-- and if those two and lock can't get it turned around, blow the whole thing up, and start over the right way this time. . . with a younger, offensive-minded HC, and let him collaborate with paton to select a QB in the draft. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

the breer article also says washington was offering a first and a third, and that stafford himself preferred to go to the rams, niners, or colts, in that order. . . i guess nobody is clamoring to play for fangio and shurmur. . .

i give it one more year-- and if those two and lock can't get it turned around, blow the whole thing up, and start over the right way this time. . . with a younger, offensive-minded HC, and let him collaborate with paton to select a QB in the draft. . .
    Not sure if its true or not, but I read Stafford was wanting to play somewhere warm or with a dome that would line up with that list. I think its more about securing a nice retirement home (like Brady moving from Boston to Florida like everyone else!) then being on a contender. Stafford knows deep down he doesn't want that pressure. #armchairGM

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Yeah it feels pretty obvious that this is the move at this point. Run everything back, give Paton a year to evaluate everyone, and if he doesn't like what he sees blow it up and rebuild the right way. None of this stopgap mediocre QB nonsense.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information