Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stafford requests a trade

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Stafford requests a trade

I’m shocked there isn’t a thread about this yet but Stafford wants out of Detroit.

Talk is the Lions expect a first round pick. Do you give up #9 for a 32 year old QB who is often injured in hopes he can get this team to the post season? I’ve got to imagine Indy and maybe SF would be his top two on his wish list.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

If there was ever a year to make a play on an established QB, this is the offseason for it.

Aaron Rodgers also seems like he might not want to be in GB next season.

I’m all in on Stanford.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

5. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m shocked there isn’t a thread about this yet but Stafford wants out of Detroit.

Talk is the Lions expect a first round pick. Do you give up #9 for a 32 year old QB who is often injured in hopes he can get this team to the post season? I’ve got to imagine Indy and maybe SF would be his top two on his wish list.
    I don't think so. If I'm Denver I offer my 2nd rd. pick at most. I'm not a huge fan of that contract though. I think Indy makes that move though. They don't have a high draft pick, and they are probably not super set on letting Brisett run it back next year.....Certainly means Detroit is in play for Lance or Wilson in the top 10 now.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I don't think so. If I'm Denver I offer my 2nd rd. pick at most. I'm not a huge fan of that contract though. I think Indy makes that move though. They don't have a high draft pick, and they are probably not super set on letting Brisett run it back next year.....Certainly means Detroit is in play for Lance or Wilson in the top 10 now.....
    Pick 9 is waaay too much for stafford. For Rodgers sure. Watson 100%. Not Stafford
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following 8 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

He would upgrade the offense. But he’s a statue and easily injured.

11. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Pick 9 is waaay too much for stafford. For Rodgers sure. Watson 100%. Not Stafford
    This is where I'm at with him. He's good, and would be an upgrade, but he's not "mortgage the future" good.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Forget Stafford. If we're gonna go for someone, let's go for Aaron Rodgers, who quietly seems to want out. Pick number 9 and something extra for Rodgers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yep, as with everyone else Rodgers and Watson should be our targets if we are going to go there. Unless we could get Stafford on the cheap i would just avoid that move personally.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I don’t think Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. I think Rodgers is contemplating retirement. The statement he made was along the lines of “don’t know if I’ll be back next year”. I think it was said in desperation after a heart-wrenching loss to TB where every call seemed to go against them. He seemed fed up, not with GB, but with football and the NFL. He’s 37 years old and is about to win his 3rd MVP. I highly doubt he wants to go to some other team and start over.

This isn’t like Stafford’s situation where he’s been on a losing team for a losing franchise most of his career and wants a fresh start. Green Bay was the #1 seed in the NFC and is a great team. I think he’s tired of the grind and of the BS. I think his statement was made in anger over the loss and to stir shit up about retirement. Kinda like Bret Favre did every year for 5 years.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is where I'm at with him. He's good, and would be an upgrade, but he's not "mortgage the future" good.

Yep, if we are going to toss away #9 for a qb, I'd rather do on fields or a qb that can be here for 15 years.

I lkke Stafford but he's older and has not proven he is elite top 10 qb in the nfl. Thats worth a 2nd or 3rd. Top 9 pick is for a top 9 player in the nfl
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Yep, if we are going to toss away #9 for a qb, I'd rather do on fields or a qb that can be here for 15 years.

I lkke Stafford but he's older and has not proven he is elite top 10 qb in the nfl. Thats worth a 2nd or 3rd. Top 9 pick is for a top 9 player in the nfl
    I see him probably going somewhere like Indy or Washington, a playoff team with a later first round pick who needs a QB. I'd give a 2 for him, but I think someone will give a late 1 and they can have him.

He isn't a QB that can take a team on his shoulders and make them better. That is the kind of player we need. No thanks on #9. If we were mortgaging the future, I'd spend that on Watson.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Sorry for the Discover ad, but...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

Talk is the Lions expect a first round pick. Do you give up #9 for a 32 year old QB who is often injured in hopes he can get this team to the post season?
    No. Not for Stafford.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information