Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stafford requests a trade

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t think Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. I think Rodgers is contemplating retirement. The statement he made was along the lines of “don’t know if I’ll be back next year”. I think it was said in desperation after a heart-wrenching loss to TB where every call seemed to go against them. He seemed fed up, not with GB, but with football and the NFL. He’s 37 years old and is about to win his 3rd MVP. I highly doubt he wants to go to some other team and start over.

This isn’t like Stafford’s situation where he’s been on a losing team for a losing franchise most of his career and wants a fresh start. Green Bay was the #1 seed in the NFC and is a great team. I think he’s tired of the grind and of the BS. I think his statement was made in anger over the loss and to stir shit up about retirement. Kinda like Bret Favre did every year for 5 years.
    I don't see giving up 9 for Rogers at 37yrs old. I also don't see giving the 9 for Stafford who is 6 yrs younger than Rogers at 32. However, Stafford still has quit a few good years under his belt. It's been mentioned that he's an injury risk guy. Not so. He's tough as nails and hasn't been hurt that much in his career.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

2. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don’t think Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. I think Rodgers is contemplating retirement. The statement he made was along the lines of “don’t know if I’ll be back next year”. I think it was said in desperation after a heart-wrenching loss to TB where every call seemed to go against them. He seemed fed up, not with GB, but with football and the NFL. He’s 37 years old and is about to win his 3rd MVP. I highly doubt he wants to go to some other team and start over.

This isn’t like Stafford’s situation where he’s been on a losing team for a losing franchise most of his career and wants a fresh start. Green Bay was the #1 seed in the NFC and is a great team. I think he’s tired of the grind and of the BS. I think his statement was made in anger over the loss and to stir shit up about retirement. Kinda like Bret Favre did every year for 5 years.
    I dunno, I could see him going all Andrew Luck. But he's clearly still got lots of talent and was clearly pissed off about losing yesterday. And I think he feels like he's being pushed out a little bit what with GB taking a QB in the first round last season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

If we're going to trade for someone, that person has to be able to beat Mahomes at least once every regular season and likely once again in the playoffs. Of the two, I only see Rogers capable of doing that and maybe only for the next two years.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

5. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

All day. We can't be this spoiled to think we can just dismiss someone as talented as Stafford. He isn't old and has a crap team around him. He has never had a running game and played with some historically bad defenses and coaches.

#9 pick and I don't hesitate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I dunno, I could see him going all Andrew Luck. But he's clearly still got lots of talent and was clearly pissed off about losing yesterday. And I think he feels like he's being pushed out a little bit what with GB taking a QB in the first round last season.
    I dont know why he is pissed, GB did the same thing with him to Favre.

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    All day. We can't be this spoiled to think we can just dismiss someone as talented as Stafford. He isn't old and has a crap team around him. He has never had a running game and played with some historically bad defenses and coaches.

#9 pick and I don't hesitate.
    Stafford just makes us the bridesmaid in the AFC west.
    It's like when Manning became available. I dont know why Buffalo, NYJets and Miami weren't all in. It was the only way they became relevant in the East.
    Stafford would make us better, but he doesn't have the "it" to take us to the promised land.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    Stafford just makes us the bridesmaid in the AFC west.
    It's like when Manning became available. I dont know why Buffalo, NYJets and Miami weren't all in. It was the only way they became relevant in the East.
    Stafford would make us better, but he doesn't have the "it" to take us to the promised land.
    Who is available that does? Let's get better. We can compete with him and a defense

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

I think like Manning, Rogers gives us a short window to compete. I also think that Watson could be the missing link since he has a similar skill set to Mahomes. You might get Rogers for a first round considering age and salary. Watson would cost an arm and leg.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The four I would actively attempt to grab:

1. Watson
    2. Garoppolo
    3. Dak
    4. Fameis Jameis

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

The four I would actively attempt to grab:

1. Watson
    2. Garoppolo
    3. Dak
    4. Fameis Jameis
    I could get behind Watson and Dak. Jameis intrigues because of the million yards he tossed two years ago, but how do you overcome the int's with that guy? That's a head issue that's so hard to get right.

14. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Aside from Ben...they are in the proper order

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Why would anyone want Garoppolo? Especially if SF is not planning on sticking with him.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...ance-and-more/

This is bulshit.

Why am I the only one that doesn’t think the Broncos are dogshit?

They’ve get better skill position talent than all the other 4, they have the best DC and now that Colts LT retired they legitimately could have the best OL (as long as NFL officiates holding calls the same).
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Why would anyone want Garoppolo? Especially if SF is not planning on sticking with him.
    If SF doesn't stick with him, odds are he can be had on a reasonable deal. I'm guessing New England would be the frontrunner for his services when/if he hits the open market. Jimmy G is just 1 season removed from reaching the Super Bowl, and there is a reason he was signed to that insane deal to begin with. He would be a good pickup for the Patriots, Texans, Lions, or The Football Team and I would expect him to get mid-level starter money in the open market.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Stafford is a franchise QB, they won’t find that at #9, good luck if you think otherwise.

Besides, Peter King is saying teams are anticipating two 2’s.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information