Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Saints Fire Sale?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Alexander Johnson
    Posts
    4,508

    Default Saints Fire Sale?

    https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints/
    Looks like the Saints are in terrible cap shape and don't have many contracts they can easily offload. Working backwards from 95 million:
    Rollover: 12 million (Not sure what full rules are, but can be used to re-sign someone)
    83 million.
    Brees Retires: Save $13.5 million (plus whatever prorated bonus the Saints ask for back, but this is unlikely)
    69.5 million.
    Cut K'won Alexander: Save 13.54 million
    56 million
    Trade or cut Sanders: Save 6 million
    50 million
    Cut Josh Hill: Save 2.5 million
    47.5 million
    Here is where the fire sale assets come in
    Cut or trade Janoris Jenkins: Save $8 million from trade, or $7 million from cut.
    40 million
    Cut or trade Ryan Ramczyk: Save $11 million
    29 million
    Cut or trade Marshon Lattimore: Save $10.2 million
    19 million
    Cut or trade Malcolm Brown (DT): Save $5 million
    14 million

    Michael Thomas, Cameron Jordan, Demario Davis have contracts that could be restructured, but this is what got them into this mess to begin with.


    What do you guys think the trade value of Lattimore and Ramczyk are? Janoris Jenkins would be another possibility, but I don't care for his past red flags.

    Ramczyk is the least likely to be traded, but both him and Lattimore are entering contract years and have played at a very high level. It is very possible the Saints end up moving one or both for sheer cap convenience. Either one would be a major upgrade for the Broncos.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    78,208

    Default

    I would love to have Ramczyk on this team.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    11,918

    Default

    They aren't fire selling anything big and important IMO. They resigned T Hill and plan on him going forward, making their QB room very affordable.

    I'd take Sanders back in a heartbeat...especially if Sutton got sent to Houston for some reason. Kwon would also be worth considering.

    They'll go 1 more year with Hill at QB and assess their future before the blow the whole thing up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Alexander Johnson
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    They aren't fire selling anything big and important IMO. They resigned T Hill and plan on him going forward, making their QB room very affordable.

    I'd take Sanders back in a heartbeat...especially if Sutton got sent to Houston for some reason. Kwon would also be worth considering.

    They'll go 1 more year with Hill at QB and assess their future before the blow the whole thing up.
    They are $95 million over the cap... The team absolutely cannot carry on like this. I just don't see how they can do it without moving one or both of their cornerbacks, and with Brees retiring, it seems like a perfect time to have a youth movement.

    I miscalculated Brees. He has a $25 million base salary, so all $25 million would come off the books. Even with the extra $11.5 million though, the team is still in bad shape.

    Michael Thomas can be traded after June 1 to save $12.8 million, or he can be cut after June 1 to save $9.8 million. I don't see them cutting him, but stranger things have happened. If I'm a team like the Jets or the Dolphins with serious talent issues at WR, I'm on the phone.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    11,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    They are $95 million over the cap... The team absolutely cannot carry on like this. I just don't see how they can do it without moving one or both of their cornerbacks, and with Brees retiring, it seems like a perfect time to have a youth movement.

    I miscalculated Brees. He has a $25 million base salary, so all $25 million would come off the books. Even with the extra $11.5 million though, the team is still in bad shape.

    Michael Thomas can be traded after June 1 to save $12.8 million, or he can be cut after June 1 to save $9.8 million. I don't see them cutting him, but stranger things have happened. If I'm a team like the Jets or the Dolphins with serious talent issues at WR, I'm on the phone.
    Watch them trade everyone to Houston

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Adopted Bronco:
    Alexander Johnson
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Watch them trade everyone to Houston
    Texans are also in bad shape cap wise($17 million over). Nothing like the Saints, but they are going to have to cut some weight. Trading Watson before June 1 causes $5 million in dead cap space, trading him after June 1 clears $10 million, but I don't see them trading him after day 1 of the draft.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    37,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    They are $95 million over the cap... The team absolutely cannot carry on like this. I just don't see how they can do it without moving one or both of their cornerbacks, and with Brees retiring, it seems like a perfect time to have a youth movement.

    I miscalculated Brees. He has a $25 million base salary, so all $25 million would come off the books. Even with the extra $11.5 million though, the team is still in bad shape.

    Michael Thomas can be traded after June 1 to save $12.8 million, or he can be cut after June 1 to save $9.8 million. I don't see them cutting him, but stranger things have happened. If I'm a team like the Jets or the Dolphins with serious talent issues at WR, I'm on the phone.
    And New Orleans' GM is highly coveted? Doesn't make any sense to me.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  8. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,084

    Default

    I wonder if you can make a trade and designate it “Post June 1st” like you can cut/release?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Chidobe Awuzie CB, Leonard Williams DE, Takk McKinley OLB, David Irving DE, Michael Davis CB.

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen T/G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Trill Williams CB. TJ Vasher WR. Jaelan Phillips EDGE. Javonte Williams RB.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    47,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    And New Orleans' GM is highly coveted? Doesn't make any sense to me.
    You mean Fontenot, the guy we interviewed? He isn't their GM, he's their director of pro scouting. So he isn't the guy who had final say over anything.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  12. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fulshear, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    37,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You mean Fontenot, the guy we interviewed? He isn't their GM, he's their director of pro scouting. So he isn't the guy who had final say over anything.
    Oh gotcha. As you can see I haven't been following too closely.

    Either way, NO's cap situation seems to be a dumpster fire and will be interesting to watch.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,836

    Default

    I stopped trying to figure out cap situations a few years ago. They’ll finagle a way around it, whether it be restructuring or cuts. There might be a few pieces available, but it won’t be the ones we all want because those are the ones the Saints want.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  14. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  15. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    24,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    They aren't fire selling anything big and important IMO. They resigned T Hill and plan on him going forward, making their QB room very affordable.

    I'd take Sanders back in a heartbeat...especially if Sutton got sent to Houston for some reason. Kwon would also be worth considering.

    They'll go 1 more year with Hill at QB and assess their future before the blow the whole thing up.
    ummmm why would sutton get sent anywhere?

    Did I miss something? Are you just guessing if we trade for watson?


    I would be pissed to high heavens if we sent sutton anywhere (unless its for watson). Id be ok with that.
     
    made you look haha

  16. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sharon, PA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson
    Posts
    11,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    ummmm why would sutton get sent anywhere?

    Did I miss something? Are you just guessing if we trade for watson?


    I would be pissed to high heavens if we sent sutton anywhere (unless its for watson). Id be ok with that.
    Yes...for Watson. Forgot to quote "for some reason "

  17. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,084

    Default

    Brees told Jameis Winston “this is your team now” after their playoff loss.

    I sincerely hope Payton isn’t serious about going with Taysom Tebow.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

    Chidobe Awuzie CB, Leonard Williams DE, Takk McKinley OLB, David Irving DE, Michael Davis CB.

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen T/G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Trill Williams CB. TJ Vasher WR. Jaelan Phillips EDGE. Javonte Williams RB.

  18. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Brees told Jameis Winston “this is your team now” after their playoff loss.

    I sincerely hope Payton isn’t serious about going with Taysom Tebow.
    There seems to be no indication that they don’t plan on going with Taysom unless I missed something.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group