Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars hire Urban Meyer as coach

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Jacksonville Jaguars hire Urban Meyer as coach

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jaguars have hired Urban Meyer as their new head coach, turning to one of the most successful college coaches in NCAA history to help spur a turnaround of one of the NFL's worst franchises.

"This is a great day for Jacksonville and Jaguars fans everywhere," team owner Shad Khan said in a statement. "Urban Meyer is who we want and need, a leader, winner and champion who demands excellence and produces results. While Urban already enjoys a legacy in the game of football that few will ever match, his passion for the opportunity in front of him here in Jacksonville is powerful and unmistakable."

Meyer's hiring comes after regular communication between him and the Jaguars. Sources previously told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Meyer had been assembling a coaching staff, including some assistants from the college ranks, ahead of taking the Jaguars job.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...an-meyer-coach

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Should be interesting.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Adam Schefter Retweeted
    Jeremy Fowler
    @JFowlerESPN
    ·
    23m
    Scott Linehan has emerged as a prime candidate for Jaguars offensive coordinator under Urban Meyer, per @toddarcher
    and me. Former NFL head coach and OC was at LSU last year, has long had relationship with Meyer.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Wouldn’t that be some shit if Meyer passed on Lawerence and took his boy Fields at #1 overall? It would officially put the fork in the Jags for the long term and make the #2 pick and the competition for it ridiculous. I could actually see it happening. Meyer is that kind of arrogant a-hole who would think he could run his college offense with Fields and be successful. He’s cut from the same cloth as Saban (who was 15-17 and then bailed in the NFL), Bobby Petrino, and Steve Spurrier. The fact that they hired Meyer before a GM when looking for both leads me to believe that Meyer will have heavy say (maybe even final say) in personnel.

Crazy to even think about but it’s a long way to the draft and stranger things have happened.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-14-2021 at 09:28 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Wouldn’t that be some shit if Meyer passed on Lawerence and took his boy Fields at #1 overall? It would officially put the fork in the Jags for the long term and make the #2 pick and the competition for it ridiculous. I could actually see it happening. Meyer is that kind of arrogant a-hole who would think he could run his college offense with Fields and be successful. He’s cut from the same cloth as Saban (who was 15-17 and then bailed in the NFL), Bobby Petrino, and Steve Spurrier. The fact that they hired Meyer before a GM when looking for both leads me to believe that Meyer will have heavy say (maybe even final say) in personnel.

Crazy to even think about but it’s a long way to the draft and stranger things have happened.
    Dont laugh, i actually saw a mock with the Jags taking Fields #1.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I would laugh as that would be the ultimate "Spurrier" move.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Meyer left Ohio State before Fields got there, so they really don't have any connection.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Meyer left Ohio State before Fields got there, so they really don't have any connection.
    Meyer has kept very close ties with the current coaching staff and knows Fields well.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Meyer has kept very close ties with the current coaching staff and knows Fields well.
    Eh, I still don't think that means he'll pick Fields. If Jax didn't make it clear that Lawrence is the guy before they hired him, that's on them.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I love Fields as much as anyone but you don’t pass on the unicorn because of familiarities.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They hired Trent Baalke to be GM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information